Are you stuck with Epic Games Launcher running in the background and you can’t close it? When you run any game you see this error “Epic Games Launcher is currently running. Please close it before continuing”.
The LS-0018: Application is still running error can occur in two situations i.e. when trying to uninstall Epic Launcher or playing the game. In both cases, you will see this message that the app or game is still running.
You can’t be able to uninstall the launcher or play the game unless you close it. In this article, you will get to know how to fix the Epic Games Launcher currently running error.
How To Fix Epic Games Launcher is Currently Running Issue?
Follow the below fixes.
1. End Epic Game Launcher through Task Manager
- Open the task manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL on your keyboard.
- Once the task manager is opened, you need to find “EpicGamesLauncher”.
- Right-click “EpicGamesLauncher” to open the menu.
- You will find multiple options including “Expand”, “Switch to”, “End task”, and more.
- To uninstall the Epic Games Launcher, You need to end its task first.
- To do so, click on “End task” to end the task for the launcher.
- Now close the Epic Games Launcher from the taskbar.
- To do so, click on the arrow on the Windows taskbar.
- You will find the arrow at the right of the Windows taskbar.
- Now you can see the applications that are running in the background once you click on the arrow.
- One of the applications will be the Epic Games Launcher.
- To close it, right-click the launcher and click on “Exit” to close it.
2. Uninstall the Epic Games Launcher
You can also uninstall the Epic Games Launcher to get rid of the currently running issue.
- Simply, open the control panel on your computer using the Windows Search bar.
- Now you tap the programs with uninstall the programs written under it.
- Now, go for the epic games launcher. Tap on it and hit the uninstall button that appears.
- You will receive a confirmation regarding the uninstallation process; tap on yes to continue.
3. Re-download and Install the Epic Games Launcher
To overcome this issue you need to download and Reinstall the Epic Games Launcher.
- Simply go to the browser and head over to the website.
- Now you will find the download epic games launcher option, tap on the option. This process might take a couple of minutes depending on your internet speed.
- Double-click on the setup installer after the successful download.
- After following this process, the software will get re-installed on your computer.
4. Update the Epic Games Launcher
Check for any updates to the launcher and install them. This can often fix bugs and other issues that may be causing the error.
5. Disable Antivirus Software Temporarily
If your antivirus software is blocking the launcher, try disabling it temporarily to see if that resolves the issue.