Are you dealing with Halo Infinite Black Screen on startup, while playing multiplayer/campaign, or after cutscenes where all you see are black bars and dots. Don’t worry you can fix this issue.
Halo Infinite is an exciting first-person shooter game released for PC, XBOX, and PS5. Halo infinite multiplayer beta is avaialale now which you can download on your PC. This game offers stunning graphics and high performance that why some players may experience errors when playing it.
Many players have reported that they are dealing with Halo Infinite black screen with a small circle in the bottom left corner when they launch the game. After a while, the game crashes. If you also encountered the same issues while playing the game then don’t worry.
We found all the possible fixes. You just need to read this article till the end to get the fixes that best suits you.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why I’m Seeing Halo Infinite Black Screen While playing?
There could be various causes of halo infinite balck screen issuse while playing. We have searched from multiple platforms and some of the common causes are below:
- Outdated graphics driver
- Corrupt game files
- Conflicting software that you might have installed on your PC
- Antivirus software blocking the game from launch
- Unnecessary background tasks
What are the Halo Infinite Requirements To Play on PC
Before diving into any fixes, must check the system requirements that suit to run halo infinite.
|System Requirements||Minimum System Requirements||Recommended System Requirements|
|OS||Windows 10 RS5 x64||Windows 10 19H2 x64|
|Processor||AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel i5-4440||AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel i7-9700k|
|Graphics||AMD RX 570 or Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti||Radeon RX 5700 XT or Nvidia RTX 2070|
|Memory||8 GB RAM||16 GB RAM|
After ensuring that your PC is good enough to run the game, then look at the fixes below.
How to fix Halo Infinite Black Screen Issues?
You don’t need to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick
Fix 1. Check for Windows Updates
Sometimes the pending windows updates can also become a reason of black screen issue. So to ensure your game runs properly, you have to need to download and install the latest Windows updates.
Here’s how you can:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time to open the Windows Settings. Then click Update & Security
- Under Windows Update, click Check for updates. Windows will automatically download and install the available updates.
- Once you’ve installed all the updates, restart your computer and launch Halo Infinite again to see if the black screen issue has gone away.
If your already update your system and get black screen issue then apply the next fix below
Fix 2. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
It might also possible that if there are some missing or corrupted game files then you may experince the black screen issue in halo infinite. To overcome this issue you need to verify the integrity of game files through steam.
Here’s how you can go:
- Run Steam and click LIBRARY.
- Right-click Halo Infinite and select Properties
- Navigate to the LOCAL FILES tab and select Verify integrity of game files
- Steam will verify the game’s files. This process may take several minutes.
- Once the process is completed, try launching the game again to see if you can get past the black screen.
If this issue persists after applying this fix then try the next fix below.
Fix 3. Update your Graphics Driver
Most of the time Halo Infinite black screen issues while playing occur on those PC that have outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance and fix the offline crashing on startup or while joining the game you need to update the graphics card driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 4. Allow the Game Through Windows Firewall
It has been observed that Windows Firewall may block the normal operation of your game and cause the balck screen issue. To fix this issue you need to add halo infinite to the Exception list of Windows Firewall.
Here’s how you can do this:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialog box. Type firewall.cpl and click OK.
- In the pop-up window, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Locate HaloInfinite.exe from the list of apps. If not listed, click Change settings > Allow another app…, then locate HaloInfinite.exe.
- Checkmark both Private and Public settings.
- Click OK.
- If you’re also running any third-party antivirus program, you need to temporarily disable it before launching the game.
Now check if your blac screen issue get resolved then enjoy your game, but if issue persists then give a luck to the next fix below.
Fix 5. Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes the programs that are running in the background can interfere with your game like overlays apps. You need to perform a clean boot to stop causing black screen.
Here’s how you can fix this issue:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialog box. Type msconfig and click OK.
- In System Configuration, navigate to the Services tab and check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services.
- Uncheck all the services EXCEPT those belong to your video card or sound card manufacturer, such as Realtek, AMD, NVIDIA and Intel. Then click OK to save the changes.
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl, Shift and Esc at the same time to open Task Manager, then navigate to the Startup tab.
- One at a time, select any programs you suspect might be interfering and click Disable.
- Restart your computer and try launching Halo Infinite again
If the black screen issues persistes then give a try to te next fix below.
Fix 6. Stop Overclocking your PC
It is seen that many players overclock their CPU and GPU to gain more performance boost while playing the game. Most of the time overclocking tools and this practice create problems for your games.
Fix 7. Run DirectX Diagnostic Tool
You need to check for the latest DirectX version on your window PC. If DirectX version is less than DX12, then follow the below method to check latest version.
Here’s how you can:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type dxdiag and hit Enter to open DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window opens, you can check out the DirectX version from the System tab.
- Next, you can go to the Display tab > Here you can additionally check DirectX 3D Feature Levels and other DirectX Features too.
Fix 8. Close the Dump Tool
There is a unique fix that a Redditor has suggested that requires you to run the Halo Infinite on your PC and wait for the black screen to occur.
When the black screen finally pops up, you will also see a Dump Tool running on the screen. If you can’t see this tool then open Task Manager and see it. Now you need to close this tool and wait for a couple of minutes and then relaunch the game.
Make sure that you have checked that the game is using a certain amount of CPU before ending the task.
You might need to repeat this fix multiple times till you get into the game. So far it’s a reliable fix that has helped many players.
Fix 9. Reinstall Halo Infinite
If all the fixes goes in vain, then try reinstalling the game. This might fix halo infinite black screen issues.
Here’s how you can apply this fix:
- Open your Steam library.
- Right-click Halo Infinite and select Manage > Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the game
- Reinstall Halo Infinite