Does Battlefield 4 not launching on Windows 10 PC Or it won’t launch on Steam or Origin client? Don’t worry you will find our solution helpful.
Many BF4 players have reported that when they try to launch the game it won’t launch. While some players are saying that when trying to launch battlefield 4 on Steam or Origin it takes them to the battle log website instead of loading up the game and then taking them to the game menu
Although players are loving this game pretty much, it seems that most players are still getting affected by the startup crashing or not launching issues. We offer you the most common ways to solve this problem.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- How To fix Battlefield 4 Not Launching on Windows 10 PC
- You might Like
How To fix Battlefield 4 Not Launching on Windows 10 PC
You don’t need to apply all the fixes below just work your way down the list until you find the right solution.
Fix 1. Check System Requirements.
If your battlefield 4 not launching on PC try checking your system requirements to play the game. To play the BF4, your PC should meet the minimum system requirements for Battlefield 4 which are as follows.
|Minimum System Requirements|
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit|
|CPU||Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHz or better|
|GPU||512 MB AMD Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or better|
You need to compare these hardware requirements with your PC. For that you need to check your own PC specs: Follow these steps.
- Right click on start button and then click on System
- Here you can see your PC’s system specifications.
Fix 2. Change Game Properties
Many players on the forum suggested battlefield 4 not launching the issue by changing the game properties on the Origin client.
Follow these steps:
- Open Origin and select My Game Library.
- Right-click on the game icon and select Game Properties
- In the Game Properties go to Advanced Launch Options
- In this tab select Battlefield 4 x86 and click Save
- Relaunch Origin client (run it as Administrator)
- Test the game.
Fix 3. Repair Game File
Sometimes users face Battlefield 4 not launching on PC error because the game files are either missing or corrupted. So before trying anything more complicated, you’ll
need to repair the game files.
Follow these steps:
- Select My Game Library in Origin
- Right-click on Battlefield 4
- Choose Repair Game
Now, wait for the process to complete and then relaunch the game to if it’s working properly.
Fix 4. Update Graphics Driver.
If you have a faulty or corrupted graphics driver, Battlefield 4 won’t launch on your PC. You have to update the graphics driver to fix this issue. There are two methods i.e. Manual and Automatic to update GPU drivers.
Method No 1: In this method, you have to access the Window 10 built-in utility called device manager and manually update the graphics driver from the manufacturer’s site.
- Press Windows + R and type devmgmt.msc to open Device Manager.
- Once it opens click on the Display Adapter tab to expand it.
- Right click on the graphics card and click Update Driver option.
- Choose Search Automatically for Driver
- Follow the on screen instruction
Method 2: This method is easier fast and doesn’t require PC skills. All you need is to download Driver Easy which is a PC driver updater tool. Run it and it will scan and update all the drivers for you.
Fix 5. Re-install Battlefield 4.
Sometimes simplest tricks prove to be more beneficial. You should try reinstalling Battlefield 4 on PC. Maybe there are corrupted files that can’t be fixed.
Following these steps.
- Open Origin and select My Game Library
- Right-click the Battlefield 4 tile from the list, and select Uninstall
- After uninstalling, reinstall the game from Origin.
Before reinstalling the BF4 make sure you have removed all of its traces from the PC. Now check if the Battlefield 4, not launching problem is resolved or not.
Fix 6. Change Origin Offline/ Online Mode
Another solution that has been proved useful to some players is to set Origin to offline mode and launch Battlefield 4 once that way. Here’s how:
- Launch the Origin and then click the Origin menu to select Go Offline.
- Run Battlefield 4 in this instance.
- Once the menu says you’re offline, switch windows to the Origin menu, then click Go online.
Return to the game and try to launch it again.
Fix 7. Rename The Game File
changing the game filename has fixed the battlefield 4 not launching problem for many users. Follow these steps:
- Open the folder where you have installed Battlefield 4.
- If you have installed the game in the default location then
- Open My PC > local disk C > Program files > EA Games folder and open it
- Open Battlefield 4 folder and rename it with only Battlefield removing the TM with it.
Now try to run the game and see if it working.
Fix 8. Restart Your Computer.
If Battlefield 4 is still not launching on PC after going through all the above fixes, then try restarting the PC as a last chance. Sometimes some minor glitches or files can’t load up with the game.