Players complaining about the Diablo 4 full screen not working or being a broken issue. Diablo 4 is the most awaited action role-playing video game. But the full screen not working issue is causing frustration for many players due to multiple reasons.
If you are in the same boat, then this article is for you. We have gathered troubleshooting tips from different forums. You can apply then if you want to get rid of the Diablo 4 full-screen not working issue.
How to Fix If Diablo 4 Full Screen Not Working or Broken Issue
Apply the below-mentioned fixes according to your case.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
1. Run Your Game in Windowed mode
You can locate the configuration file in the game installation folder, you just need to set it to run in windowed mode. Sometimes changing the config.ini file display resolution mode from auto to manual using Notepad can fix this issue.
You can also change the borderless mode in the Battle.net launcher, follow these steps:
- Launch Battle.net and click on the game you want to play.
- Click on Options under the game title.
- In the General tab, look for the Display Mode option.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select Borderless Windowed.
- Click on Done to save the changes.
2. Set Display Scaling to 100%
Players reported that display scaling to 100% does magic for them. For this apply the following steps:
- Open the Settings app and go to System > Display.
- Find the Change the size of text, apps, and other items and set it to 100%.
- You might experience signing out of your account and then signing back in after changing the display scaling. Now Check if your game is working fine.
3. Change your Main Screen
If you are using a dual monitor setup then you might face the Diablo 4 full screen not opening error. You can fix the problem by changing your display settings.
- Right-click on your Desktop and choose Display settings from the menu.
- When the Display settings window opens, you should see two monitors labeled with numbers.
- In the Display settings window, click Identity. A number should appear on your screen.
- Now in Display settings set the monitor with the same number you got as the main monitor.
- Save the changes and try running the games on fullscreen.
4. Change Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to Manage 3D settings > Global settings.
- Change Preferred graphics processor from Auto-select to High-Performance Nvidia processor.
- Click on Apply to save the changes and try running games in fullscreen mode.
If you own both integrated and dedicated graphics you might need to change a few Nvidia Control Panel settings to fix this issue.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to Display > Adjust desktop size and position.
- Locate the scaling option and set it to No scaling and click on Apply to save changes.
5. Use the Compatibility Mode
Another method to fix Diablo 4 full screen not working or broken issue is to run the game in compatibility mode. Many players experienced this fix on Reddit and this worked for them. Here’s how you can apply this fix:
- Locate the problematic application, right-click it, and choose Properties from the menu.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for an option. Now select the desired version of Windows, then click on Apply and OK to save changes.
- After enabling compatibility mode, try to run your game in full screen and check if it working now.
6. Run the Game as an Administrator
Run the game’s exe file as an administrator to prevent privilege issues with user account control. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, Go to the location where the shortcut file of Diablo IV exe is saved.
- Now, Right click on the file.
- Click on the Properties option.
- After that, Go to the compatibility tab.
- You will see an option to Run this program as an administrator.
- Lastly, click on Ok and Apply to save the changes.
7. Update the Game
If running the game as an administrator does not mitigate this issue then it is possible that the game files are corrupted and outdated. You need to update the game.
Here’s how you can update Diablo 4 to resolve full-screen and screen-broken issues:
- To update the Diablo IV game, open the Blizzard Battle.net app
- Select Diablo IV from the left-hand menu and then click the Update icon.
- The Blizzard Battle.net app will then check for updates and download any new versions of the game.
8. Disable G-Syn & V sync
If you have G-Sync or V- Syns enabled then we recommend you disable it to resolve the Diablo 4 full screen. Many users reported that disabling G-syn & V-Syn resolves the full screen and Broken screen issues. So give a try to this fix.
9- Disable Teamviewer
If you are using TeamViewer (A remote assistance application that allows you to control any other PC remotely). You need to disable it in order to fix the Diablo 4 full screen and Broken issue.
TeamViewer is the best application to control a PC remotely but sometimes it interferes with games. So try to disable it.
10. Disable Overlays Applications
Some overlay applications have been known to cause Blizzard games to cause full-screen broken issues. To fix this issue, try disabling the overlay apps like Airfoil, Dxtory, MSI Afterburner, RadeonPro, XFire, Discord, and many more are a few examples of overlay apps that might be problematic.
Once you disabled it, now check if the Diablo 4 full-screen or broken issue is resolved. If not then try the below fix.
11. Restore your Taskbar to the Default Position
Users reported that restoring the taskbar to default positions helps to mitigate this problem. Here’s how you can apply this fix:
- Press the Windows Key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
- Now navigate to the Personalization section.
- From the menu on the left select Taskbar. Now in the right pane, enable Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode option.
12. Reinstall the Diablo IV
If all the above fixes are not working for you then try reinstalling the game to fix this issue. By applying this fix all the issues get resolved because when you reinstall the game you get all the new files.
- Uninstall the Diablo IV.
- Delete all the files of the game from your PC.
- Now, wait for some time and then reinstall the game.
- After applying this fix now check if your issue is resolved.