Call of Duty: Warzone is a widely popular battle royal video game released for Windows PC, PlayStation 4/5, and Xbox One. However, many complaints have been received that Call of Duty Warzone keeps crashing. If you have come here with a complaint and to find a solution to this problem then you are in the right place as we have multiple solutions which you can try to overcome this issue and enjoy your game.
Firstly, we will understand why Call of Duty: Warzone keeps crashing and then we will undergo possible solutions to resolve the issue.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why Call of Duty: Warzone Keeps Crashing?
- Console encounters temporary glitch:
Sometimes if your XBOX console is buggy or has been left running for a long time then the game may crash. XBOX console if is not frequently refreshed crashes. However, this can easily be overcome by rebooting it.
- Pending game updates:
If any of the game updates are pending then the game might crash. So if it happens in the middle of the game then you may go to the menu to check if any update is pending.
- Outdated system software
- Incompatible DirectX
- Overheated XBOX
- Outdated graphics card driver
- Corrupted game files
Ways to Fix Call of Duty: Warzone Crashing on PC?
Fix 1. Restart PC/Game Console
By restarting your PC or game console, the temporary glitch and system cache can be solved.
- For a Windows PC, go to the Start menu and click on the Power icon, and select Restart.
Fix 2. Update the game
The developers send game patches every then and now to fix bugs and crashes. If your game keeps crashing try to install the latest game patches. For this
- Go to Battle.net launcher and browse Warzone
- Click on the Gear icon and select Check for Updates
Fix 3. Update Graphic Card Driver
Outdated graphic card drivers can cause the Warzone to crash. Here are the steps to update your graphic card driver from the device manager.
- Go to the Device manager
- Select Display Adapters
- Right Click on the display adapters and select Update Driver
- A window will pop up. Click on Search Automatically for Drivers. Now, your system will automatically download and install the latest drivers.
Fix 4. Update Windows
- Open Search. Type Windows Update Settings and press Enter
- On the right press Check for updates
- Windows will automatically check for updates. Install them.
- You might need to restart the system by the end of it.
Fix 5. Check for Malware
Any virus or malware in your system can also crash Call on Duty: Warzone. You can install any of the antiviruses to scan your system as well as use built-in security Windows security software i.e Windows Security.
- Go to the Start menu or search for Windows Security
- Go to Virus and threat protection.
- Select Scan Options.
- Select Full Scan and tap on Scan. Your system will undergo the scan. This process will take some time.
- Once the scan is complete. Go back to the Scan Options.
- Select Microsoft Defender Offline Scan and press Scan now. This will scan your system in offline mode. Your system will restart several times in the process
Fix 6. Change In-game Graphic Settings
You can also lower your graphic settings or disable V-sync or set textures for the smooth running of the game
Fix 7. Delete Certain files
You can delete the below-listed files to fix this Warzone crashing
Location: Go to File Explorer > Documents > Call of Duty Modern Warfare > players.
|File: All the files inside the main folder.|
Location: The main folder is in the Call of Duty: Warzone Installation directory.
|File: Everything inside the NV_Cache folder.|
Location: ProgramData > Nvidia Corporation > NV_Cache
|File: The Folder named Blizzard Entertainment|
Location: You can find the folder in ProgramData.
Now follow the following steps to repair the game
- Open Battle.net launcher and select Call of Duty Warzone.
- Go to the Options. Press Scan and Repair then tap on Begin Scan.
Fix 8. Switch to DirectX 11
If Call of Duty: Warzone crashes with a specific DirectX error you can switch to the DirectX 11 version. It might resolve the issue.
- Open Blizzard Battle.net launcher and log in to your account.
- Go to Call of Duty: Warzone from the left vertical menu.
- Go to the Options and click on Game Settings
- Select Additional command-line arguments and enter -d3d11.
- Click Done.
Fix 9. Expand the Virtual Memory
If there is not enough virtual memory, source demanding applications like Warzone crash. Here are some steps to expand your virtual memory.
- Press Win + E to open the File Explorer
- Right-click This PC and select Properties.
- Click on the Advanced system settings
- Go to the Advanced tab
- Click on the Settings button under the Performance section.
- Go to the Advanced tab. Click on Change in the Virtual memory box.
- Un selects the box next to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Select the C drive from the listed drives, and then select Custom size
- Enter the initial size and maximum size depending on the amount of your RAM.
- Click on OK to apply the change.
Ways to Fix Call of Duty: Warzone Crashing on PS4/XBOX?
Fix 1. Restart your system/ Game Console
- PS4 console: Unplug all power supply cables. Press the Power button to restart
- Xbox One console: To open Settings click on the Gear icon and then tap on Restart console to continue. You can also restart Xbox One by pressing the Power button until it shuts down.
Fix 2. Update System Software
- On the Home screen of PS4, press the Up on D-pad to enter the Function menu.
- Then go to the Settings icon and press the X on the console to open it.
- In the Settings window, select the System Software Update option and press the X button again.
- Select the System Software Update and press the X button again.
- Read the System Software License Agreement, and click on Accept and press the X button to confirm. PS4 will prepare the installation of the system software update.
- Click the Home button at the center of your controller.
- Select Settings and then System.
- Select Updates & downloads. All the available updates will be listed under Console info, install them.
Fix 3. Check Hardware Issues
Call of Duty: Warzone crashing can occur due to hardware issues as well. Check if there is a crack, scratch, or dirt on the disc. Wipe the game disc with a clean and soft microfiber cloth and insert it into your console.
XBOX/PS4 can overheat if it’s not getting good ventilation or has other hardware damage. To avoid overheating, place the console in a cool and airy place that’s away from a direct source of heat.
- Click on Settings on the Home screen
- Navigate to Storage and then to System Storage.
- Select Saved Data, and then select the game and press Option.
- Click on Delete, and then choose the files you want to delete.
- Select Delete to confirm.
- Go to the Settings.
- Click on System and then on Storage.
- Select Manage Storage and click View contents.
- Go to the relevant game. Press the Menu button then tap on Manage game
- Select Saved data, and then select COD Warzone.
Now, go to the Options and Delete the files.