It’s a very frustrating moment when COD Warzone keeps restarting your PC. A player reported that “My computer completely restarts when I launch warzone. The game doesn’t even open b4 this happens.”
Usually, when players launch Warzone it causes the PC to restart or PC to shut down on launching COD. This problem might occur because of PC overheating, GPU overclocking, incompatible graphics cards, software-related issues, or malware.
Mostly this issue can be resolved by simply rebooting the PC, and running the Windows cleanup utility, or DISM tool.
We have also encountered with Warzone keeps restarting issue so we have researched the most possible solution that will work for you.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Fix 1: Check if your PC is Overheating
Before trying other solutions, test for overheating by installing Core Temp or HWMonitor. These are the most reliable tool to monitor PC temperature from the system Tray.
As the computers are designed in such a way that if certain parts reach a high temperature, it automatically restarts, this is essential to prevent damage to internal parts. Try to follow the steps to prevent it computer from overheating.
- Make sure that the heat sink under the fan is providing sufficient air to cool down the processor cool.
- If your computer is heated up then shut down it completely for 30-40 minutes and then use it when the temperature is settled.
Fix 2: Keeps Everything Updated
If launching a warzone causes the PC to restart, then you must need to keep everything updated to its latest version. Check that your display driver, graphics card, Windows, and game patch are updated.
Related: How to Update Graphics Driver in Windows 10/7 [Intel/AMD]
Fix 3: Check if your PC Meets Minimum System Requirements
Make sure that your PC meets the minimum game requirement. If you are using a few years old and running decent hardware then it’s possible that PC may be straining to play COD warzone.
The minimum requirement for the game to play is given below.
- CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit (SP1) or Windows 10 64-Bit (1709 or later)
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 or AMD Radeon HD 7950
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
- SOUND CARD: Yes
- FREE DISK SPACE: 90 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB
You can also upgrade your gaming PC to the latest one if your PC hardware can’t cope with the game.
Fix 4: Runs Window Cleanup Utility
If you’re still facing the COD Warzone keeps restarting issue then you must try this fix so that your problem might resolve. Just follow the steps.
- From the Keyboard press the Windows Key and the X Key and choose PowerShell (Admin) OR START.
- Type cmd.exe into the start search box.
- Right-click on cmd.exe > select “Run as Administrator”
- Copy and Paste: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535 then Enter.
- Select all and sit back.
- It opens MS Disk Cleanup and cleans up more.
The problem of Warzone restarting the PC might be caused by a certain Windows file that this missing. Use the following steps to fix this problem. Make sure that you have created a backup System restore point.
- From the Keyboard press the Windows Key and the X Key and choose Powershell (Admin) OR for a DOS Command Prompt from START
- pe cmd.exe into the start search box.
- Right-click on cmd.exe
- Select “Run as Administrator”
- Copy/Paste: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command then Enter.
If any problem is detected then restart your PC and then try these additional steps.
- Open another Admin Command Prompt
- Run Copy/Paste SFC /SCANNOW into the Dos window or PowerShell and Enter.
- Reboot after.
Fix 5: Close the Unnecessary Background Apps
Still, your PC keeps restarting whenever you try to play Warzone. Close all background applications that are running while you play the game.
Just follow the steps so that your problem may be resolved.
- With Call Of Duty Warzone running, open Task Manager and select the Processes tab.
- Check CPU and GPU load if both columns are showing 100% usage most of the time, it’s possible that your PC may be reaching a breaking point.
- Close unnecessary applications so that only the game uses your system’s resources.
- To close an application under the Processes tab, simply highlight it and click on the End Task button at the bottom.
Fix 6: Upgrade the Hard Disk Drive
An outdated or bad HDD might be a reason for shutting down, or a sudden restart problem while playing the COD warzone. So it’s better to jump on advanced hardware so that you haven’t to deal with an issue while playing COD warzone.
Fix 7: Do a Repair Install to fix this problem
If nothing else works then do a Repair install by installing the Media Creation tool. Simply just follow the steps.
- Open tool > Choose to Upgrade now.
This will download Windows 10 or Windows 11 according to your desire while keeping files, programs, and most settings in place. This is the most stable method to advance to the latest version and solves most problems.