Despite being the most reliable antivirus Avast is recently causing trouble for the users as it is not allowing the user to run programs on their computers. It gets really annoying when you want to run a program that does not open or stops right in the middle as your antivirus doesn’t allow you. Usually, your antivirus gets really protective about your system and stops a false positive This error can happen for several reasons some of them can be
- Avast installations are corrupted
- Incompatibility between CPU model and AVAST drivers
- Conflict of the driver with other applications
- Avast antivirus is not running properly
However, the question in your mind must be how I can fix this error and how do I allow Avast antivirus to allow a program. Your question can be answered here and your issue can be resolved.
How To Fix Avast Won’t Let Me Run A Program
Just test our effective fixes by following the step-by-step guide.
- How To Fix Avast Mobile Virus Definitions Update Failed Error
- How To Fix Keep Getting Avast Setup is Already Running Error
- How To Fix Avast Scheduled Scan Not Running
- How To Fix Avast Causing Internet Connection Issues
- How to Stop Avast from Running in the Background?
- How To Fix Why Avast Causing High CPU Temp and Fan Speed
Fix 1: Temporarily Disable Avast Antivirus
If Avast is not letting you run a program then the simplest way to fix this issue is to disable your Avast antivirus. It is a volatile solution and also leaves your system unprotected. However, you can temporarily disable your avast antivirus and run the program. Also, disabling and re-enabling the avast might solve the problem.
- Right-click on the Avast icon
- Click on the Avast shields control
- A side menu will appear. Disable Avast here and select for how long you want to disable avast.
- You will be provided with options; 10 minutes, 1 hour, until the computer restarts and permanently. Disable it for at least 10 minutes
- Confirm your action by clicking on Yes in the Avast prompt.
- All antivirus shields are off, would appear indicating Avast is disabled. message all in red in the main window when Avast is disabled.
Fix 2: Add Exceptions in Avast
Another better way to fix this error on your system is to add exceptions in avast. The applications and websites added to the Avast exception list don’t get scanned by Avast hence they won’t be blocked.
This would not just allow you to run a program but it would also protect your system that was left unprotected in the case of disabling your antivirus only to run a program. This is how you can do this
- Open Avast and click on the Menu button.
- Select Settings and go to the General tab
- In a general tab, click on the Exceptions option.
- Now click on Add Exception option and either browse to the executable or file you want to unblock or write the website URL you want to run.
- Click on the Add Exception option to confirm the selected file, website, or app.
You can view the Exception list and edit it by opening the exceptions option in the General tab. To remove any of the programs from the exception list just click on the trashcan icon beside it.
Fix 3: Restore from Virus Chest
There are some malicious files located by Avast in your system and it is unable to repair them. Such malicious files are quarantined by Avast and added to the virus chest. These programs become inaccessible to a user and then can also not access your system.
You can check if your desired file, website, or program is quarantined and added to the virus chest by avast. Don’t worry if you have found your file there, you can restore your file from the virus chest. Follow the steps to restore it.
- Open Avast Security.
- From the left panel, select the Protection option.
- Now click on the Virus Chest option or Quarantine and wait for it to scrutinize.
- Check the boxes of all the files you want to restore from the Virus Chest.
- Click on the 3 dot icon to open a small menu and select the Restore and add exception option. This will not only restore your selected file from the virus chest but also add it as an exception for the future.
Fix 4: Repair Avast
There can be any incompatibility issue with your antivirus or it can be corrupted causing this issue of not allowing you to run a program. This however can be fixed by repairing Avast.
- Go to Start and launch Control Panel
- Then click on Programs.
- Select Avast and click on Repair.
- When it is finished Restart your computer and check if the problem is fixed.