When the Discord mobile app is stuck on connecting to WiFi or mobile data you won’t be able to start the app. If you are facing discord says connecting forever issue and you are stuck in a connecting screen loop.
Don’t worry, in most cases, discord app stuck on connecting issues arises due to network issues, DNS/Firewall settings, third-party antivirus software, proxy servers, VPN, or corrupted app data.
Here in this article, we have compiled a list of tested fixes that will help you get past the Discord connecting screen.
How to Fix Discord Mobile Stuck On Connecting Error
Here’s what you can do whenever the Discord mobile app gets stuck on the connecting screen on your android or iPhone devices.
Fix 1. Check Discord Status on Social Media
Before you dig deep see if other Discord users are also dealing with this problem. Try searching Twitter or Reddit or you can also check Discord’s status page for the latest updates.
If the server is down then the problem lies on their side. All you can do is wait till the issue is resolved.
Fix 2. Reboot your Mobile and Router
If the server status is OK then there might be an issue with your Android/iPhone device. Try to restart your mobile and see if the Discord stuck-on connecting issue is resolved.
At the same time if you are connecting to Discord on mobile using the WiFi or Mobile data, restart them just to rule out any doubts.
Fix 3. Install Pending Updates
- Open the Play Store and tap on your Profile icon.
- Select Manage apps and devices.
- Now click on Updates available
- Navigate to Discord and tap the Update button next to it.
- If multiple updates are available, you can install them by clicking on the Update all button.
To check for new firmware updates on your device go to Settings and click Software update. Wait for the phone to check for new updates and follow the onscreen instructions to proceed.
Fix 4. Turn off VPN
If you are using VPN on your iPhone or Android devices, then temporarily turn it off to fix the discord connection issue.
- Go to the Settings
- Head over to Connections (Network & Internet)
- Click on More connection settings
- Go to VPN and turn off the VPN switch.
Fix 5: Clear Cache and Residual Data on Discord.
Clearing out the cache and residual data from the Discord app can fix the stuck discord mobile app. So here’s how you can do this.
- Open Discord
- On the App info screen, tap on Storage.
- To clear temporary files from the Discord app, tap Clear cache.
- To remove all temporary app data including any corrupted data that might have caused in-app glitches, tap Clear data.
- Tap OK on the pop-up menu to confirm your action.
Fix 6. Discord Web
In case non of the above fixes works for you and you keep dealing with Discord mobile stuck on connecting screen then try the Discord web version.
If even that doesn’t work then it’s something from Discord’s end and they may already be working on a fix.