Does Apex Legends connection to server timed out error occurs after loading or mid-game? Check out our below fixes.
You are not the only one who is stuck with the “connection to the server timed out” error. Players who are playing Apex Legends on PC, XBOX, PS4, Nintendo, Switch, or mobile are also dealing with this error.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
What does “connection to server timed out” error mean?
It means that the game and the server are unable to communicate with each other. It’s because either there’s a problem with your internet connection or the EA’s online service is down.
The Apex Legends may be stored on your gaming PC but you can play matches on the game’s server. When these two points can’t establish a link then you will see the server time-out error.
What Causes Server Timed Out Error on Apex Legends
Unlike Apex Legends out of sync with the server this error appears after loading the game or mid-game when the game freezes.
The major causes discussed on forums include:
- A random game glitch: You can easily fix it after restarting the game or restarting your PC.
- Game Server is Down: Developers off and on take offline game servers for scheduled maintenance.
- Poor Internet Connection Speed: While playing Apex Legends match data goes back and forth if your internet connection is slow then you will see this error.
- WiFi connectivity issue: Sometimes the PC or PS4 won’t connect to WiFi.
- Corrupt game data: Often failed updates of a game or drivers damage the game files.
How To Fix Apex Legends Connection To Server Timed Out Error
Here are some of the fixes you can try to troubleshoot the Apex Legends Timed Out Error on your PC.
Fix 1. Restart Apex Legends and Computer
First Apex Legends is stuck in forever load and when it finally does the screen gets all dark and then comes to the “Connection to server time out. See ea.com….” error.
Mostly it’s a minor glitch that can easily be fixed if you restart your game and then your computer. Restarting the PC helps you re-establish the connection to the game server.
Before restarting the game make sure that you have completely closed the game including its processes that are running in the Task Manager.
Fix 2. Check If Apex Server is Up and Running
If the game server is itself down then you can’t solve the connection to a server time-out error. The only way is to wait until the developer fixes any technical error in their server.
However, you can visit and follow the official account of Apex Legends on Twitter to get real-time updates relating to the server or other game problems.
Fix 3. Clear Game Cache
The game cache is stored on your PC and when these cache files get corrupted or damaged it will cause several problems including the Apex Legends connection to the server timed out error.
To fix this error clear out the cache folder, follow these steps:
- Exit the game and Origin application.
- Press Win+R key and type in %ProgramData%/Origin in the box then click OK.
- It will open Origin folder with a lot of subfolders. Delete all the folders except for LocalContent.
- Again press Win+R to type in %AppData% and click OK.
- The AppData > Roaming folder will show up. Go Back and you will see a folder named Local.
- Double-click to open Local folder and delete Origin folder.
Fix 4. Flush Your DNS
Another fix that most of the time fixes the game not working issues is the flushing of your DNS servers.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Search and type cmd.
- Right-click command prompt and Run As Administrator
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter
- Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter
- Restart your PC
Fix 5. Update Network Adapter Driver
Many users confirmed that they had outdated network adapter drivers that’s why they faced Apex Legends connection to server timed out error.
Soon they updated these drivers the error was fixed and they were able to play the game. If you have outdated drivers then make sure to update them.
Follow these steps to update drivers:
- Press Win+R and type devmgmt.msc then hit Enter.
- In the Device Manager double-click on the Network adapters tab to expand the list.
- Right-click on the adapter for instance, Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
- Click Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for drivers.
- Now follow the on screen instructions to finish the process.
If you don’t want to go through this hassle then simply download the driver updater software and let it scan and update the required drivers automatically. We suggest you download Driver Easy or IObit Driver Booster both of them are the pointer tools in their field.
Fix 6. Update Router’s Firmware
You should also make sure that your router’s firmware is also up to date.
To check if it’s updated follow these steps:
- Type your IP Address in the browser URL.
- Use log-in credentials to get access the router main page.
- Find the Firmware upgrades from the list.
- Update router’s firmware and restart your computer.
Fix 7. Restart Windows Audio Service
You should also check if the Windows audio services are running properly. If it’s not running then try to restart the service.
Follow these steps:
- Launch Apex Legends.
- Press Windows key to go back to the desktop and press Win+R key.
- Here type services.msc then hit Enter.
- Find Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service, right-click on it and select Stop.
- On the confirmation pop-up window, click Yes.
- Now, right-click on Windows Audio service again and select Start.
Fix 8. Use Wired Connection
Sometimes the Wifi connection over time deteriorates due to problems in the router and console.
Try using the wired cable to connect your console to the router.
Fix 9. Open All Port in Your Router
A user on Reddit confirmed that adding ports forwarding in the router helped her fix the connection to server timed out error on Apex Legends.
Follow these steps to apply this fix:
- Open Google Chrome and type in IP address to open router’s settings.
- Enter login name and password.
- Open Advanced Settings. Depending upon model the name of seting might differ. It could be Additional Settings or Expert Settings, etc.
- Find the selection for Port Forwarding. Most modern routers have an easy-to-change setup for forwarding ports built into their software.
- Enter the IP address of your computer into the entry that requires it. Choose the ports you want to open based on what device you’re using.
- Save settings and restart your router, and computer.
Now try to launch the Apex Legends to confirm if the connection to the server timed out error is resolved.