Minecraft launcher won’t open or load when you try to launch Minecraft. The Minecraft launcher not working issue may pop up in Java or Windows 10 Edition.
There are number of complaints from the Minecraft players that once they updated the Windows OS or installed the launcher from the Microsoft store, it starts acting weirdly.
Neither launcher opens nor the background process starts and you can’t even find it in the Task Manager after launching it.
If you are also dealing with a Minecraft launcher won’t open issue in 2022 then we have the best solution to fix it.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why won’t my Minecraft launcher open?
To understand this issue better you need to know about the possible causes of the in more detail that trigger this problem.
- Unstable internet connection: If you are running Minecraft online then the bad internet is the most common cause for the Minecraft launcher failure in your Windows PC. If you are playing minecraft offline then don’t worry.
- Corrupt launcher profile: If the launcher profile in your PC is corrupted, the game won’t launch. In this case, you need to delete the launcher profiles and launch the game again.
- Outdated drivers issue: This is again a very common issue. Check if the video card drivers in your PC are up-to-date.
- The Windows 10/11 is not up-to-date: Your Windows PC must be running the latest build. make sure that the operating system is fully updated.
- Too many mods: If you have installed too many mods installed in your PC, it may create a problem in launching the game.
How to fix Minecraft Launcher won’t open on Windows PC
Let’s apply these few fixes to resolve the issue.
Fix 1. Delete Launcher profiles
If the Minecraft launcher profile file is corrupted, it can cause the launcher to not start up at all. Therefore, in such a case, you will have to delete the launcher profile from your system.
- First of all, open up the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R combination.
- Type in %appdata% and press Enter.
- Here look for the .minecraft folder and open it up
- Inside the .minecraft folder, delete the launcher_profiles.json file
Fix 2. Reinstall Minecraft on your Windows 10/11 PC
If the above fix didn’t work for you then here is another fix. Simply uninstall Minecraft by removing all the traces from your PC, and then reinstall it again.
Follow these steps:
- Press Windows + R key and type in control and hit Enter.
- It will open up Control Panel.
- Here click on Programs > Programs and Features.
- Locate the Minecraft file and uninstall it.
- Now again press Windows + R to type in %appdata% and press Enter.
- Here locate the .minecraft folder and Delete it.
- Download Minecraft from minecraft.net and install it again
Fix 3. Update the graphic card driver
The Minecraft launcher won’t open an issue on PC is linked with the outdated or incompatible graphics drivers installed on your PC. You should check your PC and update graphics drivers. In most cases, NVIDIA releases the game-ready driver for the Minecraft launcher which pretty much resolves the issue.
However, if you don’t have the time and skills to update the graphics drivers then we suggest you download driver updater software on your PC.
The best driver updater tool that we have used so far is Driver Easy. This tool instantly scans your PC to find any outdated software. After the san it presents a list of outdated drivers you simply need to press the update button and it will install the latest version of the driver on your PC.
Give it a try and Download Driver Easy trial Version For Free.
Fix 4. Run Minecraft as administrator
If the Minecraft launcher won’t open on Windows PC it means that there are privilege issues that the reason why your game is not launching.
To fix this issue, you have to run Minecraft as an administrator. To do that, go to Minecraft, right-click and run it as administrator. This should solve your problem.
Fix 5. Perform a Clean Boot
Some background services and processes may interfere with the game’s launcher. You need to perform a clean boot that will remove any third-party background services from the question.
Follow the instructions given down below:
- Press Windows + R key to type in MSConfig and hit Enter.
- This will open up the System Configuration in the results.
- Click on the Services tab, and then click the Hide all Microsoft services tickbox at the bottom-right corner. This will hide all the essential Microsoft services from the list shown.
- Then, click on the Disable all button to disable all the third-party background services.
- Now switch to the Startup tab. There, click on the Open Task Manager option.
- Here, select an app and then click the Disable button. Do this for all the apps shown on the list.
- Now click OK and then rerun thr Minecraft launcher on Windows PC.