Dealing with Minecraft low FPS on high-end PC! It’s a very frustrating situation where you are only able to get 50-90 FPS even if you have a high-end PC or laptop.
Players who are running Minecraft Java edition with or without shaders tend to complain that they keep getting low FPS.
In this article, we have gathered some methods to boost FPS in Minecraft without delving into too many advanced settings.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Why is my Minecraft fps so low on a high end PC
- How to fix Minecraft Low FPS on High-End PC and Laptop
- How can I increase FPS on Minecraft Bedrock Edition?
Why is my Minecraft fps so low on a high end PC
The Minecraft shader’s low fps on high-end PC issue is caused by multiple reasons. Below we have gathered the most common causes.
- Outdated drivers
- You think your system is good, but they aren’t
- Having Vsync on.
- Having too many mods and shaders on at the same time
- Running too many applications in the background.
- Inefficient System cooling.
- Using integrated graphics while running shaders.
How to fix Minecraft Low FPS on High-End PC and Laptop
Apply the below fixes on your high-end PC or laptop running Windows 10 or 11 OS.
Fix 1. Install Optifine Mode in Minecraft Java Edition
You may get inconsistent Minecraft fps on a high-end PC because of the low allocated RAM to Minecraft.
You can fix the low FPS issue by installing the Optofine using the Minecraft launcher. In most cases, Optifine increases the FPS. Follow these steps:
- Open your Minecraft client (Java version).
- Select the Installations tab towards the top of the launcher.
- Hover over your desired profile/Minecraft version, then select the button with the three dots on the right.
- Select Edit from the drop-down menu. A modal will appear and More Options will be available in the bottom-left. Select this.
- In the JVM arguments field, change -Xmx1G to -Xmx#G , replace # with the amount of RAM you’d like to allocate to Minecraft in GB (do not modify any other text).
- Select the green Save button and you’re done!
Fix 2. Allocate more graphics memory
If you have a high-end GPU and still you are getting low FPS in Minecraft it means low memory is allocated for this game. For example, if you have a GTX 1080 it has up to 8GB for you to use.
To increase the allocated memory;
- Go to your Minecraft launcher
- Edit your profile and on the bottom set your java virtual machine settings to allocate at least 4G.
Fix 3. Update your graphics driver
To fix the Minecraft low FPS on high-end PC you should also make sure that your graphics drivers aren’t outdated or corrupted. You should update graphics drivers to fix the crashing issue.
Each graphics card manufacturing company releases game-specific drivers you can install them from NVIDIA, AMD sites manually.
However, if you don’t have proper skills or time then we recommend you to download Driver Easy on your PC. It’s any advanced driver updater software for Windows 10, Windows 11.
When you download and install Driver Easy on your PC, run it. In a couple of seconds, it will present you with a list of outdated drivers. You need is to press the Update All button and this tool will automatically update your PC’s outdated drivers.
You can give it a try by downloading Driver Easy Trial Version for Windows PC.
Fix 4. Change in-game settings to boost FPS
Sometimes playing Minecraft with the wrong graphics setting also affects the FPS. Even if you have a high-end PC or laptop the low FPS problem will persist.
Change these settings and then play the game.
- Render Distance – 4 Short
- Graphics – Fast
- Smooth Lighting – None
- Clouds – Fast/OFF
- Max Framerate – Max
Fix 5. Disable fullscreen optimizations
When you see glitches or performance-related issues while playing Minecraft disabling the fullscreen optimization will help you a lot.
- Right-click on the Minecraft shortcut on your desktop and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab, check Disable fullscreen optimizations and click Apply.
Now launch the game to check if you are still getting low FPS on your high-end PC.
Fix 6. Set javaw.exe to high priority
Using the Windows Task Manager you can easily set any process to priority on your Windows PC and laptop.
So if you want to make Minecraft perform better, give it a shot.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together on your keyboard to open Task Manager.
- Under the Details tab, right-click on javaw.exe, then Set priority > High.
How can I increase FPS on Minecraft Bedrock Edition?
In most cases, the Minecraft Bedrock automatically caps the FPS to whatever your screen refresh rate is like if its 60hz its gonna be 60 FPS but if you have a very low-end device you can follow these steps
- Go to Video settings
- Turn Off View Bobbing
- Turn of render clouds and beautiful skies
- Also, try to keep your render distance to 6 or 8 chunks
- Most of the time the lag is cuased due to low internet connection so if your internet is less than 10mbs speed then thats one of the cuases