Dying Light 2, the highly anticipated sequel to the popular zombie survival game, has finally arrived. However, for some players, the excitement of diving into the multiplayer experience has been marred by technical difficulties.
Reports of Dying Light 2 multiplayer not working on various platforms such as PC, PS4, and Xbox have been flooding forums and social media channels. Whether it’s the inability to connect to friends, encountering server issues, or even experiencing problems with cutscenes, players are understandably frustrated.
In this article, we will delve into the potential causes of these multiplayer issues and provide you with effective solutions to get your Dying Light 2 multiplayer up and running smoothly, ensuring that you can enjoy the game with friends and fellow survivors without any hindrances.
How to Fix Dying Light 2 Multiplayer Not Working on PC, PS4 & XBOX?
If you are also haunted by Dying Light 2 Multiplayer not working issue, then apply these solutions.
1. Restart the System
Before jumping to another fix, Firstly you need to restart the system. Restarting the system mostly fixes minor bugs, glitches, and cache that cause the game not to work.
2. Finish the Game Prologue
According to the official page of Techland, the players first need to complete the prologue so they can unlock the cooperative play. The prologue acts as an introductory path for the player to understand the game, There are three story quests in the prologue are:
- Pilgrim’s Path
- Markers of Plague
- Getting Stronger
The players can able to join after completing the markers of plague. Now if you completing the preliminary modes and still facing the disconnecting issue on Daylight 2 then move to the next fix.
3. Restarting the Game
As you restart the system, restarting the game also works. If you are on PC, then click on “Quit” within the menu and then select “Yes” to complete the process. Now wait for some time and then relaunch the game.
4. Check the Game’s Server Status
The Dying Light 2 Multiplayer not working issue can also occur due to server unavailability. Sometimes developers shutdowns the servers for maintenance. The high traffic load can also cause significant performance problems like disconnections between servers and clients. It’s necessary to check the official Dying Light 2 server status through its official Twitter page.
If you play the game through Steam then Steam does a weekly scheduled network maintenance test on Tuesday between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. PDT.
5. Optimize the Game’s Network Settings
The Dying Light 2 Multiplayer not working issue can be caused by an unstable internet connection. So You need to optimize the network settings and restart your router to mitigate this issue.
- Open the game menus and click System.
- Click the Network tab on the top and then it will switch to the Network settings panel.
- Click Launch Setting and then click the pointing arrow behind Launch Setting to select Play Online.
- Unplug the internet router from the wall socket.
- Hold the Power button on the back of your router for about 15 seconds until the router is turned off completely.
- Then wait for about 5 to 10 minutes, plug the router back into the socket, and press the Power button to restart it.
6. Create a Party before Opening Dying Light 2
Players suggested that creating a party before launching Dying Light can help them to fix this issue. As Dying Light 2 does not support cross-platforms so you cannot play with friends using different platforms. So we recommend you add yourself in party mode before launching the game.
7. Install the Day One Patch
Developers fixed all the bugs in one package named Day One Patch, so users can install it easily. In case you have not installed it, then we recommend you install it now. Follow the below steps to install Day One Patch:
- First, save the game progress and close the game.
- Restart the Steam console.
- Check your Steam library if the automatic update for Dying Light 2 has begun. If not, you can click on the install button for manual installation.
8- Verify the Integrity of Game Files
Sometimes missing and corrupted game files can also cause the multiplayer not working issue. So we recommend you verify the integrity of game files through Steam. So in this way, the corrupted game files can be replaced accordingly. You can apply this fix by following the below steps:
- On the Steam interface, head over to the LIBRARY tab.
- Locate the Dying Light 2 game, right-click it, and choose the Properties option.
- Switch to the LOCAL FILES tab and then click the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES option.
9. Sync Date and Time
To resolve Dying Light 2 multiplayer issues on PC, PS4, and Xbox, it’s important to ensure that your computer’s date and time settings are in sync with the internet time. This is because when you attempt to send requests to the game server, your computer’s date and time are utilized. Therefore, if they are not accurately synchronized, problems may arise.
Follow these steps:
- First, open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key + I on your keyboard.
- On the Settings app, switch to the Time & Language tab on the left-hand side.
- Then, make your way to the Date & Time section.
- There, enable the Set time automatically slider.
- Also, ensure the correct Time zone is selected from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, click on the Sync Now button under Additional Settings.
- Once you do that, play Dying Light 2 again and see if the issue persists.
10. Disable Third-Party Interferences
Sometimes antivirus software conflicts with your game files and leads to the Game’s multiplayer not working issues. We recommend you temporarily disable your antivirus software or whitelist the gams executable file to prevent any conflicts.
11. Disable VPN
If you are using VPN to hide or change your server location then it’s recommended to uninstall the VPN. While using VPNs can be useful for gaming, they can also lower internet speed and lower game performance.
Therefore, to mitigate the game not working issue we recommend you Disable or uninstall VPN.
12- Re-install the Game
If all the above fixes are not working then we suggest you reinstall the game. Reinstalling fixed all the software-related glitches. So you need to reinstall the game from the official Steam client.