Even the latest game patch didn’t fix Elden Ring stuttering on PC? Well, the Reddit users are still arguing and complaining that Elden ring is Stuttering and huge FPS drops while playing the game.
Especially in an open world or fighting bosses the framerate drastically decreases causing lags and poor performance. In our earlier we have already covered Elden Ring Crashing on PC, Elden Ring Not Launching.
In this post, we have explained the best tips and tricks to fix Elden Ring stuttering on PC.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- What are the system requirements to play Elden Ring?
- How to fix Elden Ring stuttering on PC and fps drop issue
What are the system requirements to play Elden Ring?
Before applying the below-mentioned fixes it’s advisable to check your PC specs. Do your current PC hardware support Elden Ring. In most cases, the game stutters on PC or FPS drops when you have insufficient hardware. You should upgrade your gaming PC.
|OS||Windows 10 (64-bit)||Windows 10 (64-bit)|
|CPU||Intel i5 8400/Ryzen 3 3300X||Intel i7 8700K, or Ryzen 5 3600X|
|RAM||12 GB||12 GB|
|GPU||Geforce GTX 1060 or Radeon RX 580||Geforce GTX 1070 8GB or AMD Vega 56 8 GB|
|HDD||60 GB||60 GB|
How to fix Elden Ring stuttering on PC and fps drop issue
Apply the below-mentioned fixes to resolve Elden Ring stuttering on PC. Don’t apply all of them just work your way down the list until you find the right fix.
Fix 1. Adjust your graphics card settings
Although, developers have released a game patch to fix Elden Ring stuttering. There are still players who claim that instead of fixing the Elden ring FPS drops, the issue is worsened.
If you have the latest build i.e. RTX 3090, Core i9-10900K, or GeForce GTA 1080 Ti and the issue persists then try to optimize graphics settings.
If you are using NVIDIA Control Panel then change these settings.
- Click Manage 3D Settings.
- Under Global Settings, set Shader Cache Size to Unlimited.
- Click Apply.
- Click the Program Settings tab on the same screen, then click Add.
- Add the game from recently used programs, or add it manually by clicking Browse (installation hard drive/Steam/steamapps/common/Elden Ring/Game/eldenring.exe)
- Set Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance.
- Set Max Frame Rate to 59 fps.
- Click Apply.
If you are using AMD Radeon Software change these settings
- Click Settings and select the Graphics tab.
- Click Advanced and set Frame Rate Target Control to 59 fps.
- If you don’t see Frame Rate Target Control, select Radeon Chill and set the Max fps to 59 fps.
- Scroll down and select Reset Shader Cache.
- Click Apply.
Setting a manual FPS limit will help you fix stuttering in loading zones. In the open world, you will see a little in FPS drop but it will be minor.
Fix 2. Update your graphics card
The Elden Ring stuttering on PC occurs when you are playing the game with outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. You should update graphics drivers to fix Elden Ring FPS drop issue.
Each graphics card manufacturing company releases game-specific drivers you can install them from NVIDIA, AMD sites manually.
However, if you don’t have proper skills or time then we recommend you to download Driver Easy on your PC. It’s any advanced driver updater software for Windows 10, Windows 11.
When you download and install Driver Easy on your PC, run it. In a couple of seconds, it will present you with a list of outdated drivers. You need is to press the Update All button and this tool will automatically update your PC’s outdated drivers.
You can give it a try by downloading Driver Easy Trial Version for Windows PC.
Fix 3. Verify game file
The corrupted or misplaced game files can also trigger Elden Ring Stuttering on PC. You should verify the game file using the Steam client. During this process, Steam will scan any corrupted game file while replacing it.
Follow these steps to verify the integrity of Elden Ring:
- Launch your Steam client and select the Library tab.
- Right-click Elden Ring from the game list and click Properties.
- Select LOCAL FILES and click Verify integrity of game files.
Fix 4. Disable Steam overlay
Players use an in-game or steam overlay to increase the game’s performance. In most cases effects are adverse, if you have also enabled Steam overlay then disable it to fix Elden Ring Stuttering on PC.
Follow these steps to disable Steam overlay:
- Open Steam and click Library.
- From the game list, right-click Elden Ring and select Properties.
- With in General tab untick Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
Now restart the game and see if the FPS drops and stuttering is fixed.
Fix 5. Disable Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator
Some players have also claimed that disabling the Microsoft association root enumerator fixed the Elden Ring stuttering on PC. You should also apply this fix, if it does not work then you can again enable it.
Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo key + R to invoke the Run command.
- Now type in devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Double-click Software devices to open the category.
- Right-click Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator and click Disable device.
Fix 6. Disable control flow guard
Disabling this feature can give Elden Ring a boost and optimize its performance. However, it may also put you at risk if you do it globally.
Here is how to disable the control flow guard for eldenring.exe
- Open Virus & threat protection.
- Go to Apps & browser control.
- Click on Exploit Protection Settings and toggle Program Settings.
- Click the plus icon Add program to customize and choose Add by program name.
- Paste Eldenring.exe and scroll on the new window to find Control flow guard (CFG).
- Here check the Override system settings.
- Click Apply and then Yes.