It’s a very bizarre moment when you turn on your PS4 console to play a game you are struck with a PS4 CE-34878-0 error message. You have performed all the possible fixes still the PS4 CE-34878-0 error code won’t go away.
If you are dealing with CE-34878-0 PS4 error while playing your favorite FiFA22, Warzone or Cyberpunk game then worry not you are not alone to see this error. Many players have to deal with this Playstation 4 CE-34878-0 on every game they tried to play.
Why Do I Have To Deal With PS4 CE-34878-0 Error Message?
Most users also think that missing libraries, inappropriately introduced applications, or tainted framework documents are the culprit causing this problem. However, developers have released nothing to explain why this PS4 error code is appearing.
How To Fix PS4 CE-34878-0 Error Code in 2022
Fix 1. Restart your PS4 Firmware:
Before jumping to the more complicated things, first of all, you should restart your PS4 console, there is a possibility that may be by doing only this procedure, you may not get the error code Ce-34878-0 anymore. Here are the steps:
- Completely turn off your PS4 console.
- Completely turn off your Ps4 controller
- Reboot your PS4 console and then your PS4 controller.
- Try to open the game and check whether it works.
Fix 2. Delete the Current Game Status
Delete the current game status of the game in question on the PS4’s hard drive and in the Playstation Plus Cloud.
Due to the damage that usually occurs to the files that were open at the time of the crash, the game status of the game concerned is also damaged first and then usually synchronized with the Playstation cloud.
If you continue to use the damaged saved game, further crashes will occur due to the damaged saved game, which will affect other areas of the console’s hard drive!
Fix 3: Rebuild your Database
Simply go to the safety mode of your PS4 and use menu item 5 to rebuild the database. After doing this, repeat this process multiple times in a row and hopefully, this process might be helpful and fix any damage to the file system structure on the console’s HDD caused by the crash.
Fix 4: Update your PS4 console’s firmware
Updating your PS4 console plays an important role to keep avoiding crashing and displaying the error code CE-34878-0. If you haven’t updated your PS4 console while this is likely the root cause behind the Ce-34878-0 error code. Keep your console updated because it is always a good idea to be running the latest version of your console’s firmware so it keeps working properly. Follow these steps:
- Connect your console to an internet connection.
- From your PS4 home screen, head to the setting option and click on it.
- From the setting menu, find the system software update and click on it.
- Allow the PS4 to check whether there is a system software update available.
- If there is, allow it to install.
- Once the firmware is updated, restart your PS4.
- After doing all the steps, run your game and see whether the error code CE34878-0 disappears or not.
Fix 5: Reinstall the Game on your PS4
If simply, restarting your PS4 and restarting the game does not work, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to have an attempt. Save the game information before you uninstall the game. Follow these steps:
- Go to PS4 setting > Application saved data Management.
- Select saved data in system storage if you want to save it in your PS4 system, or you can select the saved data on a USB Storage device in which you have inserted the USB drive into your PS4.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to complete.
- After doing this, go to PS4 setting > System Storage Management > Applications.
- Indicate the game that occurs and highlights it.
- Press the options button and select delete.
- Restart your PS4 console.
- Reinstall the game, try to run the game, and check whether it is working.
Fix 6: Put the original HDD( Hard drive discs)
Upgrading the HDD may also impact the performance of the game. Install back the original HDD in your PS4 console to solve this problem. FAT32 or exFAT-formatted USB device is needed with plenty of space. Don’t have enough room to back up everything, choose not to back up the application data. Follow these steps:
- Insert the USB storage device for the backup.
- Go to settings > System > Back up and restore.
- Confirm which data you’d like to back up. If you choose not to back up applications, you’ll need to download or reinstall them when/if you eventually restore them with the backup you’re creating.
- Customize the name of the backup. Once you’ve done that, highlight Back up and press the X button.
- Wait a few seconds until the process finishes.
- After the backup, Install the original HDD on your PS4.
- After installation, try to run your game and see if it works.
Fix 7: Initialization of PS4
By initializing the PS4, there is a chance that the error code CE-34878-0 may get disappear. This method works for many PS4 users. Initialization deletes data saved on system storage and deletes all users and their data from the system.
By initialization, your all information and settings are deleted so keep in mind to back up your information and settings before initialization.
- Go to settings > Initialization > initialize PS4
- Select Full.
- Follow the instructions to complete.
- After doing all, restore all your backup data and reinstall the applications and games and try to run the game.
Fix 8: Disconnect the PS Camera
Following are the steps to disconnect the PS4 cam:
- Go to PS4 settings > devices > turn off the device
- Turn off the camera and power cycle your console.
- Go to setting > User > login settings.
- Deselect enable a face recognition option.
Fix 9: Contact PS support for help
Still getting the error code CE-34878-0 while trying to run the game after applying all the following fixes. Don’t worry, after doing all, if it’s not helping you to get out of the problem you should contact PS customer care for support.