Many users used Epic game launcher as an alternative to steam. Epic game launcher is compatible with Windows 10/8/7. It gets famous among the users that they can play the game free on PC.
But when gamers try to install the Epic Game launcher, it won’t allow them to proceed with the process and Epic game launcher Setup Wizard Ended Prematurely.
I used to play on this computer I built a year ago, then I went to PS4 for a while. When I tried to play, this error came up, and I reinstalled etc. What could possibly be the error?
If you also encountered the Epic Game launcher won’t install the issue. Then don’t worry below are some troubleshooting steps that you can use to fix this issue easily and quickly.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why is Epic Game Launcher Won’t Install?
Many players reported issues like the Epic launcher not functioning, not opening, or flickering. This could be caused by many reasons but some specific reasons are listed below:
- Cache has been tampered with
- Epic launcher is being blocked by antivirus software
- Epic games launcher is out of date or corrupted
- Epic Games is experiencing a server outage
- Outdated Graphics Driver
How To Fix Epic Game Launcher Won’t Install [Setup Wizard End Prematurely]?
You don’t need to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick
Fix 1. Deleted the files that say paradox:
This fix helps you to mitigate the Epic game launcher Setup Wizard End Prematurely. Here’s how you can go for this fix:
- Go on both program files and program files (x86)
- Deleted the files that say paradox
- Deleted the epic games ones permanently
Then downloaded it.
Fix 2. Delete the Web Cache Folder
The Epic game launcher not working issue can be caused by the corrupted cache that is related to the launcher. Many users reported that after deleting the Web Cache folder they are able to fix this issue. You should also give it a stroke of luck.
- Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to bring up the Run dialog box. Then type in %localappdata% and press Enter
- Find Epic Games Launcher folder and open it. Then delete the Web Cache folder.
- Now Reboot the Epic games launcher
Fix 3. Change Epic Games Launcher Property
Some users shared experienced that after changing the property they are able to fix this issue. You should also give it a try.
- Right-click the Epic Games Launcher shortcut on your desktop and then select Properties from the context menu.
- Right Click Epic Games Launcher and Select Properties to Change Shortcut Path.
- Switch to the Shortcut tab. Then locate the Target field and add -OpenGL to the end of the path file.
- After adding it, the line of words should look like this: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe” –OpenGL
- Click OK and Apply to allow the change.
Fix 4. Put an end to the Epic Games Launcher Process
You should do this fix by closing the epic game launcher process to resolve the problem. Follow the below steps to complete the epic game launcher process:
- Right-click on the taskbar and choose Task Manager from the menu
- Now go to the process tab and go through the list for the epic game launcher process
- End the epic games launcher process by right-clicking on it
Now open the Epic Games Launcher to verify whether the problem has been resolved on your computer
Fix 5. Update Graphics Driver
Mostly Epic game launcher won’t install on those PC that has outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance and fix the offline crashing on startup or while joining the game you need to update the graphics card driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly
Fix 6. Disable Antivirus or Security Software
Epic game launcher sometimes stops working due to the computer’s antivirus. If you installed any antivirus program then it might restrict access to the Epic game launcher following the update. You just need to turn off your computer’s antivirus software.
- To access the Windows settings, press Windows+I
- Update and security in the open
- Click Windows Security on the left side of the screen
- Virus and threat protection should be double-clicked
- Now choose Manage Settings from the drop-down menu
- Turn off real-time protection now
Fix 7. Reinstall Epic Games Launcher
If the above fixes do not work then reinstall the Epic Games launcher on your computer. Here’s how you can apply this fix
- Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to bring up the Run dialog box
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Programs and Features window
- Find Epic Games Launcher in the list and right-click on it to select Uninstall. Then follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher application
- Reboot your computer. Then download Epic Games Launcher from the Internet and install it on your PC.