Players have been reporting that they are experiencing issues with their Diablo 4 inventory not loading or loading slowly. This problem has been causing a lot of frustration for players, as it makes it difficult to play the game and can even cause the game to crash.
There are several factors that could be contributing to this issue, with an unstable internet connection, outdated drivers, unnecessary background programs running, and using 32-bit clients being some of the most common reasons.
If you are dealing with Diablo 4 inventory not loading issue then don’t worry. In this article, you will find our favorite troubleshooting tips to fix this error.
How To Fix Diablo 4 Inventory Not Loading or Loading Slowly?
1. Check the Diablo 4 Server Status
It’s worth noting that the Diablo 4 Inventory Not Loading or Loading slowly issue may be caused by server problems. When the Diablo 4 servers experience a high volume of traffic, it can lead to significant performance problems such as disconnections, characters not loading, and not showing up errors.
You need to check the RPG’s server status by visiting the official Diablo 4 Twitter page to see if developers show concerned about connection-related issues. If you see servers are down or overloaded then it is best to wait.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
In case the server is live then it is best to check your internet connection if it’s stable or not. One of the main causes of the Diablo 4 inventory not loading is the unstable internet connection.
Open the Network and Internet settings in Windows > Click on Network Status > Click on Diagnose button > Through this you will get to know about errors that needed to be resolved.
3. Restart Modem and Router
Restarting your router will fix the network glitches that cause the Diablo 4 inventory not loading error. Here’s how you can restart the modem and router:
- Turn off the router and modem
- Remove all the plugs.
- Wait for a minute or two and plug them back in.
- Turn on your router and modem.
- Now connect your computer to the network.
4. Lower Graphics Settings
Many players on Reddit reported that lowering the graphics settings help them to fix the inventory loading issue. Lowering the graphics settings can also help you to free up resources. Here’s how you can apply this fix:
- Open Video Settings in the game by pressing Esc Key while playing
- Now reduce the graphics settings from the lowest possible level
5. Switch to a 64-bit Client
Many players have tested this fix and now they are not facing the Diablo 4 inventory not loading issue anymore.
Here’s how you can switch to a 64-bit client
- Open the game launcher by double clicking on the game icon located on your desktop.
- Click on the “Options” button in the launcher’s bottom left-hand corner.
- Navigate to “Game Settings” by clicking on the tab labeled “Game Settings” located at the top of the options window.
- Look for an option that says “Launch 32-bit client” and uncheck it. This will disable the 32-bit client and enable the 64-bit client.
- Click “Done” to save the changes and exit the options window.
6. Update Your Drivers
Sometimes outdated graphics drivers can cause multiple issues with the game launching. So you need to update the graphic card drivers. Here’s how you can do it:
- Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapters category and right-click on your graphics card.
- Right-click on the display driver and select Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers and it will automatically update drivers.
- Restart your computer and launch the game to see if the problem is fixed.
Best Alternative to Update Drivers
Although each manufacturer has its own official site to download drivers it takes time.
Especially, if you are a newbie or you don’t have time or skills then there are chances that you might end up installing the wrong drivers.
So we recommend downloading Driver Easy software on your PC. This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
We have personally used this tool on our Windows 11 PC. The most favorite part is its outstanding scanning feature. You can instantly know which PC part needs to be updated.
The Driver Easy is an N0.1 software updater tool in its field with a mega database of more than 600000 drivers. Users have been using this tool for the last 12 years to fix their PC errors.
So download Driver Easy and let it deal with all the system drivers.
7. Close Unwanted Programs
Close all the other programs that are running in the background. For this
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
- Look at the list of running programs
- Select Optimizing System Performance
- Select all the running programs and click the End Task button.
8. Optimize System Performance
Sometimes poor system performance can cause Diablo 4 inventory slow loading issues. You need to optimize your system performance. This includes updating your operating system, optimizing your hard drive, upgrading your hardware components, and disabling startup programs.
9. Disable Third-Party Interferences
Sometimes antivirus software conflicts with your game files and leads to inventory loading issues in Diablo 4. We recommend you temporarily disable your antivirus software or whitelist the gams executable file to prevent any conflicts.
10. Reinstall the Game
If you have tried all the above fixes and the issue of Diablo 4 inventory not loading or loading slowly still persists, you may need to reinstall the game.
Here’s how you can reinstall the game:
- Open the Battle.net app and click on the Diablo 4 game icon.
- Click on the “Options” dropdown and select “Uninstall Game.”
- Follow the prompts to completely uninstall the game.
- Once the game is uninstalled, restart your computer.
- Delete all the game files from your PC.
- Now reinstall the game.