Lately, reports are coming from Assassin’s Creed Valhalla crashing on startup or while playing the game for 5 minutes. Players complain that AC Valhalla crashes without any error. Sometimes crashes occur when the game is at the loading portion while you can move your character. Here we have the best solution to fix this issue.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is an action role-playing game by Ubisoft that features stunning gameplay and better graphics. It is very popular among the gaming community. Reviewers have praised Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on Steam but many players report constant crashes or Black screen issues.
If you also encountered these issues then don’t worry we have gathered several fixes that will help you to get rid of these crashing issues.
Why Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Crashing?
There are not any specific reasons that can cause the game to crash. It occurs for many reasons. Through research, some most common causes are listed below.
- Incompatible PC configuration
- Outdated game patch
- Corrupted game files
- Unnecessary background tasks
- Older DirectX version
- Overclocked CPU/GPU
- Antivirus Program-related issues
What are the System Requirements to Play Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on PC?
Before moving to any fixes, must check the system requirements that suit to run AC Valhalla:
|Minimum Configuration – Low preset 1080p 30 FPS
|Recommended Configuration – High preset 1080p 30 FPS
|Processor (AMD / INTEL)
|Ryzen 3 1200 – 3.1 GHz / i5-4460 – 3.2 GHz
|Ryzen 5 1600 – 3.2 GHz / i7-4790 – 3.6 GHz
|8 GB (Dual-channel mode)
|8 GB (Dual-channel mode)
|AMD R9 380 – 4GB / GeForce GTX 960 4GB
|AMD RX 570 – 8GB / GeForce GTX 1060 – 6GB
|Windows 10 (64-bit only)
|Windows 10 (64-bit only)
How Do I Fix Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Crashing on PC
If the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla crashes every 5 minutes then you need to change the .ini file located in the game folder and reset the value for Window Mode. Follow these steps.
- Go to the location of your AC Valhalla download. Mine is in Documents/Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. As soon as you open that, you should see two folders and one file: cache, file_cache, and ACValhalla.ini, respectively.
- Open the .ini file and scroll down until you see WindowMode=2 (18th line). Change the 2 to 1, or to 1 to 2 accordingly. Don’t change anything else in the window settings there.
- Save the file and close.
Now launch the game. It may crash the first or second time you load it after this. So you should restart your computer and the game will work fine after that.
How to fix Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Crashing Issues?
You don’t need to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick
Fix 1. Verify the game integrity:
The Assassin’s Creed Valhalla crashing occurs at clicking “New Game” might happens when there’s an integrity issue with your game files. Follow the below steps to repair the corrupted or missing game files:
- Open your UBISOFT CONNECT client.
- Navigate to the Games tab and move your mouse cursor to the game tile of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Then click the downward triangle on the lower-right corner of the game tile
- Select Verify files. Then wait for the checking to complete.
- Now you can launch Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and check if it crashes again.
If this fix does not give you luck, move to the next fix below
Fix 2. Install all Windows updates
Glitches might occur due to the pending system updates. Keeping your system up to date could help you to overcome game crashing issues. Here’s how you can check windows updates manually:
- On your keyboard, press Win+I to open the Windows Settings app. Click Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates. Windows will automatically download and install all the available updates. This might take up to an hour depending on your Internet speed.
- Once you’ve fully updated your system, restart your PC and check if Assassin’s Creed Valhalla becomes stable.
Still, the crash occurs then give a try to the next fix below
Fix 3. Update your graphics driver
Most of the time Assassin’s Creed Valhalla crashing on startup issue occurs on those PC that has outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance and fix the offline crashing on startup or while joining the game you need to update the graphics card driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 4. Lower in-game graphics settings
AC Valhalla offers in-depth customization options. This means that you can adjust your game settings to maximize your hardware and game performance. However, new games are generally buggy. So you need to lower your graphic settings from the options before crashes. Here’s how:
- Open Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and go to Options Menu.
- Navigate to the Graphics tab. Turn off or set every option to Low.
- Continue your game and check if it crashes again
If this fix failed, come to the next fix below
Fix 5. Disable peripherals
Some Pro-players used Perphirals (Controllers) that are more comfortable than mice and keyboards. Peripherals certainly make gaming more enjoyable. But they create compatibility issue and leads the game to crash.
So you need to disable peripherals and try returning to the classic mouse and keyboard bundle. Now check if this fix helps you, if not then try the next fix below
Fix 6. Run the game as an administrator
You can fix Assassin’s Creed Valhalla crashing on startup on PC by giving the privilege to the game and setting the game priority higher via task manager. Here’s how you can do this:
- Right-click on the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
If this fix does not help you, then try the next fix below
Fix 7. Set High Priority in Task Manager
Make your game the priority in the higher segment through the task manager to tell your windows system to run the game smoothly.
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla game task.
- Select Set Priority to High.
- Close Task Manager.
Now check if the game runs smoothly or if it still crashes. if yes, then move to the next fix below
Fix 8. Reinstall Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
According to some players, they found the potential fix of doing a clean reinstallation of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. If the above fixes do not help you to fix the game then try this fix, this will surely help to mitigate the game crashing issue.
Fix 9. Disabling forced randomization
To fix the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla crashing on PC you should check if the forced randomization of ASLR exploit protection settings are disabled or not.
Many players have fixed the crashing issues on Windows 10 PC by following these steps.
- Go to Windows Security > App & Browser Control > Exploit protection settings >Add a custom program > chose exact path > disable Forced Randomization ASLR.