Does Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing, or won’t launch, preventing players from loading the games? Is it crashing at random intervals?
Here we have explained the best troubleshooting tips and tricks to fix the Age of Empire 4 keeps crashing issues.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Causes of Age of Empire 4 Crashing on PC
- Before Trying Anything
How To Fix Age of Empire 4 Keeps Crashing Error on PC
- Fix 1. Update Graphics Card
- Fix 2. Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Fix 3. Install Latest Game Patch
- Fix 4. Disable Steam Overlay
- Fix 5. Uninstall Third-Party Monitoring Apps
- Fix 6. Disable Antivirus Software
- Fix 7. Repair Corrupted System Files
- Fix 8. Perform a Clean Boot
- Fix 9. Is XInput1_4.dll Missing
Causes of Age of Empire 4 Crashing on PC
The common causes of Age of Empire 4 not crashing are:
- Outdated graphics card drivers
- Pending game patch
- Third-party software causing conflict
- Corrupt game files
Before Trying Anything
Make sure your PC meets the system requirements of Age of Empire 4.
You should also try to restart your PC and game to see if it solves crashing or freezing errors.
How To Fix Age of Empire 4 Keeps Crashing Error on PC
Apply the fixes mentioned below as one of them will surely solve your problem.
Fix 1. Update Graphics Card
Often it’s the outdated graphics card drivers that are causing the Age of Empires 4 to keep crashing issues. The GPU is essential hardware that helps PC users to play games.
You need to make sure that your GPU is fully up to date. Even if your GPU is updated maybe the current version got corrupted or stopped working.
So you can uninstall graphics card drivers and then reinstall them to fix game crashing issues.
The easiest way to update GPU drivers is to download Driver Easy.
Driver Easy is a 100 % reliable tool that scans your PC to find outdated drivers and then install the latest version from official sites automatically.
This tool is available in Free and Pro Version. In the Pro version, you can update system drivers in 2 clicks.
Fix 2. Verify Integrity of Game Files
Chances are that the Age of Empire 4 game files is corrupted or removed accidentally. Another problem with PC games is that the game files often get corrupted.
Run integrity of game files on steam to recover or repair the lost game file. Here’s how to run this process:
- Launch Steam and go to your Library.
Right-click on Age of Empires 4 and select Properties.
- Click LOCAL FILES on the left, then click Verify integrity of game files….
After verifying the process completes, run the game to check if Age of Empire 4 keeps crashing error resolved or not.
Fix 3. Install Latest Game Patch
To improve game performance and fix bugs-related issues the Age of Empire 4 developers regularly release the latest game patch.
Fix 4. Disable Steam Overlay
Are you using Steam overlay while playing games on PC? You need to disable this feature to fix the Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing problem.
The Steam overlay does enhance the gaming experience at the same time it can also interfere with the smooth running of games.
Here is how to disable Steam Overlay:
- Launch Steam and navigate to the LIBRARY tab.
- Right-click on Age of Empires 4 and then select Properties.
- Click on the General tab
- Uncheck Enable Steam Overlay while in-game.
Programs like Nvidia GeForce Experience, Discord, and Twitch also have overlay features. If you are using any one of them make sure to disable it.
Fix 5. Uninstall Third-Party Monitoring Apps
These tools cause conflict resultantly you have to deal with Age of Empire 4 keeps crashing error.
Fix 6. Disable Antivirus Software
If the Age of Empire 4 won’t launch then it’s because you have installed antivirus software.
The antivirus tools mistakenly consider game files a threat and prevent them from running.
You can create an exception list or simply disable the antivirus tool from running in the background.
Fix 7. Repair Corrupted System Files
Over time Windows 10’s system files also get corrupted. If you are playing games on PC for a long time then you should know about the missing DLL file error.
This error pops up if you have accidentally removed DLL files from your system. There are two ways either to download DLL files or use the Windows repair tool.
We recommend Download Reimage, a powerful tool that specializes in Windows repair. This tool compares your system files with the original OS and if any file is found missing, replace it automatically.
Fix 8. Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes multiple apps and services start running automatically when you turn on your PC. These apps may cause interruption, all you need to do is to perform a clean boot.
Follow these steps:
- Press Windows + R keys and type msconfig to open the System Configuration.
- Click on the Services tab and Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox from the bottom.
- Click on Disable all > Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, open Task Manager and click on the Startup tab to Disable it.
- Click on the particular app which has a higher startup impact.
- Do the same steps for each program that has a higher startup impact.
- Once done, make sure to restart your computer to apply changes.
Fix 9. Is XInput1_4.dll Missing
Many users have reported that the Age of Empire 4 keeps crashing on PC is caused by the XInput1_4.dll.
If this file is missing you need to download XInput1_4.dll from the trusted site and copy-paste it into the game directory.