Gameloop is one of the highly anticipated games. Players expected the game to run smoothly and without major glitches. Although many gamers enjoy this game without any bugs and errors. But many steam users complained that they faced some technical glitches.
Crashing of Deathloop is among the most reported. If you also encountered the same crashing and freezing issues. then don’t worry. We have come up with all the possible fixes to facilitate your game to run properly. you just need to read this article till the end to find the fixes that best suits you.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why does my game on PC keep crashing?
There could be various reasons that can cause the game to crash. Some of the major reasons are below:
- Incompatible PC configuration
- Outdated game patch
- Outdated graphics drivers
- Unnecessary background tasks
- Issues with startup apps
- Older DirectX version
- Issues with overlay apps
- Overclocked CPU/GPU
- Antivirus program-related issues
What are the Deathloop Requirements to Play on PC?
Before moving to any fixes, must check the system requirements that suit to run Deathloop:
|System Requirements||Minimum System Requirements||Recommended System Requirements|
|OS||64 bit Windows 10 version 1909 or higher||64 bit Windows 10 version 1909 or higher|
|Processor||Intel Core i5-8400 @ 2.80GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600||Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 2700X|
|Memory||12 GB RAM||16 GB RAM|
|Graphics||Nvidia GTX 1060 (6GB) or AMD Radeon RX 580 (8GB)||Nvidia RTX 2060 (6GB) or AMD Radeon RX 5700 (8GB)|
|DirectX||Version 12||Version 12|
|Storage||30 GB available space||30 GB available space|
How to fix Deathloop Crashing or Freezing on PC?
You don’t need to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick
Fix 1. Run Deathloop as an administrator
Games run smoothly when they get administrator privileges. To make sure deathloop works properly, you need to run the game as an administrator.
Here’s how you can give it admin privileges:
- Navigate to the game’s installation folder.
- Right-click the Deathloop.exe file and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab. Then tick Run this program as an administrator and click OK.
Restart the game to test. If the crashes occue again, move to the next fix below.
Fix 2. Use the dedicated GPU
If deathloop crashes with an intel GPU not supported error, this indicates that you need a stronger GPU.A sudden increase in CPU temp and GPU temp can cause overheating.
If you have two GPU installed in your computer, then follow the below given instruction to find the dedicated GPU to run the game.
- In the Windows search box, type graphics settings and click Graphics settings.
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to the game’s installation folder and add the Deathloop.exe file.
- Click Options.
- Select High performance and click Save.
After applying this fix, if the issue perasists then move to the next fix below.
Fix 3. Update your graphics driver
Most of the time Deathloop Crashing or Freezing issue occurs on those PC that has outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance and fix the offline crashing on startup or while joining the game you need to update the graphics card driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 4. Temporarily disable third-party software
Playing game on multiple software leads to conflicts and this will cause the game to crash. Many gamers reported, disabling certain third-party software such as MSI afterburner and Rivatuner Statistics Server helped to reduce the Deathloop crashing.
You also need to close all the unnecessary apps in the background. Here’s how you can:
- Right-click any empty space on the taskbar and click Task Manager.
- Under the Process tab, right-click a program you’d like to close and click End task.
- Now that you should only leave Deathloop and your game launcher running. Test if you’re able to play the game as expected. If not, check out below fixes.
Fix 5. Verify the integrity of game files
Sometimes corrupted and missing files keep the game crashing. To ensure the corrupted game files follow the below steps to check the game files’ integrity.
- Launch Steam and go to the Library tab.
- Right-click Deathloop and click Properties.
- Click Local Files on the left and click Verify integrity of game files.
- It will take several minutes for the detecting and repairing to complete.
Once done, relaunch Deathloop to check whether the issue gets fixed. If issue persists then give a try to te next fix below.
Fix 6. Turn off overlay
When you are having a trouble while running the game, it’s good to turn off overlay apps like steam or Discord.
Here’s how you can:
- Run your Steam client.
- Click Steam at the top right and click Settings.
- Select In-Game from the left. Then untick Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game, and click OK to save the changes.
- Launch Discord.
- Click the cogwheel icon at the bottom of the left pane.
- Select the Overlay tab in the left pane and toggle off Enable in-game overlay.
- Deathloop should be back to normal after you applied the settings as above.
Fix 7.Update Windows:
Update windows is essential for PC users in order to avoid systrem glitches, compatability and crsahes issues. Therefore you need to update window so to prevent from crashing and freezing issues:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
Fix 8. Set High Priority in Task Manager
Make your game priority in the higher segment in order to tell your Windows system to run the game properly.
Here’s how you can do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on Deathloop game task.
- Select Set Priority to High.
- Close Task Manager.
- Finally, run The King of Fighters XV game to check if it’s crashing on PC or not.
Fix 9. Perform a Clean Boot
The game can be crashed due to ceratin apps conflicting with it. So you need to perform a clean boot to find that problematic app. Here’s how you can do that:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run Dialog. Type MSConfig and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Navigate to the Services tab, check to Hide all Microsoft services, and then click Disable all.
- Select the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
- Go back to the System Configuration window and click OK.
- Click Restart to restart your PC.
- Restart your PC and launch KOF XV to check if the game crashes again. If not, open the System Configuration window again to enable services and applications one by one until you find the problematic software.
Once you find out the problematic software that crashes deathloop, you can uninstall it to avoid game crashing issues in the future.
Latest drivers, latest Windows update, verified game integrity, deleted and reinstalled game, ran as admin.
Nothing works here?
1-Restart your computer
2-Press delete at the right moment to enter BIOS while your computer is booting
3-Scroll through the settings and you’ll find AES extension