Several Disney plus users claim that when they try to stream their favorite shows via the app, they receive the error code 39 which reads
“We’re sorry, but we cannot play the video you requested. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Disney+ Support (Error Code 39)“.
The Disney plus error code 39 is commonly seen on a wide range of devices, including PCs, TVs, Android, iOS, and more, but Xbox One is the device where this error code shows more frequently.
So in this post, you will learn how to fix error code 39 on XBOX consoles. Before that, it’s best to understand what this error means.
What Does Disney Plus Error Code 39 Mean?
Disney Plus Error Code 39, which is frequently caused by an issue with digital rights management. If you receive an error code 39, it usually means that your streaming device is unable to establish the secure connection that the streaming service requires. As a result, you cannot watch your favorite show on Disney plus.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 39 on Xbox Consoles?
There are a variety of ways to fix Disney Plus Error Code 39. If you encounter this error on your Xbox, try closing the app and stopping the streaming.
If you’re using the Windows 10 Xbox app, connect your Xbox One to your computer and try restarting both the Disney Plus app and your Xbox One.
You can also try the additional methods listed below to resolve Disney Plus Problem Code 39.
1. Try to Reload the Video
Sometimes, an error code may occur due to a chance event while playing a video. To fix this error, try refreshing or reloading the video to restart playing. If this doesn’t work, move on to the next fix.
2. Use Different Streaming Devices
Disney Plus Error 39 can occur on various devices, including when streaming directly from a smart TV. However, it’s most commonly encountered while watching Disney Plus on an Xbox One gaming device.
If you experience this error, try switching to another streaming device to see if it resolves the issue. If you’re able to stream successfully from a different device, then the Xbox One that produced the error code is likely at fault.
3. Use a Different HDMI Port or Change the Cable
To troubleshoot Disney Plus Error Code 39, try changing the HDMI port on your TV using the streaming device that produced the error. Test each port to see if any of them are working. If one of the ports works, it indicates that a successful handshake occurred on that port. Keep the streaming device connected to the working port to ensure smooth functioning.
If changing the HDMI port doesn’t work, try using another HDMI cable if available. Consider using a high-quality, functioning HDMI 2.1 cable that isn’t too long. Once you have a working cable, keep it plugged in and use it to stream content.
4. Remove any installed video capture devices
If you use video capture devices to broadcast games or record movies and encounter Disney Plus Error Code 39, try unplugging and removing the connections of these devices. Some of these devices may cause Disney Plus to malfunction, resulting in the error code.
5. Log Out of Disney Plus Account From Other Devices
You could have too many devices logged in. Try to watch the movie on one Disney Plus-enabled device while logging out of other PC, gaming consoles, smartphones, and tablets.
6. Reinstall the Disney Plus
To troubleshoot Disney Plus Error Code 39, try removing the Disney+ app from your streaming device and restarting it. Then, reinstall the Disney+ app to see if the issue is resolved. Additionally, you can check for errors by downloading a free trial of Disney+.
As a new subscriber, you’re eligible for a free trial of Disney Plus, so you don’t need to worry about how to acquire one.
- Click the Xbox button to get the instructions for uninstalling the app.
- Click the Ready to install option after choosing My games & apps > See all > Games.
- Choose Queue.
- Choose Disney plus.
- Press your controller’s Menu button.
- Choose Manage app or Manage game & add-ons.
- Choose the app.
- Choose Uninstall all.
- To confirm, choose to Uninstall all.
- Open the instructions by pressing the Xbox button.
- Choose Apps from the My games & apps > See all menu.
- The Ready to Install tab should be chosen.
- Choose Install.
7. Shut Down your PC Xbox Streaming App
If you’ve been using the Windows 10 Xbox app then connect your Xbox One to your Computer, close the application, and stop streaming to fix Error Code 39 Disney Plus Xbox.
To resolve Disney + support Error Code 39 Xbox One, follow these instructions:
- Close the Disney Plus application.
- Disconnect your Xbox One from the Windows 10 Xbox app.
- Start your Xbox up again.
- On your Xbox, reinstall the Disney plus app.
- Error Code 39 should disappear once you stop streaming from your Xbox One to your Computer.
8. Reset the Factory Settings on your Xbox
While watching the top movies on Disney Plus, error code 39 may display. To watch Disney Plus, you may restore your Xbox to its default settings.
To reset and resolve Disney Plus Error Code 39 on Xbox One, follow these steps:
- Verify that Disney Plus works with the same television and HDMI connection when connected to a different streaming device, such as a Roku or Fire TV.
- Restore the Xbox One to factory settings if this occurs, making carefully choosing “Reset and keep my games & apps” to avoid data loss.
- When the reset process is finished, it might be required to delete and then reinstall the Disney Plus app.