Razer Synapse is the best option to configure all Razer peripherals but users are complaining peripherals failed to start problem on startup. Even in 2023 this issue is affecting Windows 11 & 10 users.
It’s a common issue, and various factors like system admin or firewall restrictions, corrupted files, missing files, or login problems can be the culprits behind Razer Synapse’s refusal to launch.
In this article, we have explained our tried and tested solution to fix the Razer Synapse Failed To Start and not opening problem.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
How To Fix Razer Synapse Failed To Start Problem on Win 11/10
Before we dive into the solution, make sure your system meets the Razer Synapse 3 system requirements.
1. Run Razer Synapse As Administrator
Often, the issue stopping Razer Synapse from opening or failing to start on Windows 11 and 10 is an admin restriction. You can often fix this by running it with admin access. Here’s how:
- Right-click on the Razer Synapse icon.
- Choose “Run as administrator.”
2. Restart Razer Synapse Services
If Razer Synapse Fails to Start or won’t open, you can try fixing it by ending certain processes and restarting services in the Task Manager. Here’s how:
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Look for processes related to Synapse, right-click on them, and select “End Task” to stop them.
- Next, click on the “Services” tab and find “Razer Central Service” and “Razer Synapse Service.”
- Right-click on these services and choose “Start” or “Restart.”
- Now, attempt to run Razer Synapse 3 to see if the issue of it not opening is resolved or not.
3. Reinstall Razer Synapse
If the problem doesn’t go away then it may be corrupted software’s files hindering proper lunch. Try to reinstall this software, here’s how;
- Close all Synapse programs i.e. Razer Chroma, Razer Central, Razer Cortex, and Razer Synapse.
- Press Windows + R, type in control appwiz.cpl and press Enter to open the Control Panel.
- Find this software and Uninstall it from your PC ( Follow the on-screen instructions while uninstalling it).
- Unplug all the Razer devices from your PC and laptop.
- Now locate and delete all files and folders relating to Razer Synapse from your PC. Access C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Razer and delete all concerned folders.
- Restart your PC.
- Now visit the official site and download the latest version of Razer Synapse 3 on your PC and laptop.
- Now connect all the devices and it will automatically detect them.
After performing this fix the Razer Synapse not working problem should be resolved.
4. Re-install Razer Device Drivers
Sometimes if Razer devices i.e. mouse or keyboard have corrupted, missing, or old drivers, the Synapse won’t open properly. Follow these steps;
- Press Windows + R, type in devmgmt.msc, and hit Enter. It will open Device Manager.
- Double-click on the mice and other pointing devices, Keyboards, and Human Interface Devices categories to expand them.
- Right-click on the Razer mouse or keyboard device and choose the Uninstall Device option.
- In the pop-up select the Delete the driver software for this device option and press Uninstall button.
- Now Unplug all the Razer devices and restart your PC or laptop.
- Connect the Razer keyboard, mouse, or other devices, and Windows 10 will automatically detect and install the current latest device driver
5. Disable Antivirus & Windows Defender Firewall
Antivirus tools and Windows built-in firewall defenders sometimes deal with Synapse software as a threat resulting in blocking it from running.
If you have installed Avast antivirus it may not stop running in the background. At the same time, this PC virus protection tool can also block Synapse from opening. You can temporarily disable this tool or create a white list (exception list).
The same case is with the Windows Firewall Defender. You can turn it off temporarily. Here’s how
- Press Windows + R, type firewall.cpl, and press Enter.
- Click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off to open the options shown directly below.
- Select both the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall buttons and then click the OK button.
6. Install the latest Microsoft .NET Framework
Razer Synapse relies on the .NET Framework to work, and if your computer doesn’t have it, Razer Synapse 3 may fail to start or not open. If you already have an older version of the .NET Framework installed, you might need to get the latest one for Synapse 3.0 to function properly. Here’s what you can do:
- Download the setup wizard for the most latest .NET Framework version.
- Open the installer and follow the steps to add the latest .NET Framework to your Windows system. This should help resolve the issue with Razer Synapse not opening.
How to Make Razer Synapse Open on Startup
Lately, many users are mentioning that Razer Synapse not launching at startup. They have changed the Windows settings i.e. Windows Settings > Apps > Startup > Turning ON the slider to automatically enable Synapse startup, yet failed.
If this software is not starting up when Windows 10 boots up then there may be an error in its configuration tool. You should uninstall the Razer Synapse completely from your system and then reinstall it again to fix this problem.
Once you reinstall this tool again enable the Synapse startup option from the Windows settings
If the problem persists, it’s because Synapse loads way too fast confusing the Windows. If you set a delay for Razer programs it will eliminate the synapse startup error.
- Press Win + R and type services.msc
- Find all Razer programs and services and double-click on them.
- Within the General tab click on Startup Type and from the drop-down menu choose Automatic (Delayed Start).
How To Fix Razer Synapse Doesn’t Detect Keyboard
While using this amazing software you may face a problem where Razer Synapse does not recognize or detect Razer devices.
To sort out this issue first check the Razer Keyboard on another PC if it works then try to change the USB port. Make sure that the keyboard is properly plugged in and if needed repair Synapse using Control Panel.
Many users claimed that when they face this problem they perform a clean reinstallation of Synapse and Razer devices.
How To Fix Razer Synapse Not Detecting Mouse
Does Razer Synapse not detect the mouse and then first troubleshoot the hardware problem? Connect the mouse with a different PC and if it’s working fine then change the USB ports.
Uninstall Razer Synapse from PC while deleting all the files and folders then reinstall it from its official site.
Reinstall and update Razer mouse drivers because not detecting or recognizing problems pop up when you have corrupted, missing, or outdated device drivers.