Does Scavengers Crash on your PC and when to try to launch it shows a Black screen? You find the right place to fix these issues
Scavengers launched into early access in April 2021. Just like all the other games, this game also shows some crashing and launching issues.
The most common issues that players reported are the game crashing on startup, after loading screen, mid-game, Unreal Engine crashes, etc.
If you are encountered with such issues, Don’t worry just shift your frustration toward fixes.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why Scavengers Crashing On PC and Black screen on Launch?
There are multiple reasons that could become a source of Scavengers Crashing on PC and Black screen on launch. The most common are below:
- The system does not meet the minimum system requirements
- Outdated graphics driver
- Corrupt game files
- Conflicting software that you might have installed on your PC
- Antivirus software blocking the game from launch
- Unnecessary background tasks
- Overlay apps issues
- Bugs in Windows updates
How are Scavengers Crashing On PC and Black screen on Launch?
You don’t need to apply all of the fixes at once. Just work your way down the list until you find the right solution.
Fix 1. Check if your PC meets the minimum requirements
The Scavenger game requires a certain amount of specifications in order to be played properly and smoothly.
So before apply any fixes firstly check out if your PC meets the minimum requirements for Scavengers.
|OPERATING SYSTEM||Windows 10|
|PROCESSOR||Core I5-6500 or equivalent|
|GPU||Core I5-6500 or equivalent|
|MEMORY||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 / AMD Radeon R9 380|
Here’s how you can check PC specs:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type dxdiag and press Enter.
- Under the System tab and you can check the Operating System and Memory information on your PC.
- Select the Display tab, and you’ll be presented with the information about your graphics card.
- Close DirectX.
If your PC specs have been up to the mark but Scavengers continues to crash, please move on to Fix 2, below to begin troubleshooting.
Fix 2. Update your graphics driver
Scavengers Crashing On PC and Black screen on Launch issue because of the outdated or corrupted device drivers. To improve gaming performance you need to update the device driver. There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated device drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 3. Adjust your graphics settings
Ideally, having “ultra” or “high” settings allows you to max out the performance of the game, but it could lead to crashing.
Here I have listed the recommended settings for playing Scavenger, which you can start with and then test on your own until you find that right spot of balance.
|Game Mode||Windowed mode|
Has the Scavenger crashing issue been fixed? If yes, then congrats If it’s no joy, please try Fix 4, below.
Fix 4. Update Unreal Engine 4 (if you’re on Epic Games Launcher)
If Scavengers crashes while you’re on Unreal Engine, it is possible that the current version of Unreal Engine on your launcher is faulty or corrupt, causing Scavenger to crash.
In this case, you can check for a newer Unreal Engine, install it to see if it solves your issue.
- Open Epic Games Launcher, click Unreal Engine > Library.
- From there, you will see your current version of Unreal Engine. Click the down arrow to see if you have the latest one installed.
- If there’s a more up-to-date version, select the latest version and click Install.
Fire up Scavenger and see if you can play properly. If issue persists, please head on to Fix 5, below.
Fix 5. Update DirectX
Your game of Scavengers may crash if you don’t have the latest version of DirectX. So you should check on your PC whether you have the latest version; if you don’t, you should update it.
To check your DirectX version:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key, then copy & paste dxdiag into the box and click dxdiag.
- Check out your DirectX version in the first page of the report.
Currently, the most up-to-date version for DirectX is DirectX12. If you’re presented with a lower version, follow the steps below to update it.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type check for updates, then click on Check for updates as it pops up as a matching result.
- Click Check for updates.
- Wait a while for Windows to check and install the updates (DirectX 12 included).
- With the latest DirectX, check to see if Scavengers still crashes then shift to Fix 6 below.
Fix 6. Close background apps
Having too many apps running in the background at the same time may also cause your game to crash. These apps compete for CPU, memory, and network bandwidth and even induce instability issues.
To enhance the game Performance, close the background apps.
Here’s how you can check :
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key, then press Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys at the same time to bring up Task Manager.
- Select the Startup tab, then right-click on each item and click Disable
- Restart your computer
Run Scavengers on your PC to see if the issue is solved. If it still persists, please try Fix 7, below.
Fix 7. Stop overclocking
Many players would overclock their CPU or GPU to get extra performance out of the existing system hardware. But high clock speed may cause stability issues and also cause the games to crash.
Try reverting CPU or GPU to the default setting to resolve this issue. After that, now check if Scavengers Crashing and Black screen issues have ceased.
If you are using the MSI Afterburner tool to overclock your PC, uninstall it. It might be causing overheating on your PC.
Fix 8. Reinstall the game
If none of the fixes above worked, reinstalling the game is very likely the solution to your problem.
This is the only way you can fix Scavengers Crashing On PC and Black screen on Launch