Genshin impact Keeps crashing on your PC or it crashes on startup when you try to play the game.
Many Genshin impact players have complained on Reddit that while playing the game, it crashes making it unplayable.
if you are also dealing with Genshin impact keeps crashing on PC then we have fixes that will 100% work for you.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Why does Genshin Impact keep crashing
How to fix Genshing Impact keeps crashing on PC
- Fix 1. Make sure your specs meet the requirements
- Fix 2. Run Genshin Impact as administrator
- Fix 3. Update your graphics driver
- Fix 4. Perform a Clean boot
- Fix 5. Install all Windows updates
- Fix 6.Change in-game resolution
- Fix 7. Lower in-game graphics settings
- Fix 8. Run Genshin Impact on another GPU
- Fix 9. Check for corrupted system files
Why does Genshin Impact keep crashing
Reasons for Genshin impact crashes varies however after researching multiple forums, we can say that these are the common causes that can cause crashing issues on PC.
- Your PC doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements for running the game.
- The game lacks administrative privileges.
- The in-game resolution has been set improperly,
- The in-game graphics settings have been set too high.
- Your graphics card driver might be corrupted or outdated.
- There are corrupted game files.
How to fix Genshing Impact keeps crashing on PC
You don’t need to apply all of the fixes at once. Just work your way down the list until you find the right solution.
Fix 1. Make sure your specs meet the requirements
Most of the time the Genshin impact keeps crashing issue occurs on PC that doesn’t meet the recommended system requirement.
Before applying the below fixes it’s advisable that you check your PC hardware. if it supports then move on to the next fixes. In case your PC doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements then you need to upgrade your gaming PC.
|Operating system||Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, or Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel Core i5 or equivalent|
|Memory||8 GB RAM|
|Graphics card||NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 1030 and higher|
|Storage||Please reserve 30 GB of space|
Fix 2. Run Genshin Impact as administrator
If you aren’t playing Genshin impact as administrator it may crash due to lack of certain privileges. So follow these steps to run it as an administrator:
- Go to your installation path of Genshin Impact, then navigate to Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game.
- Right-click GenshinImpact.exe and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab. Under the Settings section, check the boxes next to Disable fullscreen optimizations (if you’re on Windows 10) and Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Fix 3. Update your graphics driver
Genshin impact keeps crashing issue arises on Windows 10 and 11 PC because of the outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance you need to update the graphics driver. There are two methods to update graphics cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit NVIDIA/AMD sites and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 4. Perform a Clean boot
Some users complained that conflicted programs cause constant crashes. If you have system tuning software on your PC (e.g. Razer Synapse or MSI Afterburner) you should be extra careful. To check in your case you should do a Clean boot by following these steps:
- On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the r key) at the same time to invoke the Run box. Type or paste MSConfig and click OK
- In the pop-up window, navigate to the Services tab and check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services.
- Uncheck all the services EXCEPT those belong to your hardware manufacturers, such as Realtek, AMD, NVIDIA, Logitech and Intel. Then click OK to apply the changes.
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl, Shift and Esc at the same time to open Task Manager, then navigate to the Startup tab.
- One at a time, select any programs you suspect might be interfering, and click Disable
- Restart your PC.
- Once done, restart Genshin and see if it crashes again. If not, repeat these steps but disable half of the services to root out the offenders.
If this trick doesn’t work for you, check out the next one below.
Fix 5. Install all Windows updates
Windows updates boost the system stability and can solve the software issues in your system. To overcome the Genshin Impact keeps crashing, here are the following steps you can install on windows 10 or 7:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I (the i key) at the same time to open the Windows Settings app. Click Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates. It might take up to an hour for Windows to download and install available updates.
- To make sure you’ve installed all the system updates, repeat these steps until it prompts “You’re up to date” when you click Check for updates again.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key. Select Control Panel.
- Select System and Security.
- Click Windows Update.
- Click Install updates. It’ll take a while (up to 1 hour) for Windows to install all the updates.
After installing all the system updates, restart your PC and test the gameplay with Genshin Impact.
If this method doesn’t solve your case, simply check out the next one.
Fix 6.Change in-game resolution
Genshin Impact keeps crashing can reduced by changing the game resolution to 720p. This will ease the pressure on your GPU.
Here’s how you can fix Genship impact keeps crashing by changing in-game resolution
- Launch Genshin Impact. Press Esc during gameplay and click the gear icon from the left.
- From the left menu, select Graphics. Change the settings of Display Mode to 1280×720 Windowed.
- Continue your game and see if it stops crashing.
Fix 7. Lower in-game graphics settings
Sometimes there is graphics incompatibility and new games tend to be buggy. Lowering in-game graphics settings can help to fix Genshin Impact on keeps crashing.
So if you don’t bother playing on low graphics settings, you can apply them.
Fix 8. Run Genshin Impact on another GPU
If your computer has more than one graphics card (e.g. PC/laptops with built-in CPU graphics plus an additional AMD or NVIDIA graphics card), you can try to run Genshin Impact on another GPU.
Before doing so, make sure all your graphics drivers are up-to-date. (You can go back to Fix 3 above for detailed instructions.)
So here’s the solution of changing the preferred GPU from an NVIDIA graphics card to the Intel HD graphics on Windows 10:
- At the empty area of your desktop, right-click and select Display settings.
- Under the Multiple displays section, click Graphics settings.
- Click Browse to specify the file location of the Genshin Impact launcher.
- Click Options.
- Select Power saving and click Save.
- Now you can launch Genshin Impact and see if it stops crashing.
Fix 9. Check for corrupted system files
After applying these fixes, if still Genshin Impact Keeps Crashing then try Scanning windows and see if it’s a system issue. you can follow the Fix 5 to scan manually. But if you don’t have time then you can give Restoro a try. It’s a professional window repair tool. It gives you entirely fresh system components with just one click.
Here’s how you can install to fix Genship Impact Keeps Crashing:
- Download and install Restoro
- Open Restoro. It will run a free scan of your PC and give you a detailed report of your PC status.
- Once finished, you’ll see a report showing all the issues. To fix all the issues automatically, click START REPAIR (You’ll need to purchase the full version. It comes with a 60-day Money-Back Guarantee so you can refund anytime if Restoro doesn’t fix your problem).