DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine is a common error that gamers experienced while trying to play the games. Usually, the error message occurred when the system does not have the proper Direct3D Hardware feature level which is needed by the game engine.
Many gamers complained when they try to launch the game then dx11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine error on windows PC popups on the screen and players are unable to play the game.
If you also encountered the same issue and are in search of quick fixes, then you are in the right place. Below are the quickest and easiest fixes.
How to fix the error DX11 feature level 10.0 required to run the engine on a windows PC?
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Below are the fixes that you can try. you don’t need to try them all, just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you
Fix 1. Install the latest patch
As many technical problems can be mitigated by restarting. Firstly, you should restart your computer and your game.
Game developers always used to keep releasing patches to improve their games and fix issues that occurred in-game. You should keep checking the updates of your game on steam or from the official website.
Install the latest patch if available and this will mitigate the issue.
Fix 2. Update your graphics card driver
Most of the time DX11 Feature Level 10.0 is Required to Run the Engine Error arises on Windows PC that has outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance and fix the offline crashing on startup or while joining the game you need to update the graphics card driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 3. Install the latest DirectX
As you get error message: DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine, then you need to install the latest DirectX in your windows to support the game
Here’s how you can check the new DirectX version:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, to start the Run box.
- Type dxdiag and click OK.
- You can see the DirectX Version under the System tab.
- You can check the feature levels by clicking Display.
- While you’re in the Display tab, make sure DirectDraw Acceleration, Direct3D Acceleration, and AGP Texture Acceleration are enabled.
How do you update DirectX and the feature level?
You can install the latest DirectX on your computer for Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1, by updating your Windows to the latest version. For Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, You need to install an Update package to install the latest DirectX on your computer.
For more detail, you can go to the Microsoft website and get information about how to install the latest version of DirectX for different versions of windows
After installing the latest windows update or update package, you need to restart your computer and see if the error mitigates.
You need to make sure that you must meet the requirements of the feature level displayed in the DirectX Diagnostic tool. If don’t meet the requirement or they are blank, then there are two possible reasons:
- Your graphics card doesn’t support the required Feature Level. In that case, you should double check that with the manufacturer, or buy another graphics card that supports Feature Level 10.0; or
- Your graphics card driver has an issue, or may be missing or outdated. In that case, you should update your graphics card driver
Fix 4. Update Windows
Many users experienced that updating the window resolve their issue. so you need to check the windows updates and if available then install the latest available updates. After updating windows, restart your computer and relaunch your game.
Fix 5. Install update KB2670838 for Windows 7 users
If you are experiencing this problem on your windows 7 operating system, then install the KB2670838 update. Here’s how you can install the update:
- Go to Microsoft website
- Download and install the update
- Restart your computer
- Now check if the DX11 feature level 10.0 error issue mitigates.
Fix 6. Run the application with a dedicated GPU
Try running the application with a dedicated graphics card will help to resolve your issues.
Here’s how you can apply this fix:
- Press Windows Key + X > Power User Menu opens > from the list select Device Manager
- Now expand the Display adapters > right-click on Built-in Intel graphics adapter > click on Disable device.
- Your Windows screen will go black for just a second this means Windows is switching the Graphics card to a dedicated card.
- But if you wish to re-enable the built-in graphics > repeat the above steps > and click on Enable device.