Resident Evil 5 not launching on Windows 10 PC after the patch download. Or Resident Evil 5 on Steam not launching or working. Don’t worry here we have the solutions.
Resident Evil 5 is an old yet exciting game still a time comes when players complain that they can’t launch resident evil 5 on their Windows 10/11 PC especially when they are playing it using Windows live.
If you are also looking for solutions on Reddit to fix Resident Evil 5 not launching then look no further. Here we have compiled a list of the best possible fixes that users on different forums have suggested
Where Resident Evil won’t launch on startup or it keeps crashing on Steam then read this article till the end.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Why Resident Evil 5 won’t launch on your PC?
- How to fix Resident Evil not launching on Windows PC?
Why Resident Evil 5 won’t launch on your PC?
There are numerous reasons for not launching this game. But some common reasons are given below:
- The game doesn’t launch along with your Windows operating system
- PC configuration isn’t meeting the system requirements
- Outdated graphics driver
- Outdated Windows version
- Missing or corrupted game file
How to fix Resident Evil not launching on Windows PC?
You don’t need to apply all of the fixes at once. Just work your way down the list until you find the right solution.
Fix 1. Scan and repair your game files
When the game won’t launch on your PC then first you need to make sure that there are not any missing or corrupted game files. Especially when the Resident Evil 5 does not launch on steam you need to check the integrity of its game file.
Follow these steps to check the game files using the Steam launcher:
- Go to your Steam library, right-click Resident Evil 5, and select Properties.
- In the left menu, select LOCAL FILES. Then click Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait until the checking completes. Then you can try to start the game.
- If this game won’t help you to launch steam, give it a try to the next fix below:
Fix 2. Update your graphics driver
Resident Evil not launching or crashing issues will arise on Windows 10 and 11 PC if you have outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance you need to update the graphics driver. There are two methods to update graphics cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit NVIDIA/AMD sites and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 3. Install all Windows updates
Windows 10 OS updates help it to run your system smoothly. You need to make sure that you have installed the latest updates to prevent Resident Evil 5 won’t launch on the Steam problem:
- On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) and type control update and click OK.
- Now Click on Windows Update from the left side and then click the Check for updates button.
- Windows will then check for available updates. (Or click Restart now if it prompts “Restart required”)
- After installing all the updates, restart your computer and check if you can launch Resident Evil 5 now.
If this method doesn’t work for you, simply continue to the next one.
Fix 4. Install the latest version of Games for Windows Live (GFWL)
Resident Evil 5 runs on Microsoft’s Games for Windows LIVE (GFWL) platform, which has already been phased out on Windows 10. That being said, there’s still a way you can run the game: To make Resident Evil 5 work on Windows 10, you need to install the latest GFWL.
When you’ve installed the latest GFWL, restart your PC and check if Resident Evil 5 launches for you. If the luck won’t go in your favor then try the next fix below.
Fix 5. Replace game files with a fan-made patch
Another fix is to replace the game file with a fan-made patch without installing GFWL. The patch can perform its function by fixing some known bugs of Resident Evil 5.
Here’s how you can try the patch:
- Visit the website and download the patch at the bottom of the page.
- Unzip the patch and copy all the files.
- Open the Resident Evil 5 folder and paste the patch files.
Now check if Resident Evil 5 can launch normally.
Fix 6. Run the game in Compatability Mode
- Go to the Resident Evil 5 installation directory.
- Locate the re5dx9.exe file, right-click it and choose Properties from the menu
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab. Check Run the program in compatibility mode and select Windows 7 from the list.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
After doing that, the game will start in Compatibility mode and look if you not launching the problem to get resolved.