Does Arma 3 crashing on startup or soon after joining the server? Is it crashing after 10 minutes of launch? You will find our solution helpful.
Since the new warlord update, Arma 3 is constantly crashing
Users are complaining that Arma 3 keeps closing since they installed Warlord update while some users are dealing with Arma 3 crashes with error codes.
If you are also dealing with Arma 3 keeps closing unexpectedly on PC then you will find this article helpful.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Meet The Minimum System Requirements
- How To Fix Arma 3 Crashing on Computer
- Fix 1. Verify the Game File
- Fix 2. Play Arma 3 With New Profile
- Fix 3. Uninstall Mods
- Fix 4. Avoid CPU Overclocking
- Fix 5. Update Graphics Driver
- Fix 6. End Unnecessary Programs
- Fix 7. Deleted The PhysX3_x86.dll File
- Fix 8. Disable Firewall and Antivirus Software
- Fix 9. Reinstall the BattlEye service
- Fix 10. Reinstall your game and/or Steam
- You might Also Like:
Meet The Minimum System Requirements
You can’t run the game if your system is unable to meet the minimum system requirements to play Arma 3. Either you need to upgrade your gaming PC or keep dealing with Arma 3 constant crashes on startup.
|Operating System||Windows 7 SP1 (64bit)||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz|
AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
|Intel Core i5-4460|
AMD FX 4300 or better
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT|
AMD Radeon HD 5670
Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM
|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660|
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series with 2 GB VRAM
|GPU Memory||512 MB||2 GB|
|RAM||4 GB||8 GB|
|Hard Drive||45 GB||75 GB|
|Audio||DirectX® compatible on-board||DirectX® compatible soundcard|
|Other||Internet connection and free Steam account to activate|
Dual-Layer compatible when installing from DVD
|Internet connection and free Steam account to activate|
Dual-Layer compatible when installing from DVD
How To Fix Arma 3 Crashing on Computer
If the Arma 3 keeps crashing when tabbing out, opening the map, or joining the server then you will find the below fixes helpful. Even Arma 3 not responding or not launching still apply the below-mentioned fixes.
Fix 1. Verify the Game File
Sometimes the game files get corrupted causing random crashes on startup. You need to check the integrity of game files.
It’s a process that scans the game’s faulty or corrupted files and replaces them with new ones. If you are playing the Arma 3 on Steam then follow these steps:
- Open Steam Launcher.
- Click on Library.
- Right-click on Arma 3 and choose Properties.
- In Local Files, tab click on Verify the Integrity of Game Files.
- Now, wait for the process to complete.
Fix 2. Play Arma 3 With New Profile
Maybe your game profile is corrupt or not working properly giving you crashes after 10 minutes of gameplay.
Try to uninstall your Profile and then create a new one to play Arma 3 on PC.
Fix 3. Uninstall Mods
Arma 3 is a very stable game until you add mods (addons). Some mods are incompatible with others and may crash the game.
Remove any mods that you might be running and then play the Arma 3 to see if it’s still crashing.
Fix 4. Avoid CPU Overclocking
Does the CPU or GPU fans give loud noise right before, during, or after the Arma 3 crashes?
You might be playing Arma 3 with Overclocked CPU and that can cause serious problems. As the Arma 3 is an extremely CPU-intensive game, it’s possible your CPU overheating and throttling, causing the game to crash.
Fix 5. Update Graphics Driver
Many players on Reddit claimed that Arma 3 crashing occurs due to outdated graphics drivers. The Arms 3 error code 0xc0000005 also pop up due to that reason.
You need to upgrade your graphics driver to keep your gameplay running without any launch error.
There are two ways to update your graphics driver i.e. Manually or Automatically.
The manual process involves accessing the AMD/NVIDIA sites and then locating the compatible driver to download. It takes time and computer skills.
On the other hand, we recommend the Automatic method that requires you to Download Driver Easy on your windows PC. This tool is a No.1 driver updater tool for PC that automatically scans and installs the compatible version that helps you play any game.
The Driver Easy is available in the Free Trial and Pro versions. Its Free version lets you scan and install the drivers one at a time.
However, if you Buy the Driver Easy Pro version you can click on Scan Now button and then the Update All button. It will update all the drivers in a go. The Pro version comes with full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Fix 6. End Unnecessary Programs
Are you running multiple applications at the same time while playing games? These programs consume more resources leaving less for Arma 3, hence you see sudden crashing or freezing events.
You need to turn off all these apps by following these steps:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab and see which app is consuming more resources.
- Right-click on them and select End Task.
Fix 7. Deleted The PhysX3_x86.dll File
Sometimes the Arms 3 crashes show some error code i.e. physx_x86.dll (file name may not be correct) or access violation.
You need to open the file location where you have installed the Arma 3 and locate the PhysX3_x86.dll file and remove it.
Now restart your PC and then try to play the game.
Fix 8. Disable Firewall and Antivirus Software
Arms 3 players who were keeps dealing with random crashes on launch disable their firewall and fixed these issues.
If you have installed the antivirus software i.e. Malwarebytes, Avast, MacAfee, or AVG then try to disable them from running in the background. You can also uninstall these tools temporarily to check if it has fixed the crashing problem.
Fix 9. Reinstall the BattlEye service
Most of the time it’s the BattleEye service that triggers Arma 3 to keep crashing issues. Its anti-cheat service causes this error so you need to reinstall the BattleEye and then play the game.
Follow these steps:
- Exit Steam.
- Press the Win + E at the same time to open File Explorer.
- Paste C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 on the address bar, then press Enter.
- Delete the BattlEye folder.
- Go to the following directories C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\, to delete the BattlEye folder and C:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Arma 3\BattlEye\, to delete BEClient.dll.
- Run Steam.
- Click LIBRARY.
- Right-click Arma 3 and select Properties.
- Click the LOCAL FILES tab, then click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES.
Fix 10. Reinstall your game and/or Steam
If non of the above fixes resolves Arma 3 hard crashing then consider reinstalling the game afresh.
Use your Steam client to uninstall the game and then remove all the traces from your Windows 10 PC.
You might Also Like:
- Fix: Hitman 3 Crashing Or Not Launching on Windows 10/11 PC
- Fixed: Warcraft 3 Reforged Crashing/ Not Launching on Startup on PC
- Fix: FNAF Security Breach Crashing on PC
- Fixed: Rainbow Six Extraction Crashing on Startup PC
- Fixed: PUBG Freezing and Crashing on PC 2021
- Fixed: Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Keeps Crashing on PC
- Fixed: Century Age of Ashes keeps crashing on PC