Are you looking for ways to download apps on your Vizio TV without the V button? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. This blog post will show you five methods to do just that. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Can You Download/Sideload More Apps on a Vizio Smart TV?
Is it possible to download or sideload apps on Vizio smart tv?
The answer is yes, but there are a few things you need to know before you can do so.
Does Vizio allow sideloading more apps? Yes, it does! You can download apps from HubdeTelechargement as they have quite a big inventory.
However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind before you sideload any apps on your Vizio TV.
Download Apps On Vizio TV Without V Button
Here are five methods to download or sideload apps on your Vizio TV without the V button!
Using the Vizio Internet Apps (VIA) Plus Platform
If your Vizio TV has the Vizio Internet Apps (VIA) Plus platform, you can download apps directly to your Vizio TV without using a V Button remote. The VIA platform gives you access to more than 180 channels and over 20,000 movies and TV shows.
To download apps on your Vizio TV using the VIA platform, your TV must have a stable internet connection. To check if your Vizio TV is connected to the internet, go to the Menu and select Network. If you see a green check mark next to Wired or Wireless, your Vizio TV is connected to the internet.
Once you have verified that your Vizio TV is connected to the internet, follow these steps to download apps:
- Press the V button on your remote control to open the VIA menu.
- Navigate to the App Store and select it.
- Select the app you want to download and then select Download.
- Once the app has been downloaded, select Launch App to start using it.
Sideload Apps to Your Vizio Smart TV
If your Vizio smart TV doesn’t have a stable wireless connection or the app store is not accessible, you can sideload apps to your TV. Sideloading means installing an app from a third-party source other than the official app store.
There are several ways to sideload apps on Vizio TV. You can use a flash drive, an SD card, or a USB thumb drive. The method you use will depend on the type of Vizio TV you have and the apps you want to install.
Here are five methods you can use to sideload apps on your Vizio TV:
Method 1: Use a Flash Drive
You can use a flash drive if you have an unstable internet connection or want to sideload apps onto your Vizio TV without using the V Button. This method is also helpful if you’re trying to download apps unavailable in your country’s app store.
To sideload apps onto your Vizio TV using a flash drive, you will need:
- A flash drive with a minimum capacity of 8GB and a maximum capacity of 64GB
- A PC or laptop with a USB port
- A Vizio TV that supports USB ports
- A stable internet connection (optional)
Once you have all of the above items, follow the steps below:
- Connect the flash drive to your PC or laptop.
- On your PC or laptop, open an internet browser and go to the website from which you want to download the app. For example, if you want to download Netflix, go to www.netflix.com.
- Find the app you want to download on the website and click the link. For example, click on the “Download for Windows” button for Netflix.
- When prompted, select “Save As” and choose the location as your flash drive. For example, E:\Netflix App\NetflixSetup.exe
- Once the download is complete, unplug the flash drive from your PC or laptop and insert it into one of the USB ports on your Vizio TV.
Method 2: Use an SD Card
If your Vizio TV has an SD card slot, you can use an SD card to sideload apps. To do this, you need to download the APK file for the app you want to install and save it to the SD card. Then, insert the SD card into the TV and open the file.
Cast Streaming Services from your PC to your Vizio TV
To Cast Streaming Services from your PC to your Vizio TV, you will need to download an app on your computer or laptop. The app will allow you to control the content played on your Vizio TV. You can choose several apps, but we recommend using the V Cast app because it is designed explicitly for Vizio TVs.
Once you have downloaded the V Cast app, open it and click on the “V” button in the top left corner. Then, click on the “Cast” button in the top right corner. A list of available devices will appear, and you should select your Vizio TV from the list. If prompted, enter the code that appears on your TV screen.
Once connected, you can browse for content on your computer or laptop and cast it on your Vizio TV. To do this, click on the “cast” icon in the V Cast app and select your Vizio TV from the list of available devices. The content will automatically start playing on your TV.
Streaming Apps from an iOS Device to your Vizio TV Using AirPlay
Before beginning, please ensure that your iOS device and your Vizio TV are connected to the same WiFi network. Once you have done so, simply follow the steps below:
- On your iOS device, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center.
- Tap the “AirPlay” button.
- Select your Vizio TV from the list of available devices.
- Tap “Mirroring” to begin streaming.
- That’s it! Your iOS device’s screen will now be visible on your Vizio TV.
You can use a few methods to add apps to Vizio TV without using the V button. You can use the app store on your Vizio TV, download apps using a computer and transfer them to your Vizio TV, or use an external storage device to add apps to your Vizio TV.
The best way to add apps to Vizio TV without using the V button is to download them from the app store on your Vizio TV. This method is quick and easy; you can find many apps in the app store.
If you want to add more specialized or niche apps to your Vizio TV, you can download them from a computer and transfer them to your Vizio TV. This method requires a bit more work but is still relatively simple.
You can also use an external storage device, like a USB flash drive, to add apps to Vizio TV. This is a good option if you have a lot of apps that you want to add to your Vizio TV.
No matter which method you choose, adding apps to Vizio TV without using the V button is straightforward.