While playing F1 2021 FPS drops that lead to in-game lag and stuttering. Well F1 2021 FPS drops, stuttering, frame rate drop, micro stutter, and performance-related problem are quite common.
The F1 2021 FPS problem starts with a micro stutter on tracks, it converts into the worst heavy stutter during demanding seems.
At this point, you see a sudden drop in framerate causing the game impossible to play at all. Mostly it’s the F1 2021 FPS drops problem linked with system requirements that your PC is unable to meet.
However, wrong in-game graphics settings, Overlay tools, playing games using wireless controllers, outdated graphics cards, and GPU monitoring tools are also reported to cause F1 2021 stuttering.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Check System Requirements of F1 2021
Before you download F1 2021 on your PC you should check its system requirements. If you PC meet them you won’t face any performance-related issues.
How To Fix F1 2021 FPS Drops on PC
You don’t have to apply all the fixes just work your way down until you found the right fix that resolves FPS drops and stuttering problems while playing F1 2021.
Fix 1. Optimize In-Game Graphics Settings To Reduce Stuttering
Most users on Reddit forums complained about F1 2021 framerate drop and stuttering issues. Simply changing in-game settings can increase FPS.
Here’s what you need to change:
- Run F1 2021 on PC
- Go into Settings > Graphics Options > Video mode.
- Enable V-sync.
- At the same time disable SSRT Shadows
- Also, Activate CS Geometry Culling
- Select Display Mode to Fullscreen
- Frame Rate Limit: Off
- Anti-aliasing: Off
- HDR: Off
Now run the F1 2021 on PC to see if the FPS drops issue persists.
Fix 2. Force Steam To Run Game in DirectX Mode
DirectX 11 is the most stable version that every game requires to show graphics. Sometimes Steam won’t run the game in DirectX mode because modern games have ray tracing features.
In such a case, you need to force the steam launcher to run the game in DirectX 11 mode. Follow these steps:
- Run Steam.
- Go to Library.
- Right-click on F1 2021 and select Properties.
- In the GENERAL tab, you will find LAUNCH OPTIONS.
- Enter -force-dx11 and press OK.
- Now, launch the game.
If adding this launch option doesn’t increase FPS count in F1 2021 then remove these commands.
Fix 3. Try Using a Wired Controller
A class of users complained that they see F1 2021 stuttering or lagging issues in online gaming sessions.
If you have your console connected to WiFi then there are chances that communication will lag between the controller and the system leading to stuttering.
We recommend that you disconnect WiFi and use the Wired USB cable. It works most of the time.
Fix 4. Disable Steam, Discord, and GeForce Experience Overlays
An overlay does increase gaming performance but at the same time, they are also the cause of F1 2021 FPS drops and stuttering problems.
If you have Steam, Discord, or GeForce overlay running on your PC then disable it and then play the game.
Fix 5. Change NVIDIA Settings
Where the F1 2021 FPS drops issues persist and you have NVIDIA Control Panel. Change these settings to boost framerate drops issue:
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel and Expand 3D Settings and click on Adjust image settings with preview.
- Check to Use my preference emphasizing: Quality.
- Drag the bar to Performance (there are three options Performance – Balanced – Quality)
- Click on Apply to implement the changes
- Next, go to the Manage 3D settings under 3D Settings
- Click on Program Settings and select F1 2021 (if the game is not in the drop-down list, click Add, browse and add the game)
- Under 2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program: choose a High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- Under 3. Specify the settings for this program, set Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance and Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames to 1.
Fix 6. Change AMD Radeon Settings
Launch the AMD Radeon Settings > Gaming > Global Settings. Make the following changes to the settings:
- Anti-aliasing mode Override application settings
- Anti-aliasing level 2X
- Anisotropic Filtering Mode On
- Anisotropic Filtering Level 2X
- Texture Filtering Quality Performance
- Wait for Vertical Refresh Always off
- Tessellation Mode Override application settings
- Maximum Tessellation Level 32x
Fix 7. Disable background recording and Xbox Game Bar
This program interferes with the smooth performance of PC games so you need to disable this feature. Follow these steps:
- Press Win + I to open Settings.
- Click on Gaming and turn off XBOX Game Bar.
Fix 8. Update your graphics driver
Most of the time it’s the outdated graphics card drivers that cause F1 2021 FPS drops issue. If you also have the old GPU drivers on your PC then you need to update them.
There are two methods to update GPU on PC i.e. Manually and Automatically.
Automatic: To cut short the easiest way to update the graphics cards is to download Driver Easy software. It is a professional device driver updater software for Windows PC.
Driver Easy has a strong algorithm that quickly scans the outdated drivers and then installs the latest version from their official sites.
Fix 9. Install the Latest Game Patch
Every game gets regular updates in the shape of game patches from its developer. These patches help to improve performance-related issues.
If you are dealing with F1 2021 FPS drops issues then make sure that you have installed the latest game patch.
If you are running F1 2021 via Steam, it will automatically detect and install the latest game patch.