Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga video game is an action-adventure based on the Lego series. The game follows Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, where players can experience all nine Star Wars films in one sitting.
Some players complaining LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga keeps crashing on startup or mid-game. If you also encountered the same issue and are in search of fixes. Then you choose the right place, you just need to scroll down and found the fix that best suits you.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why Does Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga Keep Crashing?
There are several factors that cause the Steam Version of Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga to crash on PC. However, the most common reasons are given below:
- Incompatible PC configuration
- Corrupted game file
- Outdated graphics drivers
- Unnecessary background tasks
- Issues with startup apps
- Older DirectX version
- Issues with overlay apps
- Overclocked CPU/GPU
- Antivirus program-related issue
What are the System Requirements to Play LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga on PC?
Before moving to any fixes, must check the system requirements that suit to run this game:
|System Requirements||Minimum System Requirements||Recommended System Requirements|
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel Core i5-2400 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200||Intel Core i5-6600 or AMD Ryzen 3 3100|
|Memory||8 GB RAM||8 GB RAM|
|Graphics||GeForce GTX 750 Ti or Radeon HD 7850||GeForce GTX 780 or Radeon R9 290|
|DirectX||Version 11||Version 11|
|Storage||40 GB available space||40 GB available space|
In case your PC hardware is not supported to run the game then read this article to know what is the best pre-built gaming PC. An Upgrade on the PC will help you to fix your issues.
How To Fix LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Crashing on Startup?
You don’t need to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick
Fix 1. Update Windows
Updating windows not only overcome the crashing issue but also helps to boost the game performance, reduce glitches and overcome compatibility issues. The latest versions of updating windows also add the latest features and security patches.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install
- It may take a while to complete the update
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update
If the issue persists then follow the next fix below
Fix 2. Run the game as an administrator
Games run smoothly when they get administrator privileges. To make sure Skywalker Saga works properly, you need to run the game as an administrator
Here’s how you can give it admin privileges:
- Right-click on the Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga exe shortcut file on your PC
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
- Make sure to do the same steps for the Steam client too. It should help you to fix the Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga issue on your PC
If the issue does not mitigate then give a bit of luck to the next fix below
Fix 3. Update your graphics driver
Most of the time LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Crashing on Startup on those PC that has outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance and fix the offline crashing on startup or while joining the game you need to update the graphics card driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 4. Verify Integrity of Game Files
Sometimes corrupted and missing game files also cause a LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga cutscene crashing on PC. You need to check the integrity of game files to run the game smoothly. Here’s how you can:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library
- Right-click on Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga from the list of installed games
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed
Once done, just restart your computer to check if the issue mitigate, If not then follow the next fix below
Fix 5. Try Disabling Overlay Apps
Overlay apps run in the background can cause the problem of startup crashing. It will influence the game performance as well. To disable Overlay apps follow the below instructions:
Disable Discord Overlay:
- Launch the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay
- Click on the Games tab > Select Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay:
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Head over to Settings.
- Click on the General tab > Disable the In-Game Overlay option
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes, and launch the game again.
You also need to disable some other overlay apps like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, or any other third-party overlay apps that run in the background always.
Related: How to Enable FPS Counter in MSI Afterburner
Now check if the game is working without any startup or mid-game crashing. If the issue persists then follow the next fix below
Fix 6. Close the game from Background Apps
Turning off the background apps can also reduce the crashing issue on startup. You need to turn off the background apps in order to run the game smoothly. Here’s how you can:
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu
- Click on Privacy > Scroll down from the left pane and select Background apps.
- Scroll down and look for the Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga game title
- Just turn off the toggle next to the game title
- Once done, close the window and restart your computer
This method will help you to get rid of the LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga keeps crashing on startup issue, if not then go to the next fix below
Fix 7. Set High Priority in Task Manager
Make your game priority in the higher segment in order to tell your Windows system to run the game properly.
Related: How To Set CPU Process Priority for Applications in Windows 10
Here’s how you can do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga game task.
- Select Set Priority to High.
- Close Task Manager.
- Finally, run the LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga game to check if it’s crashing on PC or not.
Fix 8. Perform a clean boot
The game can be crashed due to ceratin apps conflicting with it. So you need to perform a clean boot to find that problematic app. Here’s how you can do that:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run Dialog.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Navigate to the Services tab, check to Hide all Microsoft services, and then click Disable all.
- Select the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
- Go back to the System Configuration window and click OK.
- Click Restart to restart your PC.
- Restart your PC and launch Warno to check if the game crashes again. If not, open the System Configuration window again to enable services and applications one by one until you find the problematic software.
Fix 9. Update Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
If you haven’t updated your Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga game for a while then you need to check the updates and install the latest patch (if available).
Here’s how you can:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again