Numerous players have been reporting issues with their Diablo 4 characters not loading error. The instances include characters getting deleted, failing to load, and not appearing on the character select screen. There may be several underlying causes of this error, which could be contributing to the problem.
If you are experiencing the same issue with your Diablo 4 characters not loading issue, there are some potential workarounds that may be able to resolve the problem. Here are a few possible solutions:
How To Fix Diablo 4 Characters Not Loading/Showing or Working Issue?
Apply the below-mentioned fixes.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
1. Check Server Status
The “Character deleted/Not showing up” error is usually caused by server issues. It is possible that Diablo 4 servers are experiencing a high traffic load causing performance issues like disconnections, and characters not loading/not showing up errors.
You need to check the RPG’s server status. Visit the official Diablo 4 Twitter page to see if developers show concern about connection-related issues. If you see servers are down or overloaded then it is best to wait.
2. Restart Diablo 4
If the server status is active then try restarting the game. In most cases, restarting the game removes minor bugs and glitches that may create hindrances in-game performance.
3. Update the Graphic Drivers
Sometimes outdated graphics drivers can also cause issues with the game performance the Diablo 4 characters not loading error is one of them. So you need to update the graphic card drivers. Here’s how you can do it:
- Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapters category and right-click on your graphics card.
- Right-click on the display driver and select Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers and it will automatically update drivers.
- Restart your computer and launch the game to see if the problem is fixed.
Best Alternate To Update Graphics Driver
NVIDIA and AMD do release game-specific updates that you can download and install on your PC but it takes time.
Especially, if you are a newbie or you don’t have time or skills then there are chances that you might end up installing the wrong graphics drivers.
So we recommend downloading Driver Easy software on your PC. This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
We have personally used this tool on our Windows 11 PC. The most favorite part is its outstanding scanning feature. You can instantly know which PC part needs to be updated.
The Driver Easy is an N0.1 software updater tool in its field with a mega database of more than 600000 drivers. Users have been using this tool for the last 12 years to fix their PC errors.
So download Driver Easy and let it deal with all the system drivers.
4. Repair Game Files
Sometimes corrupted and missing game files can cause this issue. You need to repair the game files by:
- Open the Battle.net client on your computer.
- Head over to Library > Click on Diablo IV.
- Click on Options > Select Scan and Repair.
- Choose to Start Scan.
- Wait for the process to complete, and play the game again.
5. Clear your Game Cache
Clearing your game cache can help to fix corrupted or damaged game files. To do this, navigate to the game settings or options menu, and look for the option to clear your cache.
To clear the game cache in Battle.net, follow these steps:
- Launch the Battle.net application and click on the “Blizzard” logo in the top left corner.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Settings.”
- In the “Settings” menu, select “Game Install/Update” on the left-hand side.
- Scroll down to the “Game Settings” section and click on the game you want to clear the cache for.
- Under the “Game Install/Update” section, click the “Reset” button next to “Reset Game Folder.”
- A confirmation dialog box will appear. Click “Reset” to confirm the action.
- Wait for the cache reset process to complete.
6. Try a different server
Sometimes, server issues can cause character-loading errors. Switching to a different server may help to resolve the problem.
7. Submit a Request
If all the above fixes are not working then you can try to submit a request to Blizzard Support. The game developers will resolve the issues that players faced during beta phase.