The King of Fighters XV (KOF XV), a 2D fighting video game is now available for Windows, PS4, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S consoles. KOF XV was released recently and for a while, it has been doing well. After its release, lots of PC gamers have been reporting issues.
Some face crashing issues at startup or during the gameplay while others reported (KOF XV) won’t launch and freezing issues. If you also encountered the same issues, then don’t worry, thee won’t bother you now.
In this article, we have covered all the fixes that you can apply easily and quickly by yourself.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why does the King of Fighters XV Keeps Crashing on PC?
There could be several reasons found that cause crashing on startup or mid-game. We have searched multiple forums and concluded the most common causes are given below:
- Incompatible PC configuration
- Outdated game patch
- Outdated graphics drivers
- Unnecessary background tasks
- Issues with startup apps
- Older DirectX version
- Issues with overlay apps
- Overclocked CPU/GPU
- Antivirus program-related issues
What is the King of Fighters XV Requirements to Play on PC?
Before moving to any fixes, must check the system requirements that suit to run The King of Fighters XV:
|System Requirements||Minimum System Requirements||Recommended System Requirements|
|OS||Windows 7 64-bit||Windows 10 a 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel Core i5||Intel Core i7|
|Memory||8 GB RAM||16 GB RAM|
|Graphics||Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB|
|DirectX||Version 11||Version 11|
|Storage||65 GB available space||65 GB available space|
After ensuring that your PC is good enough to run the game, then look at the fixes below
In case your PC hardware is not supported to run the game then read this article to know what is the best pre-built gaming PC. An Upgrade on the PC will help you to fix your issues.
How to Fix The King of Fighters XV Keeps Crashing on PC?
You don’t need to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick
Fix 1. Verify the game integrity:
Sometimes corrupted and missing files keep the game crashing. To ensure the corrupted game files follow the below steps to check the game files’ integrity.
If you are Steam users, then here’s how you can check the game files:
- Launch Steam and go to your Library.
- Right-click on THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV and select Properties
- Click LOCAL FILES on the left, then click Verify integrity of game files. If Steam finds anything wrong with the game files, it will re-download them from its official server.
If you’re playing KOF XV on Epic games Launcher, follow the steps below:
- Launch Epic Games Launcher and go to your Library.
- Click on the three dots under THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV game tile and select Verify.
- Depending on the size of the game files, it may take some time to verify all your game files.
- When the verifying process is done, run THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV to see if it crashes again
If the crashing issue persists then move to the next fix below
Fix 2. Update graphics driver
Most of the time The King of Fighters XV Keeps Crashing on those PC that has outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance and fix the offline crashing on startup or while joining the game you need to update the graphics card driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 3. Install the latest game patch
To fix bugs and errors, SNK CORPORATION releases regular game patches. It may possible that the recent patch you are using may cause the crashing issue, you need a new patch to fix this issue.
If a new patch is available then Steam or Epic Games Launcher will be detected /and the latest game patch will be downloaded and installed when you launch the game.
Now Relaunch KOF XV and see if it crashes again. If this fix does not go in your luck then try the following fix below.
Fix 4. Install the latest DirectX files
Most games run smoothly with DirectX 11, the king of fighters XV also required this. You need to update/ install the latest DirectX version in order to get rid of the crashing issue.
Here’s how you can:
- Go to the Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime Web Install page.
- Click the Download button to start the download.
- Once downloaded, double-click the downloaded .exe file to install it on your computer.
- Restart your computer and launch KOF XV.
- Now check if the game crashes again after you installed the latest DirectX file.
If this fix does not go in your luck, then try the next fix below
Fix 5. Stop overclocking
It is seen that many players overclock their CPU and GPU to gain more performance boost while playing the game. Most of the time overclocking tools and this practice create problems for your games.
A sudden increase in CPU temp and GPU temp can cause overheating. Furthermore, tools like MSI afterburner cause conflict so you need to uninstall these tools and reset your processor to the default.
Now check if the issue is still there after you stop overclocking then give a try to the next fix below
Fix 6. Repair Epic game files:
This fix is for the Epic Games launcher, if you are a steam player then jump to the next fix.
Here’s how you can repair Epic game files:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialog. Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter to open the Programs and Features window in Control Panel.
- Right-click on Epic Games Launcher and select Repair.
- After Windows repaired Epic Games Launcher, launch KOF XV to see if it will crash.
If this fix goes in vain then try the following fix below.
Fix 7. Perform a clean boot
The game can be crashed due to ceratin apps conflicting with it. So you need to perform a clean boot to find that problematic app. Here’s how you can do that:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run Dialog. Type MSConfig and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Navigate to the Services tab, check to Hide all Microsoft services, and then click Disable all.
- Select the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
- Go back to the System Configuration window and click OK.
- Click Restart to restart your PC.
- Restart your PC and launch KOF XV to check if the game crashes again. If not, open the System Configuration window again to enable services and applications one by one until you find the problematic software.
Once you find out the problematic software that crashes KOF XV, you can uninstall it to avoid game crashing issues in the future.
Fix 8. Update Windows
Update Windows is important to reduce system glitches, compatibility issues, and crashes.
Here’s how you can install the latest versions of Windows:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
Fix 9. Run the game as an administrator:
Games run smoothly when they get administrator privileges. It would be best if you also run the Steam or Epic Games Launcher as an administrator on your PC.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Right-click on The King of Fighters XV exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
You can do the same steps for the Steam client or Epic Games Launcher too. This can help you to fix The King of Fighters XV keeps crashing issue on your PC
Fix 10. Set High Priority in Task Manager
Make your game priority in the higher segment in order to tell your Windows system to run the game properly.
Here’s how you can do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on The King of Fighters XV game task.
- Select Set Priority to High.
- Close Task Manager.
- Finally, run The King of Fighters XV game to check if it’s crashing on PC or not.
If the crashing issue reappears, try reinstalling KOF XV.