Razer Synapse not opening or failed to start while lunching….!
Razer Synapse 3 helps users to configure Razer peripherals but sometimes it won’t open when starting or it doesn’t detect Razer mouse/keyboard. The usual causes of Razer Synapse not working are Admin Restriction, Missing or corrupted synapse files, or firewall or antivirus software blocking it.
You can fix Razer Synapse not opening on Windows 10 by reinstalling the software. However, if the Razer Synapse is not launching problem persists then you may close the Razer processes and restart it again.
Earlier we have explained how to fix Razer Cortex Not Opening. In this post we have explained solutions to fix Razer Synapse failed to start error on Windows 10.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Fix Razer Synapse not Opening/Lunching or Detecting Anything
- How to Make Razer Synapse Open on Startup
- Razer Synapse Doesn’t Detect Keyboard
- Razer Synapse Not Detecting Mouse
Fix Razer Synapse not Opening/Lunching or Detecting Anything
Before you start fixing the Razer Synapse 3 not opening problem, make sure system requirements are fulfilled. These are;
- Windows 10 64-bit or Windows 11
- 500 MB of free hard disc space
- Valid e-mail
- Download software, license acceptance, and internet connection needed to activate full features and for software updates. After activation, full features will still be available even if you are not connected to the internet.
Fix 1. Run Razer Synapse As Administrator
Most of the time it’s the admin restriction that won’t let you open Razer Synapse on Windows 10. Simply running with admin access can solve this problem. Follow these steps:
- Right click on Razer Synapse shortcut icon appearing on desktop.
- Choose Run as Administartor, in the following window clock OK.
Fix 2. Restart Razer Synapse Services
Closing all the processes and restarting the services in the Task Manager can help you fix the razer synapse not opening. Here’s how;
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Locate all processes relating to Synapse and right-click on it to End Task it.
- Then click on Services Tab and locate
Razer Central Serviceand
Razer Synapse Service.
- Now Right Click on these services and Choose Start or Restart.
Now try running Razer Synapse 3 and check if the not opening problem is resolved or not.
Fix 3. Clean Reinstall Razer Synapse
If the problem doesn’t go away then it may be corrupted software’s files hindering proper lunch. Try to reinstall this software, here’s how;
- Close all Synapse programs i.e. Razer Chroma, Razer Central, Razer Cortex, and Razer Synapse.
- Press Windows + R, type in
control appwiz.cpland press Enter to open Control Panel.
- Find this software and Uninstall it from your PC. ( Follow the on-screen instruction while uninstalling it).
- Un-plug all the Razer devices from your PC and laptop.
- Now locate and delete all file and folders relating to Razer synapse from your PC. Access C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Razer and delete all conserned folders.
- Restart your PC.
- Now visit the official site and download the latest version of Razer Synapse 3 on your PC and laptop.
- Now connect all the devices and it will automatically detect them.
After performing this fix the Razer Synapse not working problem should be resolved.
Fix 4. Re-install Razer Device Drivers
Sometimes if Razer devices i.e. mouse or keyboard have corrupted, missing, or old drivers, the Synapse won’t open properly. Follow these steps;
- Press Windows + R, type in
devmgmt.mscand hit Enter. It will open Device Manager.
- Double-click on the mice and other pointing devices, Keyboards and Human Interface Devices categories to expand them.
- Right-click on thr Razer mouse or kepboard device and choose Uninstall Device option.
- In the pop-up select the Delete the driver software for this device option and press Uninstall button.
- Now Un-plug all the Razer devices and restart your PC or laptop.
- Connect the Razer keyboard, mouse or other devices and Windows 10 will automatically detect and install the curent latest device driver
Fix 5. Turn off third-party antivirus/ Windows Defender Firewall
Antivirus tools and Windows built-in firewall defenders sometimes deal with synapse software as a threat resultantly block it from running.
If you have installed Avast antivirus it may not stop running in the background or cause an internet connection. At the same time, this PC virus protection tool can also block Synapse from opening. You can temporarily disable this tool or create a white list (exception list).
The same case is with the Windows Firewall Defender. You can turn off it temporarily. Here’s how
- Press Windows + R, type
firewall.cpland press Enter.
- Click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off to open the options shown directly below.
- Select both the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall buttons, and then click the OK button.
How to Make Razer Synapse Open on Startup
Lately, many users are mentioning that Razer Synapse not launching at startup. They have changed the Windows settings i.e. Windows Settings > Apps > Startup > Turning ON the slider to automatically enable Synapse startup, yet failed.
If this software is not starting up when Windows 10 boots up then there may be an error in its configuration tool. You should uninstall the Razer Synapse completely from your system and then reinstall it again to fix this problem.
Once you reinstall this tool again enable the Synapse startup option from the Windows settings
If the problem persists, it’s because Synapse loads way too fast confusing the Windows. If you set a delay for Razer programs it will eliminate the synapse startup error.
- Press Win + R and type services.msc
- Find all Razer programs services and double-click on them.
- Within the General tab click on Startup Type and from the drop-down menu choose Automatic (Delayed Start).
Razer Synapse Doesn’t Detect Keyboard
While using this amazing software you may face a problem where Razer Synapse does not recognize or detect Razer devices.
To sort out this issue first check the Razer Keyboard on another PC if it works then try to change the USB port. Make sure that the keyboard is properly plugged in and if needed repair Synapse using Control Panel.
Many users claimed that when they face this problem they perform a clean reinstallation of Synapse and Razer devices.
Razer Synapse Not Detecting Mouse
Does Razer Synapse not detect the mouse then first troubleshoot the hardware problem. Connect mouse with different PC and if it’s working fine then change USB ports.
Uninstall Razer Synapse from PC while deleting all the files and folders then reinstall it from its official site.
Reinstall and update Razer mouse drivers because not detecting or recognizing problems pop up when you have corrupted, missing, or outdated device drivers.