AKA is a super adorable and chill little game where you craft shelter, tools, clothes, or various items. All fun is ruined when players complain about AKA crashing, stuttering, FPS drop, and backscreen problems.
So before you start pointing fingers at developers there are troubleshooting tips that you might want to try. Of course, you should also wait for the game patch that will specifically address these problems.
In this article, we have explained possible fixes that will help you solve AKA crashing, stuttering, FPS drops, and black screen issues on PC.
How To Fix AKA Crashing on PC?
Unlike consoles, PC users shave to make sure the system requirements are sufficient to play the game. The outdated GPU drivers and wrong Windows settings can also cause crashing AKA.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
If you are dealing with random mid-game AKA crashes on PC then follow the below steps.
- Restart your PC and then play the game. (Mostly it’s a temporary glitch)
- Make sure your PC meets the system requirements to play High on Life.
- Updated your graphics, and network drivers on Windows PC. (How to Update Graphics Driver [Intel/AMD])
- Updated Windows operating system.
- Install Latest Direct X and Visual C++
- Disable background programs (google chrome)
- Disable your Antivirus software or Windows Defender temporarily.
- Play High on Life in a windowed mode.
- Prevent computer overheating (If you are using MSI Afterburner to overclock then uninstall it and then play the game.)
- Verify the integrity of game files to check if the files are corrupted or not.
How To Fix AKA Stuttering, Lag, and Low FPS on PC?
no one likes to play any game that has graphical glitches or delays in rendering frames. Usually AKA stuttering, lag, or FPS drops happens when you have messed up in-game graphics or playing a game with an old graphics driver.
Nvidia and AMD control panels users can also face AKA stuttering because of misconfigured settings.
If you are dealing with the AKA stuttering or FPS drops then apply the following tweaks in your system and game.
- Update your graphics driver
- Reduce in-game graphics settings (Set lower resolution, texture filtering, texture quality, and disable Anti-aliasing)
- The screen resolution and the game resolution must match otherwise it will overwhelm GPU causing stuttering.
- Turn off the Windows Game Mode, Xbox game bar, and Captures.
- Turn off unnecessary apps and background processes
- Enable V-Sync to limit your GPU output frames that sync with the refresh rate of your monitor.
- If you are using the Nvidia control panel then use Prefer maximum performance.
- Check your faulty Hard Disk and if possible upgrade to SSD.
- Disable Windows Update Delivery Optimization that downloads updated live from the internet causing stuttering and fps drop issue.
- Turn off Dynamic Tick by using these commands in your command prompt
- bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
- bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
- bcdedit /set tscsyncpolicy Enhanced
- Optional: Turn off the Diagnostic Policy Service
- Assign a dedicated GPU from the device manager.
How To Fix AKA Black Screen on PC?
While playing AKa on PC if a black screen appears without any error code making your game crash then try the following fixes.
- Check Your cables and connections that are connecting monitors.
- Unplug any unnecessary accessory that you have connected to the computer.
- Try resetting your BIOS/UEFI as they might not load your operating system correctly.
- Disable unnecessary startup programs using the Task Manager.
- Update your GPU driver as a faulty or outdated driver may also cause a black screen while playing High on Life.
- Try pressing the Windows key + CTRL + Shift + B together to restart the GPU driver.
- Make sure that your PC is not overheating. You need to check your GPU temperature.
- Check your PSU because your PSU might not be transferring the required power to GPU.