Does CS GO FPS drop suddenly when moving a mouse, seeing enemies, or near a player? Or CSGO FPS drops after an update from 300 to 100 remaining all time below 200? Don’t worry with the below fixes you can improve FPS.
Many Redditers have raised concerns that “Need help with CS: Go frame drop issue. Usually, I can get like 200 to 300 fps in CS: Go but now it dropped to 100 max. I tried using fps_max 0 and it didn’t work.”
Counter-Strike Global Offensive remained the top game by players in 2022. Still, users complained that while playing CS GO FPS drops bugs or fluctuates drastically. Some counter-strike lovers faced this problem when they updated their system, steam engine, or game.
So if you are also dealing with CS: GO FPS random drops in 2022 or stuttering or lagging then don’t worry we have explained the best solutions to fix CS: GO FPS drop problem.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- What Causes CSGO FPS Drops Mid-Game?
- How Do We Fix FPS Bug in CSGO Causing Drops Using Command Line
- How to Fix CS: Go FPS Drop Problem 2022
What Causes CSGO FPS Drops Mid-Game?
If the CSGO FPS drops from 300 to 100 while playing, the problem is associated with your graphics card. Either you have old graphics drivers or applied the wrong in-game settings.
The most common causes of CSGO FPS Drops that we have gathered after reading several Reddit threads are.
- FPS problems can arise from CPU and GPU bottlenecking
- Multiple browsers or tabs running in the background
- Background programs
- Server connectivity issues
- Startup programs that automatically start when you start your computer
- PC infected with the malware
- Unwanted programs consuming memory
- Installed Programs automatically start updates
Also when you put more load on CPU, GPU, or RAM the game starts lagging ultimately you will notice a sudden drop in FPS.
How Do We Fix FPS Bug in CSGO Causing Drops Using Command Line
This solution is recommended by the Danish players who loved the CSGO competitions. Although it’s a short-term fix that will surely reset the framerate helping players to enjoy the rest of the gameplay.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Game settings in options.
- Enable console (~)
- Go back in-game and press the tilde key (~)
- A command console will appear on your screen.
- Type logaddress_add 1 here and press Enter
How to Fix CS: Go FPS Drop Problem 2022
To fix FPS drops in CS GOApply the fixes mentioned below to boost FPS in CS: GO and play the game seamlessly.
Fix 1: Change Graphics Settings in CSGO
Your graphics card plays a vital role in improving FPS while playing the game. If you have set the graphics setting way too high for your computer. If your PC is unable to give adequate juice then you will soon notice sudden FPS fluctuation.
So what you need to do is to set the graphics settings to Medium or Low. To do that;
- Run CS: GO and go into its Settings.
- Go to Options > Video Settings > Advanced Video Options.
- In this section, you need to set these settings to Low: Global Shadow Quality, Model / Texture Detail, Effect Detail, Shader Detail.
- Now save the changes you made and restart CS: GO
Now check to see if the CS: GO FPS drop issue is resolved. If the problem persists then apply our next fix.
Read Also: Fixed: SpeedFan Not Working on Windows 10
Fix 2: Disable Trusted Mode
Many users complained that while playing CS: GO in the trusted mode they are facing huge FPS drop. The trusted mode was built to ban Cheaters. This mode restricts all third-party applications from interacting with the game from running while players are in-game.
If you notice that CS: GO FPS drops because you enabled trusted mode then you can disable it. To do that;
- Open Steam
- Right Click on CS: GO and click on Properties
- Click on Set Launch Options
- Enter -untrusted in the field, and press Ok
Now again check if it boosts CS: GO FPS on the contrary proceed to the next fix.
Fix 3: Verify Integrity of Game Files
Sometimes the issue is related to the game file that is corrupt, missing, or removed. These files are installed on your system and steam also uses them to run the game. To fix game files you need to verify the integrity of game files if you are dealing with CS: GO FPS drops problem.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Steam on your computer and click on the Library.
- Now right-click on CS: GO and click on Properties.
- Click the Local files tab, and click Verify integrity of game files.
- Steam will start verifying the game files. It may take a few minutes.
Once the process is finished again run CS: GO and see if it has fixed the FPS drop issue.
Fix 4: Uninstall Conflicting Software
Most of the time third-party software cause CS: GO FPS drop problem. You cannot easily identify which software is causing conflict and drops FPS in-game.
However, you can use the Task Manager and check which process is consuming the most resources. Once you identify a process right-click on it to End Task it.
If you have these programs installed and running on your PC then you should remove or disable them to boost FPS in CS: GO;
- Third-party Antivirus programs including Windows Defender.
- Overlay programs, such as GeForce Experience or CPU temperature monitors
- Recently installed programs
- Startup Programs
Try to uninstall these programs and run the game to see if it has solved CS: GO FPS drop problem.
Fix 5: Update Your Device Drivers
If you have old drivers installed on your PC then try to update them. Because most of the time FPS drop problem while CS: GO is caused due to the old drivers.
The best way to update device drivers is to use the free driver updater tool called Driver Easy.
You also need to make sure that your Windows 10 or 11 OS is also fully up to date.
Fix 6. Disable Game DVR in Xbox
If you have enabled game DVR in the XBOX app it might interfere in the smooth running of games. Try to disable it by following these steps:
- Press Win + I to open Settings.
- Click on Gaming.
- From the left side click on Capture and disable Background Recording.
Fix 7. Disable Google Chrome
If you are playing CSGO with the chrome browser running with it. You are more prone to see FPS drops issues on PC.
The chrome browser demands and uses more resources almost hogging your PC.