Cyberpunk 2077 is a top-notch game. But it is not free from gameplay issues. Players reported about the various gameplay issues, the most common issues occur due to bugs, glitches, and perennial issues. The most common issues players faced in cyberpunk 2077 are lag and stuttering while moving the camera and while driving on a PC.
We also faced the same in-game Cyberpunk 2077 lag and stuttering issue. Usually, the game stutter when moving the camera, opening the map, or while driving. At this time the Cyberpunk 2077 FPS drops drastically.
So if you are also dealing with FPS drops, stuttering, or lag issues then we have explained the possible causes and fixes that will help you.
Why Cyberpunk 2077 lag and stutter on PC?
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
There are various reasons for the cyberpunk 2077 lag and stuttering issue on PC. but the most common causes are:
- Old Graphics card
- PC does not meet the game requirement.
- Low memory (RAM) installed.
- Too many applications running in the background.
- Outdated drivers.
- Corrupted game files.
How to Fix Cyberpunk Lag and Stuttering Issues on PC?
You don’t need to try all these fixes at once. just try one by one and find what best suits you.
Fix 1. Use Launch Options
- Open your Steam client > Go to Library > Right-click on the Cyberpunk 2077.
- Select Properties > On the General tab, you’ll find Launch Options.
- Enter the launch options –fullscreen = Forces the engine to start in fullscreen mode.
Fix 2. Change Graphics Card Settings
If you are NVIDIA user, open NVIDIA’s control panel to change the settings.
- Open NVIDIA control panel.
- Click Manage 3D Settings and click Program Settings.
- Find Cyberpunk 2077. If you can’t find it in the list, you can add it.
Change the settings below:
- Monitor Tech: G-Sync (If available)
- Maximum Pre-rendered frames: 2
- Threaded optimization: On
- Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
- Texture Filtering – Quality: Performance
- Vertical sync: Off
- Low Latency Mode: Off
If you are using AMD graphics can ard, use AMD control panel to set up your card.
- Run AMD Radeon Software.
- Click on the Gaming tab > Global Graphics.
- Set your graphics to eSport.
Change the settings as below:
- Radeon Anti-Lag: Disabled
- Radeon Chill: Disabled
- Boost: Disabled
- Image Sharpening: Disabled
- Vertical Refresh: Always Off
Click Advance. Then change the following settings:
- Anti-Aliasing: Use Application settings
- Anti-aliasing Method: Multi-sampling
- Morphological Anti-Aliasing: Disabled
- Anisotropic Filtering: Disabled
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
- Surface Format Optimization: Enabled
- Tessellation Mode: Override application settings
- Maximum Tessellation Level: Off
- OpenGL Triple Buffering: Disabled
- GPU Workload: Graphics
NVIDIA and AMD released specific updates for their graphics card on Cyberpunk 2077’s launch day. you should update AMD and NVIDIA with the latest updates to boost the game performance.
Fix 3. Lower In-game Graphic Settings
Many players experienced that lowering in-game graphics settings fixed their lag and stuttering issues. If you are playing PS4 and Xbox, then give a try to this fix.
- Run Cyberpunk 2077 and go to SETTINGS.
- Go to the GAMEPLAY tab. Set Crowd Density as Low.
- Move to the Miscellaneous section, turn Enable Analytics to OFF.
- In the GRAPHICS tab. Find the Basic section and set Film Grain and Chromatic Aberration to OFF.
- Ray Tracing is the new feature in the game. DLSS is the AI-powered performance-enhancing setting that makes Ray Tracing frame rates more playable. Turn them off and see whether the lagging issue is solved or not.
- NOTE: Ray Tracing is not for the AMD cards right now.
- Back to the game and check.
Fix 4. Update Graphics Driver
Most of the time Cyberpunk 2077 lag and stuttering issues arise on those PC that has outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance and fix the offline crashing on startup or while joining the game you need to update the graphics card driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 5. Verify the Integrity of game files on steam
Sometimes corrupted and missing game files can cause in-game lag and stuttering issues. you must verify the integrity of game files on steam to mitigate this issue.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Cyberpunk 2077 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
Once done, just restart your computer.
Fix 6. Close Unnecessary Apps
While playing the game and it causes lagging issues and viewers get spikes, then you should shut down the unnecessary apps running in the background. As stream requires some CPU power, other stuff consumes less so the more power for Cyberpunk 2077.
Fix 7: Update Cyberpunk 2077
If all the above fixes do not work in your way, then you just need to update cyberpunk 2077 and install the latest patch if available. It will boost the game performance and mitigate lag and stuttering issues.