Facebook users are facing a problem that Facebook dating not working or showing on their iPhone and Android devices. This feature is unavailable hence preventing them to encounter new people with similar interests within their region. Users are not able to use this social network dating due to some glitches that greyed out options. The most common problem that the users face are:
- Facebook Dating is not showing up in the Facebook app or in the menu.
- Facebook Dating won’t load.
- The Facebook app keeps crashing.
- Photos and other features don’t show up in the app.
- Facebook Dating notifications don’t appear on your home screen.
Usually, an unstable internet connection can cause Facebook dating is not loading/work and you can fix it by reconnecting or restarting. You can also turn off your router for 2 to 3 minutes and turn it on again. If you are using mobile data turn on the Airplane mode for 10 seconds and then switch it off. You can also try restarting your device.
If this method did not work, then you can try some other methods to fix this Facebook dating not working or showing an issue. To know these methods, you can read this article. If one method does not work you can try the next one.
Causes of Facebook Dating Not Working or Showing Up
The most probable reasons why Facebook dating is unavailable are that:
- The Facebook app needs to be updated.
- Facebook Dating is down for everyone.
- There might be age restrictions.
- You have notifications blocked.
- There are problems with your internet connection.
- Your mobile device’s cache data is corrupted.
Best Solutions to Fix Facebook Dating not Working or Showing on iPhone & Android
Facebook Dating Feature Availability
The unavailability of the Facebook dating feature in your region can be the first cause of this problem because it was first launched in Colombia and later in some other countries.
You can also use VPN to bypass the region restriction and fix the facebook dating is unavailable problem.
List of Countries Where Facebook Dating App is Available?
There are a total of 46 countries where this dating feature is fully available.
Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, Guyana, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Laos, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Philippines, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Suriname, Singapore, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vietnam.
Facebook Dating Server is Down
Is Facebook Dating down? User all across the would would face the same issue if the Facebook dating app server is down. You can visit the website Downdetector to check the current status of the Facebook server.
All you can is to wait till the server get online again.
Check your WiFi Connection to Fix Facebook Not Showing Up
A poor and unstable internet connection can lead to Facebook Dating Not loading problem. to fix the issue make sure:
- You have restarted your WiFi router.
- Turn on Airplane mode for 5 seconds and then turn it off.
- Use mobile data.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider.
- update your mobile device.
Restart your Facebook App
Restarting your Facebook can fix the Facebook dating not working problem. To restart the Facebook Dating app on iPhone and Android devices read the instructions below:
How to restart Facebook Dating app on iPhone?
- Using your finger, swipe up from the bottom at your phone’s homepage.
- All the recently used apps on your screen will appear.
- Swipe the Facebook app up by taping it to close.
- Then go to the Facebook app again to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
How to restart Facebook Dating app on Android?
- Click on the small box icon on your phone’s home screen that is used to open all the used apps and find the Facebook app from the given apps.
- Swipe it right from your finger to close it.
- Now open this app again to see if the issue is resolved or not.
Update your Facebook App
If you are not using the updated version of the Facebook app, you will face this issue. Thus, to update the Facebook app, read the steps below:
How to update your Facebook App on iPhone
- Find the App Store on your phone and open its home page.
- From the top right corner, click on your “Profile” icon.
- Here, you find all the updates on outdated apps.
- Tap on the “Update” option of Facebook to install its latest version.
How to update your Facebook App on Android?
- Find Play Store on your phone and open it.
- Open your profile menu and then select the option “Manage Apps and Updates.”
- To check all the updates of the outdated apps, select the option “Updates“
- Click on the “Update” option if you find the pending update on Facebook.
Turn On Location Services
As Facebook uses location for suggestions to show people with similar interests using Facebook in your region. So, turning on the location is a must. You can use the following steps to turn on the location:
How to turn on location services on Android?
• Click on the Gear icon and go to the phone’s Settings.
• Choose Applications and then find Facebook.
• Under Permissions, click on Location.
• Select the option ON and check if the Facebook dating not working issue is fixed or not.
How to turn on location services on iPhone?
- Go to Settings and search Facebook by typing it in the search bar
- Tap on Facebook and then tap on Location
- Choose either “While Using” or “Always Allow” according to your preference.
Enable Facebook App Notification
Maybe your Facebook App Notifications are disabled that causing you to face the issues of Facebook dating not working, here are the steps that how you can turn them on:
How to enable Facebook app notification on Android?
• Tap on Settings then select Apps & Notification option.
• Then select the Facebook app and toggle ON the notification.
• And see if the Facebook dating app not working issue is fixed
How to enable Facebook app notification on iPhone?
- Go to Settings of your phone and Search for Facebook.
- Then tap on Notifications.
- Then toggle Allow Notifications according to your preference.
Clear Facebook Cache
Most of the time, the app caches data can negatively impact the performance of your app causing this issue. To clear the Facebook cache on your easily, read the below instructions:
How to clear the Facebook app cache on Android?
- Go to the phone’s “Settings” and open its menu.
- Choose “Apps” from the displayed options.
- Then select “Manage Apps” and then tap on “Facebook.”
- Click on its “Storage” option and then select “Clear Cache.”
- Facebook cache on your phone is removed.
How to clear the Facebook app cache on my iPhone?
- Open the Facebook app and click on the three stacked lines in the bottom-right corner.
- Then tap on the “Settings & Privacy” option.
- A drop-down menu will pop up with new options then tap on “Settings.”
- Tap on “Browser” by scrolling down
- Click on “Clear Browsing Data.”
- And that’s it, your Facebook cache is cleared.
Uninstall and Reinstall Facebook App
Another suitable solution for Facebook Dating not working is deleting and reinstalling Facebook. It allows you to remove hidden glitches effectively. To do so use the following instructions:
How to remove an app on iPhone?
- Tap on the Facebook app and hold until you see the small menu of “Options.”
- Select the option “Remove App” to uninstall it.
- Now go to the App Store and type Facebook in the search bar and then click on the “Cloud” icon to download it again.
How to remove an app on Android?
- Tap on the Facebook app and hold until the option “Uninstall” appears then on it to uninstall the app.
- After the uninstallation, go to the Play Store and type Facebook in the search bar and tap on “Install” to download it again.
If none of the above methods worked then you can go to Facebook help and request to get help by explaining your problem.
How to Activate Facebook Dating?
To activate Facebook dating you need your existing account plus you must be 18 r older. FB Dating uses the current profiles to gather information and recommend potential matches.
Follow these steps to get started using Facebook Dating:
- Open the Facebook app and tap Menu (three lines) in the upper or lower-right corner.
- Tap the heart icon to access Dating.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to build a tempting FB dating profile. You will need to share your location, and upload a photo.
- You will see a notification in the Dating section if someone like your profile.
How to Delete a Facebook Dating Profile?
To delete your FB Dating profile you don’t need to delete your main account. If you do that all your information in the main profile and dating profile will be removed.
To delete your dating profile, get into the Dating section and follow these steps:
- Tap the gear on the screen where Facebook suggests profiles to access the settings.
- Tap the General tab.
- Tap Delete Profile.
- Optionally, select a reason for quitting Facebook Dating, or tap Skip. Tap Next to finalize your Facebook Dating profile deletion.
Once you delete your Facebook Dating profile, you have to wait another seven days before making a new one.