An error has occurred with system software! Need to solve PS4 Error CE-36329-3?
The PlayStation4 error codes are the worst thing that happens while playing the game preventing users to enjoy their favorite games.
We have already discussed PS4 Error CE-32809-2 in our earlier post. In this post, we will talk about yet another PS4 error CE-36329-3. This error appears on a blue screen telling you that there’s a System Software Error and turns off your PS4 console.
Most users can fix this issue by simply rebooting their PS4 console and game but some users can’t get out of this situation.
What Cause the PS4 Error CE-36329-3
This PlayStation4 error is not restricted to System Software, other factors lead to this error. Such as:
- Data corruption in console or game files.
- Data conflict in console or game files.
- Interruption or spike in the power supply when PS4 writing data.
- Games having bad code, unpatched vulnerabilities
- PS4’s CPU overheats while processing data.
- Corrupted CMOS data.
How To Fix PS4 Error CE-36329-3
Apply the below fixes to resolve the playstation4 error while playing the game.
Fix 1. Update PS4 System Software
The PS4 Error CE-36329-3 is showing up because there is a compatibility issue between the game file and the PS4 system. Therefore, you have to update the PS4 system software to the latest version. Here’s how to do it:
- Open PS4 Settings > System Software Update tab.
- Select Update Now and press the Accept button.
If there’s an available update it will install automatically. In case you can’t access the Settings then you need to update system software using Safe Mode.
To update system software in safe mode follow these steps:
- Turn Off the PS4 console.
- Press and hold the power button and release it after the second beep.
- Select Safe Mode option 3.
- Update System Software.
- Select Update from USB Storage Device > OK.
Fix 2. Reinstall the Game/App
If the game’s files get corrupted that this error won’t be fixed after a system update. You have to reinstall the game in question.
- Go to PS4 Settings > System Storage Management > Applications.
- Select the game press the Options button, then click on Delete.
You should create a backup to save your game data.
- Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage.
Fix 3. Clear PS4 Cache
Another simple fix to solve the PS4 Error CE-36329-3 problem is to refresh the system cache. Follow these steps:
- Press the Power button to turn off the PS4 completely.
- Unplug it from the power source for 30 seconds.
- Restart the PS4 console.
Fix 4. Rebuild PS4 Database
Most of the time it’s the data corruption on PS4’s internal storage device that causes PS4 error.
Try to rebuild the PS4 database to resolve this issue.
- Press and hold the PS4 power button to it turn off.
- Again press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps. The second beep means you have entered in Safe Mode.
- Connect your PS4 controller to the console via USB cable. The Bluetooth doesn’t work in the Safe Mode.
- Press the PS button on the controller.
- From the Safe Mode window, select Option Rebuild Database.
Wait for a minute to complete this process now to check to see Playstation4 error CE-36329-3 is fixed or not.
Fix 5. Clear CMOS memory
The corrupted CMOS memory data can also be the cause of PS4 error. It’s advisable to clear CMOS memory while troubleshooting problems.
Keep in mind that clearing the CMOS on the PS4 motherboard will reset the PS4 BIOS settings to their factory defaults.
Follow these simple steps:
- Turn off your PS4.
- Disconnect your PS4 from the wall outlet.
- Open the PS4 case and find the CMOS battery on the motherboard. This is a CR2032 battery, a coin-sized battery.
- Gently remove the CMOS battery. Use a small screw driver to push the pin holding the battery in place, then lift the battery out of the socket.
- Wait a few minutes, then replace the CMOS battery.
- Connect the PS4 plugs into the power outlet and turn the switch on and wait 5-10 minutes before turning on the PS4. This delay provides time for some recharging of the CMOS battery, which may have been drained.
- Now, turn on the PS4 and check whether everything goes fine or not
Fix 6. Initialize PS4
If all the above steps don’t work for you and you keep seeing PS4 Error CE-36329-3 then initialize your PS4 console.
- First, connect the USB drive to your PS4 to create a backup.
- Go to PS4 Settings > System > Back Up and Restore > Back Up PS4.
- Now access Settings > Initialization > Initialize PS4 > Full.
Fix 7. Fix Your PS4 HDD Issues
If your PS4 freezes while playing the game and showed you error codes off and on. There might be a problem with PS4 HDD, some bad sectors on HDD corrupt data.
All you need to do is to perform full formate on PS4 HDD. For that, you can take out the PS4 HDD and connect it to your computer to formate it. If the problem persists then replace the PS4 HDD.