Call of duty: Warzone is recently showing a disc read error when the player launches it on windows 10 or returns to the lobby after matches. This Disc Read Error [6.154] sometimes appears after an update and asks a user to contact customer service for support.
As reported, this error might appear on COD: Warzone with different strings indicating various reasons behind the error like:
- Disc read error [6.154]: ‘common_mp.fp’
- Disc read error [6.154]: ‘mp_hackney_am.fp’
- Disc read error [6.154]: ‘global.stream.mp.fp’
- Disc read error [6.154]: ‘mp_hackney_am.fc’
- Disc read error [6.154]: ‘mp_don3.fp’
- Disc read error [6.154]: ‘code_post_gfx’
- Disc read error [6.154]: ‘common_base_mp.fp’
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Causes of Call of Duty: Warzone Disc Read Error
Numerous identified reasons behind the cod warzone disc read error on windows 11 are:
- Conflicting applications, services, and devices.
- Corrupt or missing game files on PC.
- Corrupted graphic drivers
- Outdated game version or OS.
How to Fix Call of Duty Warzone Disc Read Error
Fix 1: Disable Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer
Warzone players have encountered the error and have reported that disabling the Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer on Windows can fix the error [6.154]. Here is how you can try this
- Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open Settings.
- Click on System in the left panel and then select Sound
- Now scroll down to select the More sound settings option.
- Go to the Playback tab and right-click the Speakers
- Select Disable from the menu
- Restart your system to apply the changes.
Fix 2: Update Windows
Updating windows to the latest version removes all the errors and resolves performance issues. Updating your windows can fix this issue.
- Press the Windows and I key on the keyboard to open Settings
- Go to Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates and Windows will search for available updates and automatically download and install them if available.
Fix 3: Update the Graphics drivers
Another very basic and effective way to fix disc read errors on warzone is updating the graphic drivers as outdated and corrupted graphic drivers interrupt the system programs.
- Right-click the Start menu and open Device Manager.
- Click on Display adapters.
- Now click on the graphics card name and select Update driver
- Select Search automatically for drivers. If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Restart your PC to apply the changes.
Updating the graphics card drivers is a time-consuming task, and if you are a newbie you can end up installing the wrong drivers.
So we recommend downloading Driver Easy software on your PC. This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
The Driver Easy is an N0.1 software updater tool in its field and for 12 years users are using it to fix their PC errors.
So download Driver Easy and let it deal with all the system drivers.
Fix 4: Update Call of Duty: Warzone
You can also fix the Disc read error [6.154] pc by updating your game version
- Open the Blizzard Battle.net client on the computer.
- Click on the Blizzard logo in the top left corner.
- Go to Settings and select on Game Install/Update option.
- Scroll down and set the Automatic updates to Apply the latest updates and download future patch data for recently played games
- Now click on Done and Restart the PC.
Fix 5: Scan and Repair the Game Files of Warzone
Your warzone can show a disc read error [6.154] due to corrupted or damaged game files. To fix this you need to scan and repair the game files.
- Open the Battle.net client and launch Warzone
- Click on Options
- A pop menu will appear, select Scan and Repair
- Select Begin Scan and wait until the scanning and repairing are complete.
- Reboot the game to check if the error is fixed.
Fix 6: Run Call of Duty: Warzone as Administrator
If COD: Warzone is not running as administrator it can display a disc read error. Hence, running warzone as administrator can possibly resolve the issue. That’s how you do this.
- Open File Explorer and go to the Call of Duty Modern Warfare folder.
- Right-click the ModernWarfare.exe file.
- From the menu select Properties and head over to the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save the change.
Fix 7: Disable Game Bar and Game Mode
The game bar and game mode have the function of optimizing the game however they can sometimes also cause performance issues in the warzone. That’s why it is important to disable the game bar and game mode on your pc to fix the disc read error [6.154].
- Press Windows and I keys simultaneously on the keyboard to open Settings.
- Select Gaming
- Click Xbox Gar Bar and Turn off the option.
- Now select the Game Mode and Toggle off the option.
- Once done, Reboot your computer.
Fix 8: Disable the NVIDIA GeForce Overlay App
It is recommended that disabling the NVIDIA GeForce Experience overlay can fix the error [6.154]
- Open the NVIDIA GeForce Experience software.
- Click on the gear icon to open the Settings
- Go to the General tab
- Turn off the In-Game Overlay option.
Fix 9: Temporarily Disable Antivirus Software
A scan from a background third-party antivirus is a potential cause for the disc read error [6.154] on warzone. To prevent your antivirus from interfering with the game, you can disable it temporarily
- On your keyboard, press Win and I to open the Windows settings menu.
- Choose Update & Security option.
- Select Windows Security and click on Virus & threat protection.
- Now click Manage settings
- Now toggle off Real-time protection.
If you are using a third-party antivirus utility:
- Right-click on the system tray icon
- Select a Disable shield context menu
- Select to Temporarily disable the scanning for a few hours before you start playing Call of Duty: Warzone
Fix 10: Run a CHKDSK Scan
A corrupted hard drive and different partitions on the Windows often conflict with the warzone and its performance. Hence running a check disk scan with all the hard drives can confirm if there is an issue with the disk drives or not.
- Click on the Windows icon to open the Start menu
- Type cmd to search it.
- Now, right-click on Command Prompt from the result
- Click on Run as Administrator.
- Type chkdsk c: /r /f and press Enter.
- Now press Y and Enter to allow your hard drive to be checked when you restart your computer.
- Restart your computer and check if the error is fixed.
Fix 11: Modify Call of Duty: Warzone Installation Content
Unnecessary and unused installation content can possibly interrupt the warzone and cause a disc read error. Hence it’s better to select and uninstall the unneeded content following the steps below:
- Launch Battle.net on the PC and select Call of Duty: Warzone.
- Click on the Gear icon next to the Play button.
- Select Modify Install from the context menu.
- Click on Modify Install on the popup window.
- Now, select Warzone as a primary one and can untick the Special Ops, Campaign, Multiplayer, and Survival checkboxes,
- Now click on the Confirm button to apply.
- Reboot the PC to save the changes.
Fix 12: Reinstall Call of Duty: Warzone
If none of the methods worked for you then try uninstalling and reinstalling the Call of Duty: Warzone game on your PC
- Launch the Battle.net client on your PC.
- Select Call of Duty: Warzone from the list.
- Click on Options and select Uninstall to delete the COD Warzone game.
- Once uninstalled, Restart the computer to save the changes.
- Now open Battle.net and search for Call of Duty: Warzone.
- Click on Install and complete the installation process.
You May Also Like
- How To Fix Call Of Duty Warzone Update Won’t Install PC?
- How To Fix COD Warzone Keeps Restarting PC On Launch
- How To Fix Unable To Access Online Services Error In Warzone PS4/XBOX
- How To Fix Warzone High Ping Latency On PC
- How To Fix COD Warzone Can’t Join A Match Or Stuck Searching For Match
- How To Fix Call Of Duty Warzone Keeps Crashing On PC/PS4/XBOX