Ever found yourself stuck in Apex Legends, staring at a never-ending loading screen? It’s a common headache for many players. But fret not! We’ve gathered some straightforward solutions from the gaming community to help you escape this frustrating loop.
Whether you’re playing on Steam, Origin, or both, these fixes could be the answer to getting you back into the game smoothly. Let’s explore these solutions to fix Apex Legends stuck on the infinite loading screen, so you can dive back into the game.
How To Fix Apex Legends Infinite Loading Screen Error
You can work your way down the list until the problem is resolved and you can enjoy the game again.
1. Verify the Integrity of Game Files on Steam
- Open Steam, go to the Library, right-click on Apex Legends, and select Properties.
- In the Local Files tab, choose “Verify integrity of game files” to check for and fix corrupted or missing files.
2. Set Easy Anti-Cheat Service to Apex Legends
- Open Steam, go to Library, right-click on Apex Legends, select Manage, then Browse local files.
- Open the EasyAntiCheat folder, run EasyAntiCheat Setup, and select Apex from the drop-down menu.
3. Disable Fullscreen Optimization
- In the Apex Legends installation folder, right-click on the game’s exe file, and go to Properties > Compatibility.
- Check “Disable Fullscreen optimization” and click Apply and OK.
4. Run r5 Apex.exe in the Compatibility Mod
To fix the infinite loading screen issue in Apex Legends follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Apex Legends in Steam.
- In the Properties window, go to the “Local Files” tab.
- Click on the “Browse” button to navigate to the directory where Apex Legends files are located.
- Locate the “r5apex.exe” file in the game directory and right-click to select “Properties.”
- Go to the “Compatibility” tab. Check the box that says “Run this program in compatibility mode for.”
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Windows 7.”
- Click “Apply > OK ” to save the compatibility mode setting.
- After restarting Steam, relaunch Apex Legends.
5. Disconnect USB Connected Devices
Disconnecting USB devices might seem simple, but many users have found it effective in fixing the infinite loading screen issue in Apex Legends.
If you have any USB-connected devices such as a flash drive or if you’re using mobile internet via a USB cable, try unplugging them before launching the game.
This also applies to your USB-connected mouse – unplug it, and you might avoid getting stuck in the Apex Legends infinite loading screen error.
6. Delete Antivirus Software
The Apex Legends stuck on loading screen error on PC also poops up because of third-party antivirus software. If you have installed antivirus software then you need to delete it to at least disable it from running.
7. Check For Queued Game Updates on Steam
If you are playing Apex Legends on Steam and stuck in a loading screen error then make sure there’s no pending update in the queue.
The infinite loading screen error in Apex Legends arises when you try to install the game update but due to internet interruption, it failed to finish.
8. Change Language in the Steam Client
Another fix that seems like the dumbest idea but it has fixed many player problems. So if you are also dealing with this situation where you are playing Apex Legends season 9/10/11.
Try changing the languages of Apex in Steam, here’s how:
- Open Steam client.
- Click on the Library tab and right-click on Apex Legends from the left side.
- Choose Properties and then click on Language Tab.
- change the language, and save the changes.
Now try to play the game to see if it loads properly.
9. Add Launch Options Using Steam
Try adding additional launch options in Apex Legends while playing it on Steam.
- Open Steam and head over to the Library
- Find Apex Legends, right-click on the game, and go to properties
- In the Launch Options section add the -dev.
- After adding the launch option simply start the game.
10. Connect With Different Game Server
The Apex Legends infinite loading screen is also caused by the overpopulated game server. Try changing the server location and then play the game:
- Launch the Apex Legends
- Wait for the Continue button to appear on the screen
- Click the Data Center option and then choose another server from the recommended Belgium 1, Belgium 3, and Sydney.
You May Also Like
- Fix: Apex Legends Connection To Server Timed Out Error
- Fix: Apex Legends Out of Sync With Server (PC/Xbox/PS4)