Are you dealing with Resident Evil Village lag issues on PC? Does resident evil village cutscene lag and graphics glitch hindering you while playing the game?
Players encounter Resident Evil Village lag spikes when attacked or laggy cutscenes with input and audio shutters? Don’t worry these will NO MORE disturb you.
No doubt, the long-anticipated horror game Resident Evil Village has finally been out and players are enjoying killing Zombies. Likewise, all the other games, also create lagging issues on PC between the cutscene and the voice lines issue.
If you are also going through the Resident Evil Village Lag issues, then you are in the right place of sorting out your lag issues.
Why Resident Evil Village Lag Issues on PC?
There are multiple reasons that could become a source of Resident Evil Village lag issues on PC. The most common are below:
- Outdated graphics driver
- Corrupt game files
- Conflicting software that you might have installed on your PC
- Antivirus software blocking the game from launch
- Unnecessary background tasks
How To Fix Resident Evil Village Lag Issues on PC?
You don’t need to apply all of the fixes at once. Just work your way down the list until you find the right solution.
Fix 1. Verify game integrity
The audio and video out-of-sync issue could happen if the files of Resident Evil Village are corrupt. You need to check the integrity of game files.
During this process, if any files on your PC are found different from the ones on Steam servers, they’ll be changed or repaired.
Here’s how you can :
- Restart your computer.
- Launch Steam and sign in to your account.
- Navigate to LIBRARY, then right-click on the Resident Evil Village game title and click Properties
- Click LOCAL FILES > Verify integrity of game files
- Wait a few minutes for Steam to validate the files of the game. Again, any files found missing or corrupt would be automatically downloaded in the process.
- Re-launch Resident Evil Village to see if the lag problem has been removed.
If it mitigates then HURRAH, Enjoy, But if it Persistss then move to the next fix.
Fix 2: Update your device drivers and Network Adapters
Resident Evil Village lagging issues arise on PC because of the outdated or corrupted device and network adapter drivers. To improve gaming performance you need to update the device driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated device drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 3: Adjust your graphics settings
According to some players, tweaking the in-game settings of Resident Evil Village has helped them resolve the lag issue in Resident Evil Village.
You could try it too and see how it goes:
- Screen resolution: Native
- Image Sharpening: Off
- Vertical sync: Off
- Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
- Low Latency Mode: Off
- Rendering mode: Normal
- FidelityFX CAS: Off
- Ray tracing: Off
Fix 4: Install the latest patch
The lagging in cutscene or audio input lagging could be a bug for this game. If that’s the case, the developers would work on addressing the issue and patching the bug in its new releases.
Although you should not need to download the new Patch manually. As it would be detected and automatically installed by Steam.
Fix 5. Lower Down The In-Game Graphics
If you have a playing Resident Evil Village on a Pc that doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements then you are more prone to see lagging issues.
It’s because your old PC can’t handle the high in-game graphics. You need to run the game and go to Setting, then tweak some changes in the in-game graphic setting. We suggest you bring the setting to the minimum and then check if the issue gets fixed.
Fix 6. Change your DNS settings
You can change to Google public DNS to fix resident Evil Village’s lagging and stuttering. Follow the steps to change your Google DNS settings:
- Press and hold the Windows logo key + R. Then, type the following and hit enter key: control.exe /name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter.
- From the new window select the Change adapter settings.
- Select properties from the drop-down menu that pop-ups when you right-click on your network adapter.
- Now select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Click on Properties.
- Select the second option that was mentioned Use the following DNS server addresses. Now, for preferred network DNS, type: 220.127.116.11
- Then, for the Alternate DNS server, type: 18.104.22.168
- Now, press OK to save the changes that you’ve made and close the window.
- That’s it. Now, you’ve changed your DNS settings, launch the game and see if the Resident Evil Village lag issues on PC gets resolved or not.