Escape from Tarkov keeps Crashing on PC 2022 or in the mid-game! Don’t worry this article will tell you all the possible solutions.
Escape from Tarkov has been out for a while, and many gamers complained about the crashing issue. If you are also going through such issues, then you are in the right place. After reading this article you will be able to fix this issue on your own quickly and easily.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Why Does Escape from Tarkov Keep Crashing on PC?
- How to fix Escape from Tarkov Keeps crashing?
Why Does Escape from Tarkov Keep Crashing on PC?
Causes of Tarkov crashing may vary, After researching multiple forums, some common causes are:
- PC configuration isn’t meeting the system requirements
- Game files are missing or corrupted
- An outdated Windows OS build or an outdated graphics driver version
- An outdated DirectX version
- Third-party rogue apps can also cause system issues with the game.
- Windows Defender Firewall or any third-party antivirus program can cause such issues.
How to fix Escape from Tarkov Keeps crashing?
You don’t need to apply all of the fixes at once. Just work your way down the list until you find the right solution.
Fix 1. Make sure your PC specs meet the requirements
Most of the time the Escape from Tarkov keeps crashing issue occurs on PC or in the mid raid that doesn’t meet the recommended system requirement.
Before applying the below fixes you should check your PC hardware. If it supports then move on to the next fixes. In case your PC doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements then you need to upgrade your gaming PC.
|Specifications||Minimum System Requirements:||Recommended System Requirements:|
|OS||7/8/10 (64-bit)||7/8/10 (64-bit)|
|Processor||Intel Core 2 Duo, i3 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon, Phenom II 2.6 GHz||Intel Core i5, i7 3.2 GHz or AMD FX, Athlon 3.6 GHz|
|Memory||8 GB RAM||12 GB RAM or more|
|Graphics||Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 or AMD Radeon RX 480||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or Radeon RX 580|
|DirectX||DX11 compatible with 1 GB VRAM||DX11 compatible with 2 GB or more VRAM|
|Disk Space||8 GB or more||8 GB or more|
|Network||Permanent Internet connection||Permanent Internet connection|
If you’re sure your rig is more than capable for this game, you can take a look at the next fix.
Fix 2. Disable fullscreen optimizations
Fullscreen is the Windows 10 feature that allows your system to improve the experience of full-screen games or apps. Some gamers report on Reddit that this function could hinder the smooth play of Escape from Tarkov. Try disabling it and notice how things work.
Here are the steps to disable full-screen optimization:
- Go to your game directory of Escape from Tarkov.
- Right-click EscapeFromTarkov.exe and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab. Under the Settings section, check the box next to Disable fullscreen optimizations. Then click OK.
Fix 3. Update your graphics driver
Escape from Tarkov keeps crashing issues arising on Windows 10 and 11 PC because of the outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance you need to update the graphics driver. There are two methods to update graphics cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit NVIDIA/AMD sites and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 4. Install all Windows updates
Windows updates boost the system stability and can solve the software issues in your system. To overcome the crashing issue when loading the map, here are the following steps you can install on windows 10 or 7:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + I at the same time to open the Windows Settings app. Click Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates. It might take up to an hour for Windows to download and install available updates.
- To make sure you’ve installed all the system updates, repeat these steps until it prompts “You’re up to date” when you click Check for updates again.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key. Select Control Panel.
- Select System and Security.
- Click Windows Update.
- Click Install updates. It’ll take a while (up to 1 hour) for Windows to install all the updates.
After installing all the system updates, restart your PC and test the gameplay with the escape from Tarkov.
If this method doesn’t solve your case, simply check out the next one.
Fix 5. Increase your virtual memory
Virtual memory serves as an additional RAM, It will be helpful when your PC is running out of memory, increasing the virtual memory of the PC can make it the possible solution to the crashing issue.
Here are few steps on how you can your virtual memory:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Type or paste control system.cpl and click OK.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab. Under the Performance section, click Settings
- Navigate to the Advanced tab, under the Virtual memory section, click Change
- Uncheck the box next to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives. Then select Customize size.
- Enter Initial size and Maximum size according to the physical memory of your computer. Microsoft recommends that virtual memory should be 1.5 to 3 times the size of physical memory. In my case, the physical memory of my computer is 8 GB, so the Initial size for me here is 8 x 1024 x 1.5 = 12288 MB, and the Maximum size should be 8 x 1024 x 3 = 24576 MB. Once you’ve entered your size of virtual memory, click Set, then click OK to apply the changes
If this fix does not work for you, then check the next fix below:
Fix 6. Disable Steam Overlay:
- Open Steam on your Windows.
- Head over to the Settings > Click on the In-Game.
- Click on the checkbox to disable Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
- Once the checkbox mark is removed, click on OK
Fix 7. Reinstall Escape from Tarkov
The crashing issue depicts that there’s an integrity issue with your game files. It means that there are some missing and corrupted files in your game directory and the specific sample would be constant crashes at a certain scene or mode.
After applying these fixes if none of the solutions work for you then you can reinstall the Escape from Tarkov