The Crunchyroll error code Shak-1001 is interrupting many users while watching anime series. This error pops up right either mid episodes or at the last few minutes of an episode. The error message says “Oops! something went wrong. try again. code: shak-1001.”
Users who are watching Crunchyroll on Xbox series X using Xbox app or Amazing Firestick on PS4 are complaining more about this shall error 1001. During this mega outdated a new Crunchyroll error P-DASH-27 is also reported in the XBOX app.
According to users on Reddit, the Crunchyroll Error Code Shak-1001 is believed to occur primarily on older shows that were brought over after the Funimation merger. This error is thought to be caused by a download or buffering issue that interrupts the playback.
We have compiled a list of solutions to help you resolve the Crunchyroll error code Shak-1001 if you are also experiencing it.
How To Fix Crunchyroll Error Code Shak-1001?
Until the developer officially resolves this error, apply the below-mentioned fixes.
1. Download The Episode in Offline Mode
Until the Crunchyroll support team address the Shak-1001 error, The only viable solution is to download an anime episode and watch it in offline mode.
2. Verify the Status of the Server
When you access the website and Shak error code 1001 pops up it shows that servers might have crashed as a result of too many users logging in simultaneously. Check the status of the server.
In case the server is down then there is nothing you can do except wait for servers to be online.
3. Check Your Internet Connection
Crunchyroll Error Code Shak-1001 can sometimes be related to the internet connection. An error message could appear if the Wi-Fi signal is poor.
Perform a Wi-Fi speed test on the device where you are trying to stream Crunchyroll to see whether the Wi-Fi signal is strong enough and whether the download and upload rates are fast enough to stream Crunchyroll. If not, then contact your Internet Service Provider.
4. Reset Your Router
Even with a strong Wi-Fi connection, an error may still occur. The router might need to be reset since it may have too cluttered cache data on it.
To reset the router, all you have to do is turn it off for approximately a minute to give it a chance to shut down. Restart it after that.
5. Disable Antivirus
Sometimes antivirus software interferes with the proper functioning of Crunchyroll on your computer and causes a different error like 1001. So, You can disable or remove the third-party antivirus software to fix the issue.
- To access Windows Settings, press Windows + I.
- Select Windows Security > Virus & threat protection from the Update & Security menu.
- Click Manage Settings in the right window’s “Virus & threat protection settings” section.
- Disable the “Real-time protection if off, leaving your device vulnerable” option.
6. Clear Crunchyroll Watch Queue
The Shak-1001 error on Crunchyroll may be caused by an overloaded watch queue. You can resolve this problem by clearing the Crunchyroll watch queue by following the thorough instructions below.
- Log into your Crunchyroll account at Crunchyroll.com.
- Select Queue from the Menu icon.
- Head to My Queue and click All of the shows and delete them.
- Open the Crunchyroll app on your device and navigate to My Account.
- Select the shows you wish to unsubscribe from by clicking My Lists. Click Remove from Watchlist after that.
7. Clear Browser Cache
Clearing the cache and data on your browser can help those who are having error issues using Crunchyroll through the website. Chrome is the most used browser for online streaming services like Crunchyroll, so here are simple instructions for clearing the data and cache in your browser:
- Open your browser.
- Click “More” in the upper right corner.
- A “More tools” button should be selected.
- Click on “Clear browsing data” and then choose it.
- “Delete Everything” may be selected at the top.
- Click “Cookies and other site data” next.
- Put a check in each box.
- Select Clear Data
8. Clear the Cache from the App
These simple steps can be used to remove the cache on an Android app to fix the Crunchyroll Error Code Shak-1001:
- Visit Settings.
- Then click on Apps as you go down.
- To access the Crunchyroll app, scroll down and select it.
- Select Storage.
- Click on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
9. Change the DNS Server on Your Device
Change your DNS server to Google’s or Cloudflare’s if the problem is caused by the server: as this is a handy little hack to use. On the device that you are using the Crunchyroll app or website, you may modify the DNS servers in the IP settings. You can utilize the two DNS servers provided by Google and Cloudflare.
Your device’s server has to be changed. Here’s how to go about it:
- Find your device’s IP settings.
- Select manual in DNS settings.
- Add the new DNS server details.
- Enter either 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199 for Google servers.
- Enter 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206 for Cloudflare servers.
10. Lower Video Quality
For some users, the Crunchyroll shak-1001 error was fixed after they lower the video quality. most users watch anime at 1080p so just try to lower near 480p before you start any anime episode.
11. Update the Crunchyroll App
The error code 1001 can also be resolved by updating the app. To do so, follow these simple instructions:
- Go to your device’s settings.
- Navigate to Storage.
- Open the Applications tab from there.
- Find the Crunchyroll application.
- Select “Functions“.
- Choose “Update“.
12. Reinstall the Crunchyroll App
Here’s how to fix the issue and reinstall the Crunchyroll app on your device:
- Open the Settings on the device you are using.
- Access “Storage” by clicking.
- Navigate to the apps section.
- Use the search bar to find the Crunchyroll app.
- To uninstall Crunchyroll, choose “Functions” and then “Uninstall“.
- To return to the App Store on your device.
- Install Crunchyroll.
- Open Crunchyroll and re-enter your account information.
13. Contact Crunchyroll Support
If you’re still having problems, consider browsing the Crunchyroll help page and submitting a support ticket. If the issue is too complex for average people to solve, the experts may have a greater chance of assisting you.