In Warhammer 40K: Darktide error 2006 is a kicked code that means you have been ousted from the server. The error code 2006 “Disconnected from Server” is the common code that players usually see whenever they try to enter any mission. Unfortunately, Fatshark devs didn’t officially announce any fix that resolves this issue.
In this article, we have explained fixes to resolve Darktide error code 2006. The fixes that we have gathered might not work still it’s a great start to getting rid of this error.
How to Fix Error Code 2006 in Warhammer 40K: Darktide
Follow the below-mentioned fixes.
1. Restart your PC and Network
The first thing you need to do is restart your PC and network at the same time. Sometimes your network faced trouble while connecting you to the servers. So restarting it might resolve the Disconnected from Server issue.
2. Check the Server Status
This game needs a stable server connection. If the server status is not stable or down then it will cause the error code 2006 “Disconnected from server” issue.
You need to check if the servers are working properly. If you find that servers are offline, you’ll have to wait until they’re restored as there’s nothing you can do on your end.
3. Use the Ethernet Cable
A wired connection is the most stable to play online games. Try to attach an ethernet cable to your PC or laptop so that you don’t get disconnected from the game.
4. Change DNS
Changing the DNS can make your internet more speedy. To change your DNS:
- Right-click the Network icon.
- Go to Network and Internet Settings.
- Choose Ethernet/Wireless.
- Select Private Network.
- Scroll down and look for DNS Server Assignment.
- Press Edit > Enable IPv4.
- Type 18.104.22.168 as your preferred DNS.
- Enter 22.214.171.124 as your alternative DNS.
- Save the settings, and you will be good to go.
5. Run Steam as an Admin
Running steam as an admin can solve the issues. There is something in the background that restrict the game. So running steam as an admin can mitigate these issues.
6. By Tweaking the Worker Threads
Worker threads are the number of threads that your CPU is currently using to run the game. You can change the worker threads to mitigate the Darktide error codes 2006.
Before starting to play, Go to Settings > Worker thread and then reduce it to at least 2 or 3.
7. Reinstall/ Repair Easy Anti-Cheat
Many players used the Easy Anti-Cheat system to fend off hacking and cheating in online multiplayer. Sometimes this system malfunctions causing 2006 errors.
Here’s how you can reinstall or repair the Easy Anti-Cheat:
- Locate the DBD folder on your device.
- Enter the ‘Easy AntiCheat’ folder in the DbD directory.
- Right-click the ‘Easy AntiCheat_Setup.exe and click ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Follow the steps to repair or reinstall the software.
- Restart your PC and launch Dead by Daylight.
8. Verify the Integrity of Game files
Corrupted and missing game files cause the error code 2006 “Disconnected from Servers” issue. You can check the integrity of game files.
- Launch Steam Client and enter your Library.
- Further, right-click on the game and select Properties.
- Navigate to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- In this way, you can able to install any missing files, and error code 2006 will also be fixed.
9. Use VPN
If the internet connection is still unstable then use the VPN to stable your server connection. In this way, you will stop getting error code 2006.
10. Deleting the Darktide file From AppData
To do this
- Press the Windows + R key and type %AppData%
- From there, double-click the Fatshark folder, find the Darktide folder and delete it.
This should re-add itself on the next launch and may fix your problem.