Minecraft not responding when joining the server or loading the world! Does Minecraft not respond on Mojang Screen on Windows 10 PC? Don’t worry here’s is the solution.
Minecraft has two versions, the Java version, and the Bedrock version. When users complain that their Minecraft is not responding, the solution can differ depending on the version they are using. For the Java version, the issue is generally outdated Java. Check if you are using the latest version of Java and if not, update it.
Why does Minecraft not respond on the Mojang screen? It freezes and says “Not responding”. I keep getting the exit code 805306369. I haven’t been able to play Minecraft even once ever since I bought it due to this issue.
If you are still dealing with not responding errors on Windows 10 then here we have for you some of the best-tested solutions to fix this problem. You can also read our article about Minecraft Won’t Launch, and Minecraft Keeps Crashing.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why is my Minecraft Not Responding on PC?
If Minecraft does not respond when launched or on loading Mojang Screen, it doesn’t mean that your PC specifications are lower. This issue may arise even in high-end gaming PCs.
However, the Minecraft not responding on startup error is mostly occur due to:
- Outdated Java software on your computer
- Outdated Windows version
- Improper game installation
- Corrupted game files
- Game mods that you have installed on Minecraft
- Corrupt or outdated graphics card drivres.
How to Fix Minecraft Not Responding on Windows 10
You don’t need to apply all of the below fixes, just work your way down the list until you find the best solution.
As a precaution you should at least take a look at the system requirements for Minecraft before appl;lying the fixes.
Fix 1. Update your Java Software
If the Minecraft java edition not responding that means that you have installed the Minecraft java edition and its software is outdated.
Those games which are coded in Java language like this game Java software is required to run it smoothly on PC.
To check for an update on your Java software, follow the steps below.
- Press on Windows + S key and search for Java in the dialogue box and press enter.
- After that, click on Configure Java to open its Settings page.
- Lastly, click on the Update tab located at the top of your screen and click on the Update Now button.
- You can also manually look for the Java executable file if you navigate to the following path “Drive C Program Files x86 Java for 32 bit systems” or “Drive C Program Files Java for 64 bit systems”.
Fix 2. Update Windows OS
It is possible that Minecraft rolled out an update and the current version of your operating system is not supported by the latest update of Minecraft. So you need to update your Windows OS to its latest version.
Follow these steps to update your Windows 10 OS:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Settings.
- Go to Update & Security > Windows Update > Check For Updates.
If there is any pending update install it on your PC. Restart your PC and then play the game to see if it has stopped responding.
Fix 3. Update Graphics Drivers
Minecraft not responding issue arises on Windows 10 and 11 PC because of the outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance you need to update the graphics driver. There are two methods to update graphics cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit NVIDIA/AMD sites and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 4. Disable MC Mods
Mods enable you to have a better experience when playing Minecraft. However, mods can be the cause of your Minecraft not responding issue. If you’ve added any mods to your Minecraft, you can disable them to fix the issue.
You can disable mods via game launchers such as Twitch and Forge. Or you can add .disabled to the end of the mods’ filename, or move the mods folder from the Minecraft directory to another one. Thus you can always enable the mods by deleting the .disabled suffix or moving them back.
Fix 5. Disable Unnecessary Software
Third-party apps and especially antivirus programs proved to be more fatal for games. These programs classes with the game file cause the not responding error.
If you have installed any of these software i.e. Norton Antivirus, Malwarebytes, etc then remove them and then play the game.
Fix 6. Reinstall your Minecraft
Another fix that works like a charm is uninstalling and then reinstalling Minecraft on your PC. Many users have fixed Minecraft not responding after reinstalling the game on their PC.
Follow these steps to uninstall Minecraft;
- Press the Windows logo + R key at the same time to type in appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Right-click Minecraft and select Uninstall.
- 4) Press the Windows logo key and R again to open the Run box again, then type %appdata% and press Enter.
- 5) Right-click the .minecraft folder and select Delete to make sure you’ve deleted the related files.
- 4) After uninstalling, restart your computer and then download Minecraft again.
Fix 7. Disable the Discord Overlay
There have been reports from Minecraft players that they were able to fix their Minecraft issue after they were able to disable the Discord overlay. If the above steps failed, then we suggest you try to follow our guide on how you can disable discord overlay.
- Open the Discord app and click on the User Settings button located right next to your username.
- Click on the Game Overlay option on the left pane and uncheck the Enable in-game overlay option.
- Open the Minecraft launcher and confirm if the issue has finally been fixed.
Fix 8. Run Minecraft as Administrator
If you didn’t try running Minecraft as an administrator then do it now. Sometimes Windows needs certain privileges to run any particular game or app. The Minecraft not responding on PC may also occur in such cases so follow these steps to run it as administrator.
- Navigate to the main directory where Minecraft is installed and locate the main game executable.
- Right-click the executable file and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab and check the box next to Run this program as an administrator. Click Apply and then OK.
- Run Minecraft again to see if this works.