Atomic Hearts is a role-playing game with stunning graphics and a strong story. however, many players are complaining about Fatal error crashes on PC.
The Atomic Heart Fatal error can occur on PC for many reasons. The most highlighted causes are outdated drivers, corrupted game files, or conflicts with other programs running on your system.
In this article, we have explained what you can do to fix the Atomic Hearts fatal error crashes.
How To Fix Atomic Heart Fatal Error Crash on PC
If you are dealing with the fatal error message LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 897] Tried to create a Gfx Pipeline State without Vertex Shader. Then here we have mentioned solutions that you can apply in your case.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
1. Force DirectX and Use Windowed Fullscreen
One possible solution to fix the Fatal error in Atomic Heart is to force the game to use DirectX 11 and enable Windows Borderless. This can be done by following these steps:
- Right-click the game in your Steam library and select “Properties.”
- Go to the “General” tab and click on “Set Launch Options.”
- Type “-dx11” (without quotes) into the launch options field and click “OK.”
- Launch the game and go to the video settings.
- Change the display mode to “Borderless Windowed.”
By setting the game to use DirectX 11 and enabling Windows Borderless, you may be able to resolve the Fatal error issue and play Atomic Heart without further crashes.
2. Don’t Overclock Your PC
GPU & CPU Overclocking can potentially cause a Fatal error in Atomic Heart if it causes instability in your system.
Overclocking increases the PC temperature and power consumption of your components, resultantly you will deal with crashes, system instability, or damage to your hardware.
However, if the issue persists, you may need to try other troubleshooting steps such as updating your drivers, verifying the game files, or disabling conflicting programs.
3. Lower In-Game Graphics Settings
Another useful tip to fix fatal error crashes is to lower the game graphics from the settings while playing the game.
In case Atomic Heart startup crashes are so severe that don’t give you a chance to lower the graphics. then follow these steps:
- Open the GeForce Experience.
- Select Atomic Heart and click on the Custom settings icon next to the ‘optimize’ button.
- Drag the slider to Performance and click Apply.
- Now click Optimize.
This will automatically lower the graphics without accessing the game settings. Launch Atomic Heart, and it won’t crash at launch with a Fatal error or LowLevelFatalError message.
4. Update GPU Drivers
Outdated graphics driver is another factor that causes Atomic Heart fatal error crashes on PC. Make sure you have updated your GPU drivers to their latest version.
Although, NVIDIA and AMD release game-specific updates that you can download and install on your PC it takes time.
Also updating the graphics card drivers is a time-consuming task, and if you are a newbie you can end up installing the wrong drivers.
So we recommend downloading Driver Easy software on your PC. This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
The Driver Easy is an N0.1 software updater tool in its field and for 12 years users are using it to fix their PC errors.
So download Driver Easy and let it deal with all the system drivers.
5. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
Sometimes the game files get corrupted due to improper turning off the PC or the game. These corrupted files can trigger a fatal error crash with an error message. You need to verify the game files. Here is how to do that:
- Open the “Steam” on your PC.
- Go to the game library and locate “Atomic Heart” from the list of installed games.
- Right-click on the game and select “Properties” from the drop-down options.
- Tap on “LOCAL FILES” from the left-side menu.
- Finally, tap on “Verify integrity of game files”.
Wait for a couple of minutes as preparing process takes some time.
6. Temporarily Disable Your Antivirus
To prevent potential issues with the game files being blocked, you may need to either temporarily disable your PC’s antivirus software or add the installation folder of Atomic Heart to the exception list. After taking these steps, you can then launch the game and see if any fatal errors occur.