Are you stuck in the PS5 black screen after the logo Or is PS5 not turning on/ boot-up instead stuck on the black screen? Here are the Solutions.
You probably have bought a new TV and when trying to connect, PS5 does not show up on the TV with no signal detected error.
You aren’t alone to face this situation, many players are dealing with PS5 black screens when they turn on or on the startup of the game.
Lately, many users on Reddit, have started reporting that since they change the PS5 from one TV to another the ps5 black screen problem is happening. Each time they turn on their console the PS5 shows logo and then a black screen. Other users complain that since they started PS5 repairing console storage they are seeing a black screen
After reading forums we have to say that the PS55 won’t display on TV error is linked with the resolution i.e. new TV is lower than the resolution of the older TV
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Why is My PS5 Stuck on a Black Screen
- What Causes PS5 Black Screen After Logo?
- Things To Do Before Going Applying Fixes
How To Fix PS5 Black Screen After Logo
- Fix 1. Power Off PS5 and Unplug External Drives
- Fix 2. Lower Output Resolution in PS5 Safe mode
- Fix 3. Disable HDR, Deep color temp, and HDCP
- Fix 4. Change the HDMI Cable
- Fix 5. Hard Reset Your Console to Fix PS5 stuck on black screen on startup
- Fix 6. Try Plugging PS5 into a Different TV
- Fix 7. Contact Sony
Why is My PS5 Stuck on a Black Screen
To put it in simple words, if you have switched from a 4k TV to a 1440p Monitor. The PS5 will still output 4K resolution but your 1440p TV isn’t capable of handling that, so it will show a black screen.
Just lower the PS5 resolution to match with your new TV to easily fix this issue by booting it into safe mode.
This problem is still not restricted to resolution there are other causes as well that may trigger a black screen on PS5.
What Causes PS5 Black Screen After Logo?
Upon examining the PS5 black screen problem it came to light that this error can also appear in the following circumstances.
- Faulty HDMI cable: Make sure your HDMI cable is working properly. If the cable is faulty the PS will not turn on. Always use the HDMI cable that comes with PS5 for better performance.
- The power cord is not connected properly: The PS5 won’t display on TV if the power cord is not connected properly. The PS5 will not get power and you will end up seeing a black screen.
- TV power cable is not connected properly: The no signal on TV error appears if the RV power cable is not connected.
Things To Do Before Going Applying Fixes
The solutions provided here will be futile for you if the HDMI cable isn’t plugged in properly. So,
- Make sure that PS5 is getting power
- HDMI cable is properly connected with PS5 and TV and there’s no fault in the ports.
How To Fix PS5 Black Screen After Logo
The fixes mentioned below will solve PlayStation 5 not showing any display, black screen, or a blank screen error.
Fix 1. Power Off PS5 and Unplug External Drives
While searching for solutions for the PS5 black screen on Reddit, users confirmed that they unplugged the drives connected to PS5 and TV while turning them off, it fixed the blank screen problem.
To do that press the power button on the console for 10 seconds till you hear twice beeps. Unplug all the drives and devices i.e. external hard drive or headphones.
Now turn on the console and launch the game to see if a black screen appears on startup.
If the problem persists then do the same with your TV turn it off and unplug the power cable. Wait for a minute and turn it on.
Fix 2. Lower Output Resolution in PS5 Safe mode
As already explained the false resolution output is the main culprit that causes PS5 black screen after logo problem.
Follow these steps to lower the resolution output:
- Shut Down PS5: Press the power button until you hear two beeps. It can take up to 10 seconds. (If the PS5 is in rest mode then first power it up and then shut it down)
- Boot PS5 in Safe Mode: Now boot up the console into safe mode by pressing the power button until you hear a second beep.
- Connect ControllerUsing USB Cable: In Safe mode, you won’t be able to connect the controller to WiFi so use the wired DS4 via USB cable and press the PS button.
- Change Resolution Output: Fron the main screen select Change Video Output and then press X to Change Resolution.
- Upon confirming the changes PS5 will restart.
The PS5 will select the resolution that is suitable for your TV, just press X to select the maximum supported resolution.
Fix 3. Disable HDR, Deep color temp, and HDCP
In case PS5 boots up properly but goes black after a few seconds then it is because you have enabled additional settings.
Try to disable HDR, Deep color temp, and HDCP settings on your console.
Go to Settings, select Screen and Video, and turn off 4K HDR, and Deep color temp. If the issue persists, disable HDCP as well.
Many users confirmed that tweaking these settings solved the problem for them. It seems that sometimes there’s a discrepancy between your console and TV.
Fix 4. Change the HDMI Cable
The HDMI cable connects to the console and TV if it gets faulty you won’t be able to boot into safe mode hence stuck with PS5 black screen windows.
To check if it’s the HDMI cable that’s not working connect it with other devices i.e. desktop or laptop.
In case the HDMI cable is not working then buy a new one. The PS5 is capable of delivering 4K at 120 FPS but that requires a 2.1 HDMI cable.
Fix 5. Hard Reset Your Console to Fix PS5 stuck on black screen on startup
- Keep your finger pressed on the power button for about 10 seconds so that it turns off completely.
- Remove the power behind the console and keep pressing the power button until there is no power. This will clear the cache.
After this, connect back the console with power. Wait a few seconds to turn it on and see if ps5 is flashing a black screen again.
Fix 6. Try Plugging PS5 into a Different TV
Last but not least you can connect the console with another TV to endure that it’s not the TV’s fault.
Still, if you can’t fix the PS5 black screen after the PS logo problem then contact Sony technical support.
Fix 7. Contact Sony
If the PlayStation 5 black screen still appears and where the above methods didn’t work for you, then there are chances that either your console or controller is damaged.
You should contact Sony Service Center online and create a ticket. If the PS5 is in warrantee they will entertain your claim.