Are you dealing with Poco M3 black screen problem where you see no display at all except a black or white screen? Are you seeing Poco M3 black screen issue after the update? In this post, we will explain the best methods to fix Poco M3 and Poco M3 Pro black screen issues.
The problem of the black screen on the Poco M3 may arise due to a hardware issue but if it’s not then you can easily fix it on your own.
If your brand new smartphones get stuck in a black screen and won’t turn on it can be a sign of a simple firmware issue as one user explains;
I recently updated my Poco M3, it updated correctly but after that, it doesn’t turn on anymore, I searched about it and I found that it was a problem with the update. I managed to turn on my phone again by pressing 13 seconds the power button, after that, I received a new update so I thought the update fixed that but when the phone rebooted to install the new update it doesn’t turn on anymore. I’ve tried to enter fast boot mode but doesnt’t works.
Don’t worry you won’t suffer anymore. This issue won’t make you frustrated if you want to play the game or update the app but the screen won’t turn instead go into the black screen of death mode. Just follow the below fixes to mitigate this issue.
Why does Poco M3 Black Screen of Death occur?
The most common reasons for this issue are:
- Firmware issue
- Poor or slow hardware
- Background apps hogging resources
- Unwiped cache data
How To Fix Poco M3 Black Screen Of Death?
You don’t need to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick
Fix 1. Force reboot your Poco M3
If you do not find any hardware damage then try to power off Poco M3 due to a firmware crash. So you may fix this issue by doing a forced restart.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds or more. This will trigger it to boot up
- When the logo shows, release the power key and allow the device to continue the boot process uninterrupted
- Most of the time, this is the only urgent thing you need to do to make a phone respond again.
If this fix does not gives you luck try the next fix below
Fix 2. Try to boot your phone into the Recovery Mode
Sometimes firmware won’t launch or respond but it’s important for us to know if your phone is still capable of turning on, then this shows that there is no issue with the hardware.
Here’s how you can do this:
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power key for 10 seconds
- If the Poco logo shows, release both keys and wait until the device enters the recovery mode
- From here, you can just reboot your phone by pressing the Power key to select the options
- If your Poco M3 boots in recovery mode, then it should reboot normally
If the phone does not respond normally after this fix, then try next to the fix below
Fix 3. Charge your phone and do the Forced restart
To overcome this issue, you need to charge your phone and do the forced reboot while it’s charging. At this stage, it may be possible that the battery was drained and the firmware get crashed just before the device powered off.
Related: Fix: PS4 Controller Won’t Turn On Or Charge on Playstation
So here’s how you should do that:
- Plug the charger into a working wall outlet
- Connect your phone to the charger using the appropriate cable
- Regardless of whether your Poco M3 shows the charging sign or not, leave it connected to the charger for at least 5 minutes
- Now while the device is still connected to the charger, press and holds the Power key for 10 seconds or more
- If the logo shows, release the power key and it should boot up successfully
If this fix does not help you then try the next fix below.
Fix 4. Wipe cache partition
To wipe the cache partition in your device you need to boot into recovery mode on Poco M3. Recovery mode can help to diagnose the troubleshooting issues. If you clear the cache partition, your device problem can be resolved.
Related: How To Clear Cache In Bluestacks on PC and Mac
Related: How To Clear Cache On Instagram [Android and iOS]
Fix 5. Hard Reset via Settings
Try the hardware reset via settings to mitigate the black screen of death issue.
- In your Poco M3 device, Go to the Settings app
- Now Additional settings menu
- Tap on Backup and reset
- Select Factory data reset
Here you will find 5 different options to select
- To clear all the data, select Erase All Content and Settings which will wipe off all the data from your Poco M3
- Enter your password if you have a password on your phone
- Once you enter the password, it will now show a confirmation to erase data, so hit erase data.
Now you performed a hard set. But if the issue persists then follow the next fix below
Fix 6. Hard Factory Reset via Recovery
You can mitigate this issue by performing the hard factory reset in recovery mode. Here’s how you can:
- First of all, Turn off your Poco M3.
- Now Press and hold the Volume Up key + Power Key on your Poco M3 Pro 5G device simultaneously for a while
- Once you see the Xiaomi logo, you can release the button
- Your phone has entered recovery mode, now you can select the language
- Now your device will enter the stock recovery mode
- You can select Wipe Data by just tapping on it
- Now select Wipe/Data to confirm and enter the verification code
If this fix won’t help you then try the next fix below
Fix 7. Update software
If the device shows still a black screen even after resetting your device then check the new software update. The software update will debug and resolve the issue that users are facing.
If applying this fix won’t help you then you need to check your device with the technician. That’s might be an issue with the hardware.