There have been several reports of VALORANT Players experiencing Val error code 5. This error typically occurs; firstly, when the VALORANT servers are overwhelmed, Riot has taken them offline for maintenance, and secondly, You cannot access the game from your account because someone else is already logged in.
Typically, players who have just queued up for matchmaking or are in the middle of a game may get this notice. The game will instantly end, and the player will get a VALORANT Error Code 5 notice if server maintenance occurs while they are still in a match.
Fixing VALORANT Error Code VAL 5
Here are various solutions to Error Code VAL 5 in VALORANT that you may attempt.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
1. Log Out Everywhere
One reason for this error is that someone else is already logged in to your account. So, you should verify with your friends who know your password before proceeding to the solution. This VAL code 5 doesn’t always indicate that you have been hacked. You might have given your account to a friend to use, and it just so happens that he is playing as you are attempting to start the game. If that’s not the case and you don’t want to wait around for responses, try this quick solution:
- Access your account by using a browser by visiting auth.riotgames.com.
- Click Login Management or scroll down.
- The Log Out Everywhere button should be clicked.
- When asked, select Confirm.
- If everything went as planned, you should get the following log-out page as confirmation:
- After that, you should attempt to log into VALORANT once more, hopefully without receiving an error code.
Apart from this issue, it’s crucial to determine whether Riot has scheduled maintenance at the time the issue appears by checking the status of the VALORANT server. However, the error has certain peculiarities, and even when the servers are up and running, the warning may appear at any time. If that’s the case, users can try the following measures to see if they help.
2. Restart the System and Router
Rebooting the computer and the internet router may be able to repair the VALORANT error code 5 if the VALORANT servers are up and running. Players can troubleshoot their home network by restarting the router, which can modify the path between them and their service providers. The issue could be resolved by altering the path, enabling participants to re-queue for their games. However, if a software problem led to the VALORANT Error code 5, restarting the system will assist users in fixing it.
3. Close all Unnecessary Programs
If you’re playing VALORANT and a lot of unwanted apps are running in the background, this might result in a Val 5 error. Running a lot of useless programs in the background can also cause other problems on your computer. The ways to terminate unnecessary apps using Task Manager are as follows:-
- Click the Task Manager option by right-clicking on the taskbar.
- Click the More details button in the lower left corner of the Task Manager.
- Now choose the processes tab, right-click the application you wish to terminate, and select End Task. Repeat these steps for each unwanted program you wish to terminate.
4. Perform a Clean Boot
If you’re unsure of which application is producing this issue, you may simply conduct a clean boot on your computer. If Val error code 5 is resolved after performing a clean boot, you can enable disabled programs one at a time to determine which program was creating this error.
To conduct a Clean Boot, follow these steps:
- To launch Run, simultaneously press Windows Key + R.
- Enter MSConfig on the Run tab after typing it there, a new window will open.
- Choose the services tab, then select the bottom left selection Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click on disable all after hiding all Microsoft services, then click Apply to confirm.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously to dismiss the system configuration window and launch Task Manager.
- Open the task manager, then navigate to the start-up tab and turn off everything there.
- Start your computer again.
5. Update Network Drivers
Updating the drivers can also fix the error code VAL 5. Your drivers can be updated by:
- Device Manager may be accessed by pressing the Windows key and typing it.
- To find Network Adapters, search as seen in the image below.
- Select Update Driver from the context menu by right-clicking each device.
This is how to update drivers using a “do it yourself” approach.
Alternate Way to Update drivers on Windows PC
On the other hand, there are various Driver updaters programs that you can find on the internet.
Why do you need Driver Updating software? it because updating the Windows drivers is a time-consuming task, and if you are a newbie you can end up installing the wrong drivers.
So we recommend downloading Driver Easy software on your PC. This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
The Driver Easy is an N0.1 software updater tool in its field and for 12 years users are using it to fix their PC errors.
So download Driver Easy and let it deal with all the system drivers.
6. Reinstall Valorant
Many problem codes, like the VALORANT Error Code 5, have a known remedy in the form of reinstalling Vanguard. Consequently, this is how you may completely reinstall Riot Vanguard on your PC.
- VALORANT, Riot, and the game should all be completely closed off since they might interfere with installing Vanguard again.
- Find the Vanguard folder. The Riot Vanguard may be found most frequently under Local Disk C’s Program Files folder.
- Delete the Riot Vanguard directory (uninstall Riot Vanguard)
- The Riot Client or the VALORANT Client should be opened. The Riot Vanguard should restart installation after this.
- Restart your computer after the Riot Vanguard installation is complete.
6. Submit A Ticket To Riot
Report the Error Code to Riot directly if nothing else resolves the issue. One method of submitting a Ticket to Riot is as follows:
- Visit support-valorant.riotgames.com.
- Register with your Account (top-right)
- Find the Submit a Ticket button by moving the cursor down a little bit.
- On the following screen, select “Technical Issues: Install, lag, crashes or patch, ” from the drop-down menu.
- Complete the required information on the next page, then press the Submit button.
That’s all from our end; we hope that this post has enabled you to play the game without experiencing the error code VAL 5.