Dead Island 2 is a popular open-world survival horror game that offers players a thrilling experience as they try to survive in a world overrun by zombies. However, some players have reported a problem with Dead Island 2 low GPU usage while playing it. This issue can cause the game to run slowly or even crash altogether. In this article, we will discuss why this issue occurs and how to fix it.
There are several reasons we found from different tech forums that why Dead Island 2 may have low GPU usage. One of the most common causes is outdated or incorrect graphics card drivers. When the graphics card drivers are not up to date, the game may not be able to use the full power of the GPU, resulting in low GPU usage.
80% of Problems in the game occur due to Outdated GPU Drivers.
You can update drivers and enhance your PC’s performance With Just One Click. Follow 3 Simple Steps:
- Download and install Driver Easy
- Launch the app and click Start Scan to locate driver errors
- Click Update All Drivers Now to fix all errors.
How to Fix Low GPU Usage in Dead Island 2?
Before you try the below fixes we suggest you restart your game and PC also check your system requirements.
1. Update Graphics Card Drivers
The first step in fixing Dead Island 2 low GPU usage is to update the graphics card drivers. You can do this by going to the graphics card manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest drivers for your specific graphics card and:
- Open the Device Manager by typing “devmgmt.msc” in the Windows search bar.
- Locate the Graphics Card driver and right-click it.
- Click on “Update Driver” and select “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Once the update is complete, restart your computer.
Best Alternate To Update Graphics Driver
NVIDIA and AMD do release game-specific updates that you can download and install on your PC but it takes time.
Especially, if you are a newbie or you don’t have time or skills then there are chances that you might end up installing the wrong graphics drivers.
So we recommend downloading Driver Easy software on your PC. This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
We have personally used this tool on our Windows 11 PC. The most favorite part is its outstanding scanning feature. You can instantly know which PC part needs to be updated.
The Driver Easy is an N0.1 software updater tool in its field with a mega database of more than 600000 drivers. Users have been using this tool for the last 12 years to fix their PC errors.
So download Driver Easy and let it deal with all the system drivers.
2. Optimize In-Game Settings
The next step is to optimize the game’s settings. You can do this by going to the game’s graphics settings and making sure that the settings are set to the appropriate levels for your system.
- Launch Dead Islands 2.
- Go to Options.
- Go to the Display settings.
- Disable Vsync.
- Set the Maximum Framerate to Unlimited.
- Go to Advanced.
- Set the Overall Quality to Ultra.
- Save it.
- Relaunch the game.
3. Check for Bottleneck
A bottleneck occurs when one component in your system is holding back the performance of the other components. Here are the steps to check for bottlenecks:
- Open Task Manager.
- Go to the Performance Tab.
- Check CPU, RAM, and Disk Usage (If any of these components are at 100% usage, it could be a bottleneck.).
- If the GPU usage is low while playing Dead Island 2, it could be a sign of a bottleneck.
4. Set Performance Mode for GPU Driver
Setting GPU drivers in performance mode can help improve performance in Dead Island 2 by optimizing the graphics card settings for high performance.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Right-click on the desktop and select “NVIDIA Control Panel” or “AMD Radeon Settings,” depending on your graphics card.
- In the control panel, navigate to the “Manage 3D settings” or “Gaming” category.
- Find the “Power management mode” or “GPU Workload” option and set it to “Prefer maximum performance” or “Compute,” respectively.
- Save your changes and exit the control panel.
5. Switch Between Display Mode
To optimize the performance of the WWE 2K game on your PC, consider switching between fullscreen borderless and windowed bordered display modes using the in-game settings menu. This will ensure that the game files run smoothly based on your screen resolution and PC specifications. It’s worth giving it a try as some players who experienced issues were able to benefit from this solution.
6. Close Background Running Tasks
Closing background tasks can potentially improve GPU usage in Dead Island 2.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab.
- Select tasks unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources.
- Click on End Task to close it.
- Do the same steps for all unnecessary tasks.
- Once done, restart your system to apply changes.
7. Change the Graphic Option
Changing graphics options in Dead Island 2 can help improve GPU usage.
- Press Win + I to open Windows Settings.
- Go to System and then click on Display.
- Go to the Graphics.
- Select Dead Island 2 from the list and then click on Options.
- Check High performance and then click on Save.
- Relaunch the game and check for the Issue.
8. Check for Overheating
Overheating can also cause Dead Island 2 low GPU usage. Make sure that your system is properly cooled and that the fans are working correctly. You can also monitor the temperature of your GPU using third-party software.
9. Reinstall Graphic Drivers
Outdated or corrupted GPU drivers can cause various performance issues, including low GPU usage. Here are the steps to reinstall GPU drivers:
- Open Device Manager by typing “devmgmt.msc” in the Windows search bar.
- Right-click on your graphics driver and then click on Uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
- Visit the official GPU driver website, for example, AMD, Intel, or NVIDIA driver download page.
- Select your graphics card model.
- Download the driver and install it on your Windows 11 or 10 PC.
- Restart your computer.
10. Verify Dead Island 2
Repairing the Dead Island 2 game installation can potentially fix issues that are causing low GPU usage.
- Open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Go to the Library.
- Click on three dots under Dead Island 2 and click on Manage.
- Click on Verify.
- Wait for the process to complete and then check for the issue.