“Need help with CS: Go FPS drop issue. Usually I can get like 200 to 300 fps in CS: Go but now it dropped to 100 max. I tried using fps_max 0 and it didn’t work”.
Even in 2021, the users are still complaining about that while playing cs: go fps drops or fluctuating drastically. Some counter-strike lovers faced this problem when they updated their system, steam engine, or game.
Most of the time you will see these questions when you look for the solutions to fix the cs: go FPS drop problem. Which includes
- CS: Go FPS drops when looking at players
- CS: Go FPS drops to 20
- CS: Go sudden FPS drop
- Why my FPS suddenly drop in CS: GO?
- How do I fix low FPS in CS: GO?
So if you are also dealing with CS: GO FPS random drops in 2021 or stuttering or lagging then don’t worry we have explained the best solutions to fix CS: GO FPS drop problem.
Why my FPS suddenly drop in CS: GO?
The problem of FPS drops while playing the game is directly linked with your graphics card. If you have an old graphics card or applied the wrong in-game settings then you will see stuttering and lagging. Other causes that drop FPS in Cs: Go includes;
- Multiple browsers or tabs running in the background
- Background programs
- Startup programs that automatically start when you start your computer
- PC infected with the malware
- Installed Programs automatically starts updates
When you put more load on CPU, RAM, and GPU the games will start lagging ultimately you will notice a sudden drop in FPS.
How to Fix CS: Go FPS Drop Problem
Need to boost FPS in CS: GO then apply these solutions.
- Change graphics settings in CS: GO
- Disable Trusted Mode
- Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Uninstall Conflicting Software
- Update your device drivers
Fix 1: Change graphics settings in CS: GO
Your graphics card plays a vital role in improving FPS while playing the game. If you have set the graphics setting way too high for your computer. But your PC is unable to give adequate juice then you will soon notice sudden FPS fluctuation.
So what you need to do is to set the graphics settings to Medium or Low. To do that;
- Run CS: GO and go into its Settings.
- Go to Options > Video Settings > Advanced Video Options.
- In this section, you need to set these settings to Low: Global Shadow Quality, Model / Texture Detail, Effect Detail, Shader Detail.
- Now save the changes you made and restart CS: GO
Now check to see if the CS: GO FPS drop issue is resolved. If the problem persists then apply our next fix.
Read Also: Fixed: SpeedFan Not Working on Windows 10
Fix 2: Disable Trusted Mode
Many users complained that while playing CS: GO in the trusted mode they are facing huge FPS drop. So trusted mode was basically built to ban Cheaters. This mode restricts all third-party applications from interacting with the game from running while players are in-game.
If you notice that CS: GO FPS drops because you enabled trusted mode then you can disable it. To do that;
- Open Steam
- Right Click on CS: GO and click on Properties
- Click on Set Launch Options
- Enter -untrusted in the field, and press Ok
Now again check if it boosts CS: GO FPS on the contrary follow our next fix.
Fix 3: Verify Integrity of Game Files
Sometimes the issue is related to the game file that is installed on your system and which the steam uses to run the game. Using steam try to verify the integrity of game files if you are dealing with CS: GO FPS drops problem.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Steam on your computer and click on the Library.
- Now right-click on CS: GO and click on Properties.
- Click the Local files tab, and click Verify integrity of game files.
- Steam will start verifying the game files. It may take a few minutes.
Once the process is finished again run CS: GO and see if it has fixed the FPS drop issue.
Fix 4: Uninstall Conflicting Software
Most of the time third-party software cause CS: GO FPS drop problem. You cannot easily identify to which software is causing conflict and drops FPS in-game. But can guess by looking at the processes running in the Task Manager.
If you have these programs installed and running on your PC then you should remove them to boost FPS in CS: GO;
- Third-party Antivirus programs including Windows Defender.
- Overlay programs, such as GeForce Experience or CPU temperature monitors
- Recently installed programs
- Startup Programs
Try to uninstall these programs and run the game to see if it has solved CS: GO FPS drop problem.
Fix 5: Update your device drivers
If you have old drivers installed on your PC then try to update them. Because most of the time FPS drop problem while CS: GO is caused due to the old drivers. Now the best way to update device drivers is to use the free driver updater tool.
These PC updater tools automatically scan and update all the required drivers on your PC. Also, make sure that your Windows is also fully up to date.