While playing the COD Vanguard game, it has been seen that players faced FPS frame drops along with lags and stuttering issues.
If you are a competitive FPS gamer then this FPS drop issue becomes quite annoying. Although lag and stuttering issues to COD vanguard are not new, players consistently reported these issues.
But Don’t worry, In this article, you will find fixes for COD Vanguard FPS drop, along with Micro-stutter and lag issues. If you are in the same boat then this guide is for you.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
How to Fix COD Vanguard FPS Drop, Lag, and Stuttering?
You might not need to try all the solutions. Simply work down the list until you hit the one that does the trick.
Fix 1. Change your Power Plan
Modifying the power plan of your PC can fix the COD Vanguard FPS drop and can boost the framerate and game performance. Here’s how you can do that:
- On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the r key) at the same time. Type or paste powercfg.cpl and press Enter.
- Select Ultimate Performance. If you don’t see this power plan, simply continue to the next step to unhide it.
- On your keyboard, press Win (the Windows logo key) and type cmd. Select Run as Administrator.
- In the command prompt, type or paste the following command and press Enter.
- If you see a prompt similar to this, return to step 2 to enable the Ultimate Performance power plan.
Now launch vanguard, and join a game to test.
Fix 2. Update your Graphics Driver
Mostly COD Vanguard FPS drops, lag, and Stuttering Issue on those PC that has outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance and fix the offline crashing on startup or while joining the game you need to update the graphics card driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 3. Close Unnecessary Tasks
- Right-click on Taskbar > Click on Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab > Click on the unnecessary task.
- Select End Task to close it.
You can do this individually for all the tasks that you don’t want to run in the background.
Fix 4. Turn on HAGs
HAG is a Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling. It is used to improve high-end GPS performance, and gamers reported that HAGs solved the stuttering issue in the vanguard. You should also need to apply this fix:
- In the empty area of your desktop, right-click and select Display settings.
- Under the Multiple displays section, click Graphics settings.
- Under the Default settings section, click Change default graphics settings.
- Turn on Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling.
Now Reboot your OC and test the gameplay in Vanguard.
Fix 5. Tweak In-game Graphics Settings
You should make sure to adjust the in-game graphics or visual settings according to your preference and PC configuration. You should lower the FPS cap limit to 30/60 to cross-check the issue.
Try to enable V-sync (Vertical Sync) from the in-game graphics settings. If you already enabled it, try disabling it and check for the FPS improvement.
Fix 6. Disable SysMain Service on Windows
SysMain is a windows 10 service that basically maintains and improves system performance. It is recommended to disable SysMain Service on the Windows PC that can increase FPS in COD Vanguard.
- Click on the Start Menu icon > Type Services and click on it from the search result.
- Now, locate the SysMain Service > Double-click on it and select Stop.
- Once the service is stopped, you can restart the PC to check if that helps or not.
If this doesn’t improve the FPS that much, make sure to enable it again.
Fix 7. Modify Config File
Many players share their experience that modifying certain values in the Vanguard configuration file shows a drastic increase in the performance and sorts out the stuttering issues as well.
- Go to This PC > Documents Call of Duty Modern Warfare > players, then open adv_options.ini with notepad.
- Change the value of RendererWorkerCount to the number of your CPU’s physical cores. Then press Ctrl+S to save the changes.
Now enter the game and test the improvement.
Fix 8. Check your Internet Connection
Poor and unstable internet connection leads to COD Vanguard FPS frame drops, lags, higher ping latency, and stuttering issues. To come out of this issue you should use the wired (ethernet) connection to fix the issue.
Fix 9. Set High Priority
You’ll need to set the COD Vanguard game at high priority to sort out FPS drops, lag, and stuttering issues.
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on More Details > Click on Details > Right-click on the Vanguard.exe file.
- Make sure to click on Set Priority and select High from the list.
Now, you can try launching the Call of Duty Vanguard game to check whether its FPS still dropping or not.
Fix 10. Disable Overlay apps
Sometimes overlays apps cause the issue that runs in the background while playing the game, you need to disable overlay apps completely.
Disable Discord Overlay:
- Open the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select Call of Duty: Vanguard.
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar > Turn off the Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game bar option.
- If in case, you’re unable to find out the Game Bar option then just search for it from the Windows Settings menu.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay:
- Open the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Head over to Settings.
- Click on the General tab > Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes.
You May Also Like
- How To Fix COD Warzone Can’t Join A Match Or Stuck Searching For Match
- How To Fix COD Vanguard Crashing on PC
- How To Fix Connection Interrupted Cod War Error
- How To Fix Warzone High Ping Latency On PC
- How To Fix Call Of Duty Warzone Keeps Crashing On PC/PS4/XBOX
- How To Fix Call Of Duty Mobile Lagging + Freezing Issue
- How To Fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Cutscenes Stuttering
- How To Fix Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Keeps Crashing on PC
- How To Fix Warzone Freezing on PC