Are you experiencing the frustrating challenge of Battlefield 4 not launching on your Windows 11 PC? You’re not alone. Many gamers encounter issues with the game failing to start, and we understand how disheartening this can be.
In this guide, we’ll provide effective solutions to fix Battlefield 4’s launch issues. Whether you’re facing problems with the game not opening on Windows 11, encountering launch failures on Steam, or dealing with issues specific to EA Desktop, our step-by-step solutions aim to address a variety of scenarios.
Let’s navigate through the troubleshooting process and ensure that Battlefield 4 launches flawlessly on your Windows 11 PC.
How to Fix Battlefield 4 Not Launching on Windows 10 PC
Explore the solutions tailored to your specific issue and reclaim the joy of Battlefield 4 on your gaming platform.
Check System Requirements.
If your Battlefield 4 not launching on PC try checking your system requirements to play the game. To play BF4, your PC should meet the minimum system requirements for Battlefield 4 which are as follows.
|Minimum System Requirements
|Windows 10 64-bit
|Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHz or better
|512 MB AMD Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or better
You need to compare these hardware requirements with your PC. For that you need to check your PC specs: Follow these steps.
- Right-click on the start button and then click on the System
- Here you can see your PC’s system specifications.
Change Game Properties
Many players on the forum suggested Battlefield 4 not launch the issue by changing the game properties on the Origin client.
Follow these steps:
- Open Origin and select My Game Library.
- Right-click on the game icon and select Game Properties
- In the Game Properties go to Advanced Launch Options
- In this tab select Battlefield 4 x86 and click Save
- Relaunch Origin client (run it as Administrator)
- Test the game.
Optimize System Environment and Disable Overlays
To ensure a smooth Battlefield 4 gaming experience, start by performing a clean boot to identify any conflicting programs that might be affecting the game. This involves temporarily disabling unnecessary background processes. Additionally, disable overlays such as Discord or Nvidia Experience, as they can sometimes interfere with the game’s launch.
Furthermore, if you use Afterburner, close it before launching Battlefield 4. Users have reported issues where Afterburner prevents the game from launching. Similarly, exercise caution with the Origin overlay, as it may have compatibility issues with BF4. By optimizing your system environment and disabling overlays, you enhance the likelihood of a successful launch and an uninterrupted gaming session.
Optimizing Launch Settings in Origin for Battlefield 4
To fine-tune your Battlefield 4 launch settings in Origin and potentially resolve startup issues, follow these steps:
- Open the Origin client on your computer.
- Locate Battlefield 4 in your game library and right-click on it to access the context menu.
- Choose “Game Properties” from the dropdown menu to open the settings window.
- Navigate to the “Advanced Launch Options” section within the settings.
- In this section, select “Battlefield 4 (x86)” as your preferred launch option.
- Save the changes made to the launch settings.
- Close the Origin client completely.
- Relaunch the Origin client, ensuring it runs with administrative privileges.
- Try launching Battlefield 4 again and observe if the issue persists.
Repair Game File
Sometimes users face Battlefield 4 not launching on PC error because the game files are either missing or corrupted. So before trying anything more complicated, you’ll
need to repair the game files.
Follow these steps:
- Select My Game Library in Origin
- Right-click on Battlefield 4
- Choose Repair Game
Now, wait for the process to complete and then relaunch the game to if it’s working properly.
Update Graphics Driver.
If you have a faulty or corrupted graphics driver, Battlefield 4 won’t launch on your PC. You have to update the graphics driver to fix this issue. There are two methods i.e. Manual and Automatic to update GPU drivers.
Method No 1: In this method, you have to access the Windows 10 built-in utility called Device Manager and manually update the graphics driver from the manufacturer’s site.
- Press Windows + R and type devmgmt.msc to open Device Manager.
- Once it opens click on the Display Adapter tab to expand it.
- Right-click on the graphics card and click Update Driver option.
- Choose Search Automatically for Driver
- Follow the on-screen instruction
Method 2: This method is easier fast and doesn’t require PC skills. All you need is to download Driver Easy which is a PC driver updater tool. Run it and it will scan and update all the drivers for you.
Run Battlefield 4 in Windows 8 Compatibility Mode
To enhance compatibility and potentially overcome issues with the operating system, consider running Battlefield 4 in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Follow these detailed steps:
- Right-click on the Battlefield 4 shortcut or executable file.
- Select “Properties” from the dropdown menu to access the properties window.
- Navigate to the “Compatibility” tab within the properties window.
- Look for the “Compatibility mode” section.
- Check the box next to “Run this program in compatibility mode for:”
- In the dropdown menu, select “Windows 8” as the compatibility mode.
- Save the changes by clicking on “Apply” and then “OK.”
- Try launching Battlefield 4 again and monitor if the compatibility mode resolves the startup issues.
Re-install Battlefield 4.
Sometimes simplest tricks prove to be more beneficial. You should try reinstalling Battlefield 4 on PC. Maybe there are corrupted files that can’t be fixed.
Following these steps.
- Open Origin and select My Game Library
- Right-click the Battlefield 4 tile from the list, and select Uninstall
- After uninstalling, reinstall the game from Origin.
Before reinstalling the BF4 make sure you have removed all of its traces from the PC. Now check if the Battlefield 4, not launching problem is resolved or not.
Change Origin Offline/ Online Mode
Another solution that has been proven useful to some players is to set Origin to offline mode and launch Battlefield 4 that way. Here’s how:
- Launch the Origin and then click the Origin menu to select Go Offline.
- Run Battlefield 4 in this instance.
- Once the menu says you’re offline, switch windows to the Origin menu, then click Go online.
Return to the game and try to launch it again.
Rename The Game File
Changing the game filename has fixed the Battlefield 4 not launching problem for many users. Follow these steps:
- Open the folder where you have installed Battlefield 4.
- If you have installed the game in the default location then
- Open My PC > local disk C > Program files > EA Games folder and open it
- Open the Battlefield 4 folder and rename it with only Battlefield removing the TM with it.
Now try to run the game and see if it working.
Restart Your Computer.
If Battlefield 4 is still not launching on PC after going through all the above fixes, then try restarting the PC as a last chance. Sometimes some minor glitches or files can’t load up with the game.